Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: usic is a joke

Default Re: usic is a joke

this suprises me ive been at usic for 2.2 years and i got two raises in the first year started at 13 went to 14.06

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    this suprises me ive been at usic for 2.2 years and i got two raises in the first year started at 13 went to 14.06
    Well WTF to that!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDodds View Post
    Been at this for 1.5 years. In that time I have seen no raise and no bonus. I have had 2 damages. 1 was a gas service and the other was a 25 pair phone line that was outside of the dig area by about 30 feet. I still got blamed for it. Never was givin a reason when I didn't get my bonus.
    Now yall got me worried. Im used to the damage thing. In cable its even worse. All a customer has to do is say you broke something and its coming out of your check. Ive had em try and say i drilled holes in their sideing broke the cable jack off their tv even had one accuse me of kidnapping her stupid cat one time. None of it true. I actually learned from others mistakes and take pictures and document any type of damage i find. Had a woman say i ninja kicked my way out of her concrete foundation wall once as well just so i wouldnt have to crawl ten more feet to her crawlspace door. That one was obviously BS.

Back on topic it sounds like USIC has some issues. Is this the norm for locating companies or are some better than others. If so which ones.

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolcabledog View Post

Back on topic it sounds like USIC has some issues. Is this the norm for locating companies or are some better than others. If so which ones.
    All the contract companies are going to be a lot alike, USIC and Utiliquest are probably the two worst, by sheer size they are working on a pure profit platform to begin with. I would say take a job if offered, use it to get experience, and keep up a diligent watch for a better locating gig.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk182 View Post
    All the contract companies are going to be a lot alike, USIC and Utiliquest are probably the two worst, by sheer size they are working on a pure profit platform to begin with. I would say take a job if offered, use it to get experience, and keep up a diligent watch for a better locating gig.
    that is what a few of us are going to do very soon say good bye to usic and well go to much better place

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by shityjobunderpayed View Post
    that is what a few of us are going to do very soon say good bye to usic and well go to much better place

I take it you dont like how canadian ownership is compensating and treating you?

Do you feel that a lack of pride and nationalism is effecting the workplace attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    I take it you dont like how canadian ownership is compensating and treating you?

Do you feel that a lack of pride and nationalism is effecting the workplace attitude?
    come to pa and work once its bull shit
    Last edited by TheCableVine; September 9th, 2012 at 07:00 PM.

Years of Experience

usic seems to be a good company to me ! I have no complaints . I have been with them for 3 months now .
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    I guess I don't understand all you idiots just coming on here to bash USIC. If you hate it that bad and you think every other company is full of money and great things why don't you go there and work.

Don't get me wrong the wage freezes and the insurance skyrocketing doesn't make me happy but talk to others in the trades and they'll tell you about their insurance hikes and wage freezes.

Also if you all think the union is the answer for USIC why hasn't the union gotten a signed contract in the PA offices in over a year. I bet they are still taking their dues even though there isn't a contract.
    This is the best I have heard. Everyone always thinks that things have to be better else where but for some reason they are stuck in a job they hate......news flash....if you are unable to get a job elsewhere you must not be a good candidate to begin with.

Years of Experience
    17 years

USIC was ok, I guess. I just realized when performance and damage bonuses disappeared that there was no way I could take care of my family on their pay. I started there with high hopes but I found early on that sometimes the grass only looks greener because that's where all the shit is. It got a little better with time and differing areas but the pay never went up. It's certainly not the worst job I've ever had. That bridge is burnt but I'll always love the work and I'm good at it.
    I figure if you can't make a positive change for the company then make one for yourself. If there are no local alternatives then leave the area, leave the industry, or quit whining. Your own bad attitude is what will bring you down. Bitching just to bitch is a waste of time, energy, and it brings everyone down.

Years of Experience
    na

I spoke to someone recently that has a lot of tenure and knowledge in oversite of how these larger locate concerns are soaking it up . Like that 1% issue that had been addressed with the occupy movement.

There is a great deal of profit at the top. He did not detail how far the big money filters down, but all the bitching and complaining of pressure and risks imposed is just how that profit is getting squeezed out of the 99% of field personnel.

Some of this is being looked at at the NULCA level to the extent of safety, and risk being imposed in protecting utility infrastructure.

So lets just see how things play out. Knowing that foriegn and private investor concerns have a priorty of making a buc possibly foremost vs protecting vital infrastructure may be being investigated a little more than most would think.

Many issues projected by the boots in the field are excellent evidence to dig a little deeper.

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    I spoke to someone recently that has a lot of tenure and knowledge in oversite of how these larger locate concerns are soaking it up . Like that 1% issue that had been addressed with the occupy movement.

There is a great deal of profit at the top. He did not detail how far the big money filters down, but all the bitching and complaining of pressure and risks imposed is just how that profit is getting squeezed out of the 99% of field personnel.

Some of this is being looked at at the NULCA level to the extent of safety, and risk being imposed in protecting utility infrastructure.

So lets just see how things play out. Knowing that foriegn and private investor concerns have a priorty of making a buc possibly foremost vs protecting vital infrastructure may be being investigated a little more than most would think.

Many issues projected by the boots in the field are excellent evidence to dig a little deeper.
    You are aware of the legal hurdles involved in filing an international lawsuit right?

If Omers is chartered in Quebec it's basically a huge waste of effort.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by Turk182 View Post
    You are aware of the legal hurdles involved in filing an international lawsuit right?

If Omers is chartered in Quebec it's basically a huge waste of effort.

Not if the NARUC enters the equation and judges the integrity of utilities are not being protected at their level of standards ... http://naruc.org/
    Last edited by USIC1; September 10th, 2012 at 03:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    USIC was ok, I guess. I just realized when performance and damage bonuses disappeared that there was no way I could take care of my family on their pay. I started there with high hopes but I found early on that sometimes the grass only looks greener because that's where all the shit is. It got a little better with time and differing areas but the pay never went up. It's certainly not the worst job I've ever had. That bridge is burnt but I'll always love the work and I'm good at it.
    I figure if you can't make a positive change for the company then make one for yourself. If there are no local alternatives then leave the area, leave the industry, or quit whining. Your own bad attitude is what will bring you down. Bitching just to bitch is a waste of time, energy, and it brings everyone down.
    Well said!

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    Bitching just to bitch is a waste of time, energy, and it brings everyone down.
    Agreed, I've been trying to impress this upon Locator00567842106822 since he joined up to the forum. Maybe he'll finally get the message.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast