Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: usic is a joke

Default usic is a joke

usic sucks

Default Re: usic is a joke

Years of Experience

I guess I don't understand all you idiots just coming on here to bash USIC. If you hate it that bad and you think every other company is full of money and great things why don't you go there and work.

Don't get me wrong the wage freezes and the insurance skyrocketing doesn't make me happy but talk to others in the trades and they'll tell you about their insurance hikes and wage freezes.

Also if you all think the union is the answer for USIC why hasn't the union gotten a signed contract in the PA offices in over a year. I bet they are still taking their dues even though there isn't a contract.
    PokerAdam likes this.

Well I will be moving on from usic in just a few days. As far as the union in PA goes it is a joke. The union was just protecting the dirt bags. Unfortunately we all paid for the union and the company fighting. We still do not have a signed contract just a company implemented one. (last best offer or something along those lines) Oh the union has not gotten a penny from my paycheck in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    I guess I don't understand all you idiots just coming on here to bash USIC. If you hate it that bad and you think every other company is full of money and great things why don't you go there and work.

Don't get me wrong the wage freezes and the insurance skyrocketing doesn't make me happy but talk to others in the trades and they'll tell you about their insurance hikes and wage freezes.

Also if you all think the union is the answer for USIC why hasn't the union gotten a signed contract in the PA offices in over a year. I bet they are still taking their dues even though there isn't a contract.

And on the other hand it could be considered a service rather than disservice if a concensus of whistleblowers are forewarning of a fire ahead...

Such a corporate stigma on a public forum could prove beneficial in a few ways - 1 either garner brownie points for those trying to defeat or downplay the claims or 2 the company may choose to consider and address improving conditions.

I think being impartial aka fence sitting is a copout.

Either you should be for or against the case.

That is whats wrong with our country today.

One side is pushing the steering wheel one way and the other the other way.

And the ship is still veering in the wrong direction into the storm.

Real decision makers are needed - no more answering a question with a question kind of stuff ....

Lets finger the guilty and committ to real change on the issues.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Everyone be patient, Locator0567834222 will be by in a minute to remind us all how bad it was to work for USIC. AGAIN.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

I made this post do to how i feel about usic. We are over worked and under payed, and this union shit well i never payed any dues since i been with usic . In a few days i will be done with usic and moving on to a better paying job doing the same thing and also way better insurance

I respect what you are saying, sure hope you are not going to be teaching any grammar to my children in your new job.

USIC is a big company.... not sure we need to say anything else. Some folks struggle to turn a battleship around while USIC executives are trying to turn the battlefield around. Good Luck everyone..

Well I will be moving on from usic in just a few days. As far as the union in PA goes it is a joke. The union was just protecting the dirt bags. Unfortunately we all paid for the union and the company fighting. We still do not have a signed contract just a company implemented one. (last best offer or something along those lines) Oh the union has not gotten a penny from my paycheck in years.

One good thing I can say about USIC is safety. They drill it in your head to get home safe every day.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by shityjobunderpayed View Post
    One good thing I can say about USIC is safety. They drill it in your head to get home safe every day.
    With USIC's past, to me that is just them blowing smoke up ones ass, they talk big about family too. You being safer does have benefits for them. Less auto accidents and workman's comp and bodies in the field. They talk of safety but they stretch their workers thin ad they have to cover bigger areas and with time sensitive tickets. They hint about taking short cuts that could get others hurt. May be I am just cynical but to me USIC decisions seem to always have a CYA feel to them. Either as a result from a law suit or to fend off future one. To kiss up to a client or have in place something to say "See this is not how they were trained". Have it in placed to show the insurance company.

Well i start my first locating job next week with USIC. Ive been in the cable contracting industry for 8 years now and from the sound of things the locating game is no different from it. Ever since i started all ive heard is how the grass was greener on the other side. Sometimes it was sometimes it wasnt. It was never as good across the fence as people made it sound though.

As for the industry in general it is going down the tubes. Companies like Charter and Comcast want more and more from their techs and the contracting firms are always cutting each others throats. A job that payed me 50 bucks 5 years ago now pays 30 all because the corporate heads say we will do it cheaper. The techs are the only ones who ever actually take the cut though. Its the only industry i know of in which you work better and more and make less year after year which is why im leaving it. I hope locating isnt as bad when it comes to that. I am already a little disappointed as the starting pay is a full dollar an hour less than i was originally told it was. I decided to take the job anyway as i was told raised came after 90 days and 6 months but from the sound of it that may have just been HR sugar coating a turd.

Cable also has a lot of naysayers in it as well as its stressful and back breaking. If they treat you as bad as most cable companies do ill get my training and some experience and roll on as well. I do quality work where ever i go and i demand common respect for it. Be honest with me and dont piss down my back and tell me its raining and i make the best employee a company can hope for. Make a bunch of empty promises and I move on down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolcabledog View Post
    well i start my first locating job next week with usic. Ive been in the cable contracting industry for 8 years now and from the sound of things the locating game is no different from it. Ever since i started all ive heard is how the grass was greener on the other side. Sometimes it was sometimes it wasnt. It was never as good across the fence as people made it sound though.

As for the industry in general it is going down the tubes. Companies like charter and comcast want more and more from their techs and the contracting firms are always cutting each others throats. A job that payed me 50 bucks 5 years ago now pays 30 all because the corporate heads say we will do it cheaper. The techs are the only ones who ever actually take the cut though. Its the only industry i know of in which you work better and more and make less year after year which is why im leaving it. I hope locating isnt as bad when it comes to that. I am already a little disappointed as the starting pay is a full dollar an hour less than i was originally told it was. I decided to take the job anyway as i was told raised came after 90 days and 6 months but from the sound of it that may have just been hr sugar coating a turd.

Cable also has a lot of naysayers in it as well as its stressful and back breaking. If they treat you as bad as most cable companies do ill get my training and some experience and roll on as well. I do quality work where ever i go and i demand common respect for it. Be honest with me and dont piss down my back and tell me its raining and i make the best employee a company can hope for. Make a bunch of empty promises and i move on down the line.
    i would go back and tell them you want what they said the starting pay was or as advertised. Because come that 6 months most likely you will not get a raise and it will take you like 3 years to earn that extra dollar back. Contact hr and or the district manager seriously or you may regret going to usic even more

try a raise once a year at 5% and if u get a damage they take a half % from you that is usic

Years of Experience

Been at this for 1.5 years. In that time I have seen no raise and no bonus. I have had 2 damages. 1 was a gas service and the other was a 25 pair phone line that was outside of the dig area by about 30 feet. I still got blamed for it. Never was givin a reason when I didn't get my bonus.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast