Thread: USIC Downsizing

Default USIC Downsizing

So far here in N Texas we have lost our Dispatch Staff, 2 Human Resource employees, our 2 Supervisors over supplies, vehicles and computers, and 1 DM. I was wondering if this was happening elsewhere.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Default Re: USIC Downsizing

Not sure, but some areas have been running thin for years. One trainer for the state, one Operations manager for the state, two DM's for the state and one HR rep for the state. It doesn't get much thinner than that. I am not sure of our current dispatch staff.

Years of Experience

Hurricane we don't have dispatch anymore. All dispatch is done through corporate.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy View Post
    Hurricane we don't have dispatch anymore. All dispatch is done through corporate.
    Wow. I guess that answers that. I knew after hours was done like that, but didn't hear anything about the local staff. I guess it's a sign of the times.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    So far here in N Texas we have lost our Dispatch Staff, 2 Human Resource employees, our 2 Supervisors over supplies, vehicles and computers, and 1 DM. I was wondering if this was happening elsewhere.

See what milking the clock does???

Your office staff should be the following:
    1 DM
    1 Ops Coordinator
    1 Claims Coordinator
    1 Trainer

No office staff

Also. there will be more management reductions. Unless there was a large loss of locators, get used to your current staffing levels, and less ot.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    Your office staff should be the following:
    1 DM
    1 Ops Coordinator
    1 Claims Coordinator
    1 Trainer

No office staff

Also. there will be more management reductions. Unless there was a large loss of locators, get used to your current staffing levels, and less ot.
    Then why do we have such a big office? We have huge areas in the office with no furniture in them. Probably 600 square feet worth!!!!!
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by beyond help View Post
    I think you're wrong. Come March, when the weather breaks and dig season opens up, we'll enter in understaffed and be urged to do our tickets "efficiently". At least out here I think we'll have more than enough work to justify working excessive amounts of overtime. It's just a hunch, but I don't expect ot to dip.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    I think you're wrong. Come March, when the weather breaks and dig season opens up, we'll enter in understaffed and be urged to do our tickets "efficiently". At least out here I think we'll have more than enough work to justify working excessive amounts of overtime. It's just a hunch, but I don't expect ot to dip.
    True dat.We already have a few crews being run on the " move the locators around daily micromanagement platform" here in northern IL. The guys from CLS say that was a carryover from their playbook. I don't have the time or the space to go into how the SM&P guys feel about it. I think we're going to move into the "profitability" portion of our program in 2009. And since we burn through locators like cordwood in these parts, that means plenty of OT for the ones still here....

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post

I must agree. For those of us working in seasonal states we will never be overstaffed in the spring/fall time. Overtime will be everywhere just like every year in the past. There is no way to staff for the busy months in these cold weather states. Each year I've gotten more and more overtime since I've been in the business...I think this next dig season will be the same.

There is that word...effiecientcy. Do more in less time. Need I say more. Last year was get the quality ratio up and improve cotp so they can say, hey this was your ratio/cotp last year, what happened?
    These are just the feeling that I'm getting around here. nothing more.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

We are still being required to work week-ends and our Sup now sends out a " Daily Plan" showing us our production goals for the day. Without making a big to-do about it they quietly set our goals at 5-10% above what the actuals were last year. I'm sure at some time in the future they will start pushing for this goal.

I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.