Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: USIC idle time

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: USIC idle time

Quote Originally Posted by The Big-E View Post
    I turn my car on in the morning, and it don't stop till I do...
    For me it depended on which vehicle I was in. About a year prior to the Texas holding company sell their S&N stock shares corporate pumped up the apparent cash flow be stopping all preventative maintenance except oil changes. If a part of the steering gear was replaced the needed wheel alignments were not done. It was run it until it breaks so if we turned off the vehicle there was a good chance it would not start again.

Years of Experience

What do you expect? If you have worked for USIC for any length of time (me was 7 years) you know they specialize in micro-management.
    They treat their locators like children who need constant supervision.
    Man I dont miss that place.
    daman1 and UULC like this.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by sotiredofitall View Post
    What do you expect? If you have worked for USIC for any length of time (me was 7 years) you know they specialize in micro-management.
    They treat their locators like children who need constant supervision.
    Man I dont miss that place.
    with new management now they are micro managing to make their numbers look good. here in Wisconsin even with 60 tickets on their board and 2 days late the locators could not work more than 40 hrs in a week. Any that did have been threatened with termination. All the tickets are going to the supervisors and they are distributing them to locators. They are not RIFing any one yet and just dishing out just enough tickets. Some days a locator barely has enough tickets and can not get 8 hrs and then they next day you are getting tickets due the next day and enough that you have to bust your ass just to get them done. through corporate firing and people fed up and quitting. Some being offered more $$ to stay but said no. There is 3 locators to handle 1 1/2-2 counties.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Rumor has it they are going to switch everyone to Hybrid vehicles... you'll have to squish all your gear in the back of a Toyota Prius. This will help with some idle time. Just until they have to start replacing the batteries in the car.

oooohh, maybe they will switch to Electric cars and you will have to stop all production every couple of hours in order to charge it. All your "Breaks" will be held at the nearest charging station. That should help morale and production all at the same time.

mke
    yahoo likes this.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    Rumor has it they are going to switch everyone to Hybrid vehicles... you'll have to squish all your gear in the back of a Toyota Prius. This will help with some idle time. Just until they have to start replacing the batteries in the car.

oooohh, maybe they will switch to Electric cars and you will have to stop all production every couple of hours in order to charge it. All your "Breaks" will be held at the nearest charging station. That should help morale and production all at the same time.

mke
    S&N Locating actually bought about half a dozen Chevy Sparks.Us in locating said too small but we are just locators and nobody listened to us. None ever got out with locators
    because they could not carry all the equipment.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post

mke
    Do they have charging stations at the office? No way I would plug in my house. I think they need a certain type of outlet and 2 not paying the electric out of my pocket to charge it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12