Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yahoo

Thread: Usic background check question

Years of Experience

Default Usic background check question

I recently applied for a job at Usic I did the interview in person did the ride along and am suppose to start training March 23. My question is I have no felonies but I have to misdemeanors on my record one aggravated menacing and one disorderly conduct will they pull the employment from me thanks

Years of Experience

Default Re: Usic background check question

NOT A CHANCE !!!!!! you have nothing to worry about !
    daman1 likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Ok awesome thank you

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

The EOC, Equal Opportunity Commission, made regulations about 6 or so years ago that prohibits the blanket denial of denying a job because of past convictions.

There are some conditions, including felonies, where past convictions cannot be used to deny employment.

One consideration is how long ago it was, if years ago like say 10 or 20 conviction cannot be used to deny employment.

The other is type of offense and how it relates to the job. Embezzlement and you can't get a job handling money in a bank but this cannot be used to deny you being a locator.

There have been court cases and the people denied jobs have gotten very hefty settlements awarded by the court. The EOC takes this issue very seriously.

I tried to send this information up the "chain of command" by email and it was returned by the server as "banned content". Turns out the EOC website and even that agencies name were not permitted to be sent by company email. The odd thing is I am management trying to email someone in the company who is also management. Since someone banned this type of information that was the end of that for me.

Years of Experience

What is looked at in the background check process and are felonies over 7 years looked past or is Usic strict about that