Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: USIC EMO district

Default USIC EMO district

I finally left this dump. Here is the email I sent on my way out. This stuff just had to be said.

Colleagues,

There has been some things on my mind that I feel more than obligated to share. First of all, I have accepted an upper level management position at a corporation outside of USIC. That in and of itself is what has given me the final push to share my thoughts as I resign my employment here at USIC. I am not a gossiper or a dramatic person. I will always call a spade a spade despite the consequences, but for some reason, I have held back in sharing my thoghts until now. I will address the district management as a whole as well as individuals. Here goes:

USIC Company and EMO District Management:

You have been little more than a thorn in the side of the very force that drives your business forward. Your technicians, NOT your managers, are what keeps the company pushing forward. They are what keeps it competitive and profitable in this market. The lack in care you show your employees is, to say the least, disappointing. You treat your employees as if they should be thanking you for letting them come in each day. You treat them as if you own them and do your best to, in my opinion, make them drones that will be there at your every beck and call. You have stripped away nearly every perk of this job, added exponentially more work to each employees load, and have neglected to fairly compensate your employees for this added workload. Concerns and Complaints more often than not fall on deaf ears, never to be addressed or remedied. Rather than valuing your employees, you treat them as expendable & replaceable. This is the very reason that your employees in turn treat this job the same way. You want techs to give 110%, yet you invest no where near that into them. You are an extremely reactive company where you should be proactive. I have seen through many districts, issues that have been brought to light long before they were major problems, but only got addressed when it was too late. You create unachievable policies & expectations for your employees. As long as there are no problems or complaints, you allow your employees to do things how they have to be done to get the job done, but when a problem arises, you are far to quick to point fingers and degrade your employees for not doing things "by the book". I would suggest creating more acheivable expectations, to allow employees to do things by your book rather than just using your policies as a fall back plan to put blame on your technicians when somethign goes wrong. When a crews production, efficency or quality take a hit, it isn't necessarily the technicians fault. The responsibility should fall on the manager of that crew. If is one thing to have a "problem employee" but it is a far different issue when your whole crew is failing. At that point, it is an issue YOU are causing, not them.

I find myself constantly getting dizzy with this company on account of the constant changes. This week we do this, next week we do that. One year, you say no more raises or bonuses ever, The next year you are giving bonuses but no raises and the next year you are again giving raises. The constant changes in policies and compensation is a sign of weakness. It sends the message that management is lost and struggling to do well. I wonder how many senior techs (techs with more than 5 years experience) we have lost in the last 10 years. Who can blame them. After giving this company a shot for so long, a level minded person will generally decide they want to abandon such an unstablel environment. I very much recommend you take a long look at your operations & policies and make the changes necessary before you make things any worse.

(this part has been edited out... I'll explain why at the end of this thread... Thecablevine)

Technicians:

Im sure 90% of you know that everything I've said here is real and Im sure any of you that have been here for any length of time know that in order to refute what I have said, USIC will generally do 1 of 3 things:

1. Act like the email was never sent and ignore it

2. Call into question my work ethic or integrity while pointing out everything they can about be to convince you to dismiss me as crazy

3. Tell you how good the company is doing and about how sucessful we are with these "amazing" changes we have made.

You all are smarter than that and you know the truth. If you get a chance, ask your supervisor & DM why they feel its right to draw monthly bonuses on the work YOU do, while you fight to get any kind of fair compensation and why the company tell you are they are hurting and low on funds yet still the EXECS are taking million in bonuses each year. Think about it. You Guys & Gals ROCK!

Smiling,

Chad Dake
    Last edited by TheCableVine; August 14th, 2014 at 09:25 PM.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: USIC EMO district

Lets focus on the positive, USIC makes UtiliQuest seem like a good place to work.
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience

I'm currently employed by a subsidiary of Utiliquest and was with SM&P/CLS/USIC for several years. I can honestly say I'd prefer working for a Utiliquest subsidiaryover USIC any day.
    daman1 likes this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    Lets focus on the positive, USIC makes UtiliQuest seem like a good place to work.

I seem to recall this famous PL quote....

" Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator

"I also do not want to work, rather live on a beach somewhere ......... I did get some feelers from Utiliquest and would make more money per hour but I would rather slam by dick in the truck door than work there. "

That's friggin harsh!! I'm curious what you would rather do than work for USIC..........
    Last edited by daman1; August 14th, 2014 at 09:08 PM.
    yahoo, Wingfoot, UULC and 1 others like this.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I got an e-mail... well two e-mails about this thread from one of the people mentioned in the thread. So, I thought I'd give it a lookin' into.

Here's what I see. A person who didn't like where they worked (which is fine) and decided to leave their job (which I completely support). THEN, they thought they would get some kind of revenge on the people he didn't like by mentioning them by name on a publicly accessible forum. That is not fine.

Ask yourself. Would John Wayne have done such a thing? I don't think so. John Wayne had class. Getting in your shots from the safety of your home is not classy. You should really do this kind of thing face-to-face.

Another thing. When you come on here and your first post is to attack someone or the company you work/worked for shows you may have some issues. I'll amend this last statement. Mentioning problems with the company is not a problem. Mentioning people by name is a problem unless they are what is considered a public figure. Presidents of companies fall under that category.

If you wish to attack somebody on here at lease have a few (40-50) reputable posts under your belt first. Otherwise, don't use my forum to hide behind while you get your revenge.
    Last edited by TheCableVine; August 14th, 2014 at 09:46 PM.
    daman1 and Conundrum like this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Okay... I wasn't entirely sure if I should have said that the poster had an issue by posting this as his first post, but I went with it.

Well, the poster also posted the same thing in the Welcome Wagon forum (which I deleted as a double post )AND he posted it as a blog entry as well. (again, deleted as a double post)

I think I did the right thing.
    yahoo, UULC, Mark and 1 others like this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    I seem to recall this famous PL quote....

That's friggin harsh!! I'm curious what you would rather do than work for USIC..........
    Well mine is now crooked and short from that door, so I'd rather slam your dick in a truck door.
    learned not to slam mine own in there the first time!
    Wingfoot, yahoo and UULC like this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    Well mine is now crooked and short from that door, so I'd rather slam your dick in a truck door.
    learned not to slam mine own in there the first time!
    PL, I went ahead and tried it. I must say it wasn't as bad as I feared. Didn't hurt much at all. Now the truck door doesn't latch right and there's an air leak, though. Guess I shouldn't have been checking out Wingfoot's "Savor the Moment" thread before doing it. Live and learn.
    UULC, Wingfoot, Kramit69 and 1 others like this.

Years of Experience

I walked out on them after 11 years... that's all I'm gonna say about it.

Years of Experience

Going into my 17th year with them. Feel like I'm stuck here now. Just come in, do my job and go home. Don't care about all the other crap anymore. Nothing I can do about it.
    yahoo and Wingfoot like this.

Years of Experience

Dirt fisher wasn't a supervisor, was he? Why would dirt fisher now have to use a metal detector? Maybe to find some valves?

... And Superman sounds pretty Emo himself... I hope this man doesn't wear grey t shirts and bright orange (white) sneakers while he's waving his metrotech around.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoythefall View Post
    Dirt fisher wasn't a supervisor, was he? Why would dirt fisher now have to use a metal detector? Maybe to find some valves?

... And Superman sounds pretty Emo himself... I hope this man doesn't wear grey t shirts and bright orange (white) sneakers while he's waving his metrotech around.
    I'm no where near Missouri. Don't use a Metroshit either.
    Mark likes this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by superman View Post
    Don't use a Metroshit either.
    Metroshit ?!? You did NOT just say Metroshit !!

You have made a very powerless enemy today, son of Jor El ..........
    Mke and yahoo like this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    Metroshit ?!? You did NOT just say Metroshit !!

You have made a very powerless enemy today, son of Jor El ..........
    Just kidding. Everybody has their own preference. I know a dude that wont use anything but a Dynatell 2250. Not sure if that's spelled right.
    daman1 likes this.

Years of Experience
    none
    Blog Entries

Oh Chad Please tell me you didn't leave this email and accepted an upper level management position with SOL?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast