Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Usic

CPD
    Years of Experience

Default Re: Usic

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    Did they offer good pay & benefits plus hiring bonuses? If they didn't then they are not serious.
    I heard they are paying about $15.00 to $26.00 hr based on experience. There is no hiring bonuses that I know of. One guy I talked to worked for USIC for about 18 months has no experience with PGL but did locate Nicor gas in the suburbs, HBK started him at $20.00 hr. To remind you the suburbs of Chicago Nicor gas is high pressure with PGL is all low pressure - cast iron mains inside the city which you have to locate it off measurements and this locator is having a hard time with. Another guy they hired on had no experience whatsoever he said hbk started him out at $17.00 hr... his previous jobs was Starbucks and Subway. hmm...wonder if I can get a discount at Subway.
    Last edited by CPD; February 7th, 2019 at 12:26 AM.
    yahoo likes this.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by CPD View Post
    I heard they are paying about $15.00 to $26.00 hr based on experience. There is no hiring bonuses that I know of. One guy I talked to worked for USIC for about 18 months has no experience with PGL but did locate Nicor gas in the suburbs, HBK started him at $20.00 hr. To remind you the suburbs of Chicago Nicor gas is high pressure with PGL is all low pressure - cast iron mains inside the city which you have to locate it off measurements and this locator is having a hard time with. Another guy they hired on had no experience whatsoever he said hbk started him out at $17.00 hr... his previous jobs was Starbucks and Subway. hmm...wonder if I can get a discount at Subway.
    At least they are paying few bucks. S&N had a policy that if you quit and worked for another locate firm you could not be hired back. When they started up in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia they did convince at least a dozen USIC locators to work for them. But they promised these locators that after a short while they would all be paid a higher hourly rate. Little did these USIC guys know that S&N did not give raises. Really raises were extremely rare. There were people there without raises in the construction department for 10 years. All the former USIC guys walked into the office at the same time and quit because USIC was smart enough to accept them all back.

CPD
    Years of Experience

I know guys in Illinois that quit USIC went to work for a different locating company (G4S) and came back to USIC. At that time USIC needed all of the experience locators they could find. They even hired guys back that they fired.

CPD
    Years of Experience

Years of Experience

wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

So as far as I can see they are staffed about the same as USIC. way too many tickets way too few locators.

Years of Experience

that is what I am seeing too . when will these companies learn ??????????????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    17 years

Last edited by daman1; February 8th, 2019 at 12:07 AM.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by CPD View Post
    Thats a very old link. I was at SMP ten years ago when USIC swallowed them up.
    The phone number and website redirect to USIC.
    I don't believe SMP exists anymore.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    I agree !!

CPD
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    One of the Owners/Brothers are doing private locates using SMP. That's what I was told about 5years ago.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345