Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Union

Default Re: Union

"There has to be away to get USIC to go union. USIC has of last week rasie the Insurnce rates for thier empolyees to almost double for the 2012 year. It seems like every seven years this company sells out and the same people or person buys the same company over and over again. Need help how to get USIC to go union. "

You can get some help going union at USIC by calling Dave Webster at 630 222-9121 if you are in Illinois or NW Indiana (Lake & Porter Counties).
    Call Today!

Years of Experience

Well, just maybe give it some thought....

Quote Originally Posted by yeswecan21 View Post
    "There has to be away to get USIC to go union. USIC has of last week rasie the Insurnce rates for thier empolyees to almost double for the 2012 year. It seems like every seven years this company sells out and the same people or person buys the same company over and over again. Need help how to get USIC to go union. "

You can get some help going union at USIC by calling Dave Webster at 630 222-9121 if you are in Illinois or NW Indiana (Lake & Porter Counties).
    Call Today!

could not get ahold of mike green today, any other options?

Years of Experience

Fill this out it works anywhere in the U S http://www.ibew.org/ContactForm/

Banned

If you are not a employee of USIC as a Locator you should keep your comments to yourself. Go USIC brotherhood of Locators!!!! We support you!!!

USIC in Chicagoland is planing to lay off 1/3 of their empoyees over the winter months and will not bring them back, like C.U.S did in the winter months. USIC is at this time is tranning new techs. For the year of 2012 dig seanson. Thats all the reason for the locators to go Union.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cant Locate Shit / USIC View Post
    USIC in Chicagoland is planing to lay off 1/3 of their empoyees over the winter months and will not bring them back, like C.U.S did in the winter months. USIC is at this time is tranning new techs. For the year of 2012 dig seanson. Thats all the reason for the locators to go Union.
    Oh Lord Jesus! Let it be me that gets laid off from this EVIL company AMEN

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Locatingart View Post
    If you are not a employee of USIC as a Locator you should keep your comments to yourself. Go USIC brotherhood of Locators!!!! We support you!!!
    If you are a member of this board and have an opinion, feel free to say whatever you want about any posting on here. THAT'S WHY THIS BOARD IS HERE.

Don't tell people to keep their comments to themselves. If you want to use this board to recruit people into the Union so you can collect your precious Union dues, then YOU need to keep those kinds of comments to YOURSELF. Otherwise, I'll shut it down and if you want to continue, then you'll pay comparable advertising rates that other utility based websites charge. I'm selective about who I let advertise their wares/services for free. You guys are at the bottom of my list.

So, if you are not an employee of USIC and have something to say, then say what you want.

One of the first rules in winning an argument is to control the conversation. When Locatingart is telling you to keep your comments to yourself, then he is trying to control the conversation. He doesn't have that luxury here.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Locatingart View Post
    I spent two years working for USIC, and who the hell are you to tell anyone here what to do? last time I checked Steve owns this forum, and makes the rules.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post

I was with a company that the workers were trying to unionize. The owner of the company laid it out perfectly. He stated... "I have no problems with the idea of you guys unionizing and getting better wages and benefits. Just know that I bid this contract on the terms that you were hired on, and if the union demands me to pay more, I will oblige. Unfortunately the contract will become non-profitable and I will refuse to re-bid come next negotiations which are in 6mo. Upon that time it will go out to bid again, and my competitor will get the contract. I will gladly offer you guys a job in areas we have contracts now, but the closest one is 3hrs away. "

That was strait from the boss, and don't think any other company would look at it differently.

All I'm saying is tread carefully.

Mke
    That was illegal under labor law.

To threaten loss of employment for organizing a union results in a hefty fine. Saying they will close that office if it unionizes, citing profitability or anything else, or that their clients will cancel their contracts if they form a union is strictly prohibited. Also I believe the NLRB can at that point come in and conduct a unionization vote.

We as employees, either exempt or non-exempt, have a lot of prohibitions on what we can say.

Banned

Good news people are calling IBEW Local 21 to find out how we can protect are jobs and families. Are Sup group is meeting with a Union Rep next week. We are pumped!! If you have not called, Do it today. Join us in the fight!!!

Banned

I.B.E.W. Local Union 21
    1307 Butterfield Rd., Suite 422
    Downers Grove, Illinois 60515
    (630) 960-4466
    (630) 960-9607 fax

For loactors wanting to organize in Indiana email at cinunionusic@yahoo.com or contact local ibew rep/organizer at 219 204 1560 his name is Mike Green. We are working on getting a meeting setup. Everyone can remain anonymous through the email, this is my email account that I had made today, or you can speak directly to Mike. We need 51% of a district, but having the whole state is that much better. We have our neighbors in IL working on it right now, maybe we can both work together and get something done.

Banned

Welcome to the fight Mike Green We need to put USIC up againest the Ropes !!!

Banned

KEVIN PETERSON
    IBEW LOCAL UNION 160
    2909 ANTHONY LANE
    ST. ANTHONY, MINNESOTA 55418
    (612) 781-3126 O
    (612) 387-0857 C
    kjp@ibew160.org

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast