Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ProfessionalLocator

Thread: Transmitter tool bag loadout

Years of Experience
    -1 year

Default Transmitter tool bag loadout

Hey everyone, im new on this site as well as being a locater. I just wanted to see what you guys carried in your transmitter bags as far as tools and equipment to help the job go smoother or for emergencys. Thanks.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default Re: Transmitter tool bag loadout

Quote Originally Posted by LocatinOkie View Post
    Hey everyone, im new on this site as well as being a locater. I just wanted to see what you guys carried in your transmitter bags as far as tools and equipment to help the job go smoother or for emergencys. Thanks.
    Hammer to pound in ground spike and to knock manhole covers loose. A couple of 10" decking nails for ground rods. Flashlight. Pliers, wire cutters. Nut drivers for working in and opening pedestals. Knife for general use and scraping paint to make ground connection. Garden trowel for digging up ground wires and peds. I carry in a five gallon plastic bucket with a 'saddle' insert that has pockets for individual items. Some of these things like extra batteries for everything in vehicle, insect repellent, wasp spray. Machete. Pry bar.

Also in vehicle keep drinks and food as you get out nights on call and no place to get meal. Extra socks, hat, gloves and old pair of boots to change into when these get wet, they will. Rain gear. In case of getting stuck outside overnight in a broken down POS company vehicle a blanket, also in case of heavy snowfall and you are stranded in car, been there. Things to keep vehicle going like air pump for tires, tow strap ( you will get stuck and need to get pulled out), portable jumper battery, two to five gallon can of gas. Yes extra gas as at 3AM oncall you may be miles from any gas station. Road flares. Small shovel.
    LocatinOkie likes this.

Years of Experience
    -1 year

Default Re: Transmitter tool bag loadout

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    Hammer to pound in ground spike and to knock manhole covers loose. A couple of 10" decking nails for ground rods. Flashlight. Pliers, wire cutters. Nut drivers for working in and opening pedestals. Knife for general use and scraping paint to make ground connection. Garden trowel for digging up ground wires and peds. I carry in a five gallon plastic bucket with a 'saddle' insert that has pockets for individual items. Some of these things like extra batteries for everything in vehicle, insect repellent, wasp spray. Machete. Pry bar.

Also in vehicle keep drinks and food as you get out nights on call and no place to get meal. Extra socks, hat, gloves and old pair of boots to change into when these get wet, they will. Rain gear. In case of getting stuck outside overnight in a broken down POS company vehicle a blanket, also in case of heavy snowfall and you are stranded in car, been there. Things to keep vehicle going like air pump for tires, tow strap ( you will get stuck and need to get pulled out), portable jumper battery, two to five gallon can of gas. Yes extra gas as at 3AM oncall you may be miles from any gas station. Road flares. Small shovel.
    Ok thanks for all the good info. I will add some of that stuff to my inventory, probably will come in handy.