Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: USIC Hiring Process

Default USIC Hiring Process

I've been on the site for a couple days now and I'm currently going through the USIC hiring process in Illinois. I was wondering what the next steps of the hiring process are. So far I have submitted a resume online, had an over the phone interview, took the computer assessment, and signed the background release. Can anyone tell me what the next steps will be, I'm sure the background check will be fine because I had a federal clearance once before.

Any help will be appreciated

Default Re: USIC Hiring Process

with me i had a phone call about 2 weeks later for an interview with my soon to be sup and dm, than if you are the best candidate they will call you and offer you a job. locating is fun, just take you time and DO NOT LET THEM PUSH YOU. learn it right first, then you will learn your way from there. the hardest thing about this job is coping with the bull that goes on here, you will see that in about 6 months or so, then you will be a frequent visitor here.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

probably a ride along with a tech is the next step to give you a feel of what we do

Proably Still @ Work Cause You Cant Get Home

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4jw87 View Post
    with me i had a phone call about 2 weeks later for an interview with my soon to be sup and dm, than if you are the best candidate they will call you and offer you a job. locating is fun, just take you time and DO NOT LET THEM PUSH YOU. learn it right first, then you will learn your way from there. the hardest thing about this job is coping with the bull that goes on here, you will see that in about 6 months or so, then you will be a frequent visitor here.
    Ya Same Here Actually The Fastest Job Ive Ever Been Hired Through. Remeber This If You Get The Job Remember Everything They Tell You About Your Raises I Mean Put That Shit On A Calendar. Because They Will Forget. And Locating Is Fun The Training Part Is The Easiest Part You Will Have During This Job, Because After Then Its GO GO GO GO......After That Really Depends On Your Sup A Good Sup Will Let You Have A Mentor That Wants To Help You.. A Bad Sup Will Stick You With The Laziest Temp Sup Who All They Use You For Is To Help Make There Day Eaziest As Possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4jw87 View Post

Thank you for the response, I'm sure that this site will become a ventilation source for me once I have more experience in the field.

This site is definitely book marked on my computer.
    Last edited by royalflush; June 19th, 2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Left something out

in the meantime, always look into another career, or atleast another company

Although this is a small pay increase for me, I believe that this will be a good fit for me as well. My wife and I believe that we will work hard and save now, and play harder later. So the working long hours does not affect us.

Its all for a good cause

Quote Originally Posted by royalflush View Post
    Although this is a small pay increase for me, I believe that this will be a good fit for me as well. My wife and I believe that we will work hard and save now, and play harder later. So the working long hours does not affect us.

Its all for a good cause
    Well if you don't care how much you work it isnt that bad of a job. Just take your time and stay damage free.

Years of Experience

It's become a very tedious process, though some newer techs I've talked to have said they got through relatively quickly, though it still took a couple weeks. It used to be as simple as stopping by the office and filling out an appication and maybe a follow up phone call for an interview. Now there are a lot of hoops to jump through, even if you're a referral. The funny part, as least to me, is that they've got this third party that does the hiring process and it's supposed to help sort out all of the riff raff but it still doesn't work. People get in the field, learn about the bullsh*t, and decide $14/hour isn't worth it. The sad part is that my past few referrals haven't been able to make it through the newer hiring process despite the fact that they'd be great at this job, which sucks because the guys I refer typically stick around, too. Three of my referrals have become supervisors. One is currently a DM.

My advice should you make it into USIC? Try to stay as naive to as much as possible for as long as possible.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    It's become a very tedious process, though some newer techs I've talked to have said they got through relatively quickly, though it still took a couple weeks. It used to be as simple as stopping by the office and filling out an appication and maybe a follow up phone call for an interview. Now there are a lot of hoops to jump through, even if you're a referral. The funny part, as least to me, is that they've got this third party that does the hiring process and it's supposed to help sort out all of the riff raff but it still doesn't work. People get in the field, learn about the bullsh*t, and decide $14/hour isn't worth it. The sad part is that my past few referrals haven't been able to make it through the newer hiring process despite the fact that they'd be great at this job, which sucks because the guys I refer typically stick around, too. Three of my referrals have become supervisors. One is currently a DM.

My advice should you make it into USIC? Try to stay as naive to as much as possible for as long as possible.
    Thanks for the advice, I believe that every company has problems some where within the organization. However since I wasn't hired as a consultant I choose to mind my business and do the job that I was hired for. Because at the end of the day with me there or not the company will continue to function. The second I quit there's another applicant applying or training for my position.

my motto is "life sucks so grab a straw"

Under new training program, training will be for a month. 40hrs/wk. You will have 3 chances to pass each test. (average of 2 tests per week or more). If you do fail a test, you will take the retest either the next day, or whith the next scheduled test. Depending on your sup and DM, you may only be able to get 40hrs/wk in for first few weeks, then most likely 10hr manditory days if ticket loads are still pretty high after training. thehellwithit is correct about the time when it comes to get your raise. I had to remind my sup for 3 weeks about my last raise, even then he didn't put it through, so I had to email and call DM about it. Just take your time, the only important locate is the locate you are on.

Quote Originally Posted by HPMadness View Post
    Under new training program, training will be for a month. 40hrs/wk. You will have 3 chances to pass each test. (average of 2 tests per week or more). If you do fail a test, you will take the retest either the next day, or whith the next scheduled test. Depending on your sup and DM, you may only be able to get 40hrs/wk in for first few weeks, then most likely 10hr manditory days if ticket loads are still pretty high after training. thehellwithit is correct about the time when it comes to get your raise. I had to remind my sup for 3 weeks about my last raise, even then he didn't put it through, so I had to email and call DM about it. Just take your time, the only important locate is the locate you are on.

Thank you for the advice I'm still waiting to hear the next step

Proably Still @ Work Cause You Cant Get Home

Quote Originally Posted by HPMadness View Post

ya dont ask your sup about your raises because he will just keep telling you something about how the dm isnt in the office. I know where im @ we have an open door policy so after 2 months of me asking my sup about when my raise kicked in and he just kept beating around the bush about it. So i called my Dm he gave it to me and some back pay. And ya i was told that the ticket you are on is the most important we dont expect a whole lot from you until your year is in.. Well my year was 8 months ago and they for my year evaluation they told me i didnt do enough production for my raise so i took it as well really i dont know how to take it..

they make ky for that

Years of Experience

Any body know what usic looks for on a background check I'm going thru the process now I have aggravated menacing and a disorderly conduct from 2012
    yahoo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast