Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

  1. #1
    Senior Member USIC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Md. Va. Wv.
    Posts
    1,802
    Years of Experience
    na
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    While we consider our independence and influences around the world let us not forget who we are as a nation, and what we did to get here...

    If anyone needs reminded, here is the link-

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_of_Tears


    I have been noticing a great deal of righteous commenting and felt the record needed to be made straight...

    So stonecasters be aware of the facts...

    Have a good 4th but never forget ALL of the history...


  2. #2
    Senior Member RD_Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    U S A
    Posts
    669
    Years of Experience
    10
    Rep Power
    38

    Default Re: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    As a card-carrying individual of Chiricaua (Apache) decent, I feel obligated to respond to this. Brace yourselves for a long one guys.



    You're right, let's not forget ALL of history. View it all in total context, before you begin feeling all self-righteous.

    The Native peoples of Mongloid decent (Native Americans, American Indians, whatever the popular name is today) that inhabited the lands of North and South America, prior to the arrival of Anglos from Europe, were far from the "noble savages" they are popularly portrayed as today. In fact the so-called attrocities Europeans "inflicted" upon them, paled in comparison to what members of competing tribes did to each other for thousands of years before the first white-eye landed on American soil.

    Competing tribes regularly practiced gruesome warfare tactics in the process of territory expansion or relocation to richer hunting lands. Child abduction, slavery, torture (NASTY stuff at that), and out-and-out genocide being common practices. Stronger tribes would more often than not slaughter the men (any male over 12 that is) and the elderly women as well, enslave the women, and "adopt" the young children. If this wasn't possible, another popular tactic was to kill all the male hunters in the fall, allowing the rest of the tribe to starve to death in the winter, PRESTO!, no competition for land or hunting come spring.

    Frankly, with the constant migration, infiltration, absorbtion, and relocation, few tribes occupied the same lands for more than 2 or 3 generations. There are exceptions, the Azteca, Maya, Anastasi, Inca, etc. created empires that lasted for hundreds and even thousands of years. But again, this is due mainly to strength and the intimidation through fear and warfare of neighboring cultures. It was a bloody world indeed.

    So, before you point at the "barbarism" inflicted upon the natives in the conquest of the Americas, be aware that the Anglos did NOTHING to the American Indian that they hadn't been doing to each other for millinia, or that any other more powerful culture in the world hasn't done, throughout history, for that matter (Byzantium, Rome, China, you name it).

    Actually, with the land allotments, tax breaks, financial aid, free housing, etc., the US has done MORE for those they conquered than any other in history.

    To be blunt, you should know what the hell you're talking about before trying, in your obtuse way, to degrade the celebration of our Nations' founding. Most of us of native decent are extremely proud US citizens, and frankly resent like hell ill-informed tree-hugging Anglos trying to portray us as the down-trodden and weak victims.

    I'm proud of both my Native and Anglo ancestors, particularly those who founded the Great Republic of the U S of A. Sadly, we have a load of limp-wrists, intent upon destroying it all to provide for the weak-willed and low of character. Of course that accounts for most of our population now, so it all makes sense. Perhaps it's time for the strong to go on the warpath again...anyone want dibs on USIC's scalp? *evil grin*

    Happy 4th of July folks!

    Long live the Republic, and God Bless the USA!
    Last edited by RD_Wrangler; July 3rd, 2009 at 05:23 PM.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

    "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

    Per Scientiam Vires!

  3. #3
    Banned advanceMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    194
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    Injin huh? We keep em' liquored up here.

    ahh Americans, as you celebrate you independance day,( the boston tea party being the biggest tantrum on record) let us a take a moment to reflect on what it is to be "American". Absolutely nothing just like being Canadian.
    (except we're better than you) Be it your "assimilation pot" model, or our "cultural mosaic", anyone can be american or Canadian like asians, blacks, jews, fins, russians, .........so what does it really mean then and how much value can you really put on it. None. You people are so full of your own bullshit, you don't even realize or care about the way the rest ofthe world sees you, let alone your white cousins next door. Of all the descendants of the British empire, your society is easily, whileadvanced, the most backward.

    All that technological knowledge put to work furthering your own backwardsness. an example can be found right here on the vine with the "ignore" feature so that you delicate americans don't have to read or hear anything that might upset your pansy little eyes and ears.

    What are you predominantly? If you're white, and claim to be of Mayflower descent, than really, you're the descendants of the puritans.....These people were the freaks of enlightened society at the time and the coming renaissance. the crazy bible wack jobs. They set sail for the new world so they could burn witches, make women wear the scarlet letter, and hold lotteries so they could crush poor Giles Corey to death with stones until he defiantly cried out with his last breath "More weight"

    Though many of you probably arrogantly liken your country to rome of old, you will not be remembered as a bastion of civilization, and more an oddity or anomaly at the end of the industrial and beginning of the technological revolution. I seriously doubt if your country still exists in 50 years, it will not be how you envision it. The world is sick of America. It had to happen. Barack knows it, he's a damage control president. You're like the big idiot no one really wants at the party but you can be useful. Seal up your borders, we don't care. even Dave 72 has to agree that there is a strong sentiment of protectionism in these parts also. We don't need you either, andin fact, most of us are tired with having to deal with you and our government capitulating to you. This will not last much longer. Economics and proximity define international relationships most certainly, but don't underestimate the forces of nationalism, you obviously know them too.
    Your country is not the place to be anymore like it was before, it sucks. Hollywood blows, and anyone can make it in the music industy on the net these days, and most of the huge stuff that comes out of your country is negro rap shit. Sure the weathers nice and the scenery, but the people... Soon planes will bypass your airspace so they don't have to deal with any hassle from you, just like all the other pariah countries in this world. Why do you revel in stupid?

    You brought 911 on yourselves, all that bullshit about protecting freedom is just that..bullshit. There was never any plan to bring down the west. Though they may not like or agree with the heathen countries, those ragheads weren't plotting war against you in the name of Allah...at the time now who knows. Some guys in some countries you were just using and had no real respect for, got pissed enough to do something about something, simple as that. Just as anyone here would if you started overstepping your bounds. This whole fighting for your freedom shit is such bullshit, and you dumb fu*ks just eat it up. Country full of idiots. But that must be just cableviners, cuz i know there's some "normal" people in the states too. Gotta be in California. YOU didn't LEARN ANYTHING.

    The states have produced some interesting cultural and historic curiosites and traditions. Barnum & Bailey,.. david Copperfield, george bush, you know, screwing you with subterfuge. if I wanted to find out as much as i could about other locating companies and the industy in general, for whatever devious or malevolent purpose, what better way to create a site on the web and trap locators like flies. i'd make a whole buch of characters, play them all myself with such wonderfully brainstormed name like ifinditunderground, spray and pray, mr 810, and of course a villain(til I came) or comic relief in youSickone.
    i would send my spider soldiers out on the fibre web to catch the flies inside the unsuspecting computers of lonely disenfranchised locators, companies, organizations. i've enjoyed being the villain, i know you've enjoyed it too. keep your spiders out of our server or we'll seek extradition.

    I know i picked on him alot, but that s not why i say this, but it's recently come to my attention that ifinditunderground is TRULY fu*ked

    These guys, even if they don't care for me are allright.

    MKE
    GP Grasshopper
    Headcipher
    AUPL


    UGQ- (you work for CLI don't you..I HATE them)

    AdvanceMan advancin' all over you

  4. #4
    Administrator TheCableVine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,943
    Years of Experience
    16
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    Whenever a foreigner says they are sick of America what they really mean is they are sick of eating our dust.

    Advanceman, your comments concerning The U.S.A. can't be taken seriously. Your rant is typical of know-nothing slackers who live indirectly off the successes, generosity, and initiative of the people of the United States of America.
    Mark likes this.

  5. #5
    Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    1,808
    Years of Experience
    20
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    93

    Default Re: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    Awwww, Advance, you flatter me. Someones just angry because I called him out for what he really is. A locator flunky who couldn't cut it, and now he digs ditches for a living.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia


  6. #6
    Senior Member Mr810's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Doing more with Less
    Posts
    142
    Years of Experience
    16 yrs
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    Awwww, Advance, you flatter me. Someones just angry because I called him out for what he really is. A locator flunky who couldn't cut it, and now he digs ditches for a living.
    you know he just kicks those ditches open w/ his kung pao chicken karate moves, but hey ifindit, its good to know that advanceman is just a ditch digger, but i'll bet he digs the ditches that all the women want, i even bet he digs those ditches w/ his axe (guitar), rippin out some heavy riffs

  7. #7
    Senior Member yahoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,908
    Years of Experience
    15
    Rep Power
    167

    Default Re: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post
    As a card-carrying individual of Chiricaua (Apache) decent, I feel obligated to respond to this. Brace yourselves for a long one guys.



    You're right, let's not forget ALL of history. View it all in total context, before you begin feeling all self-righteous.

    The Native peoples of Mongloid decent (Native Americans, American Indians, whatever the popular name is today) that inhabited the lands of North and South America, prior to the arrival of Anglos from Europe, were far from the "noble savages" they are popularly portrayed as today. In fact the so-called attrocities Europeans "inflicted" upon them, paled in comparison to what members of competing tribes did to each other for thousands of years before the first white-eye landed on American soil.

    Competing tribes regularly practiced gruesome warfare tactics in the process of territory expansion or relocation to richer hunting lands. Child abduction, slavery, torture (NASTY stuff at that), and out-and-out genocide being common practices. Stronger tribes would more often than not slaughter the men (any male over 12 that is) and the elderly women as well, enslave the women, and "adopt" the young children. If this wasn't possible, another popular tactic was to kill all the male hunters in the fall, allowing the rest of the tribe to starve to death in the winter, PRESTO!, no competition for land or hunting come spring.

    Frankly, with the constant migration, infiltration, absorbtion, and relocation, few tribes occupied the same lands for more than 2 or 3 generations. There are exceptions, the Azteca, Maya, Anastasi, Inca, etc. created empires that lasted for hundreds and even thousands of years. But again, this is due mainly to strength and the intimidation through fear and warfare of neighboring cultures. It was a bloody world indeed.

    So, before you point at the "barbarism" inflicted upon the natives in the conquest of the Americas, be aware that the Anglos did NOTHING to the American Indian that they hadn't been doing to each other for millinia, or that any other more powerful culture in the world hasn't done, throughout history, for that matter (Byzantium, Rome, China, you name it).

    Actually, with the land allotments, tax breaks, financial aid, free housing, etc., the US has done MORE for those they conquered than any other in history.

    To be blunt, you should know what the hell you're talking about before trying, in your obtuse way, to degrade the celebration of our Nations' founding. Most of us of native decent are extremely proud US citizens, and frankly resent like hell ill-informed tree-hugging Anglos trying to portray us as the down-trodden and weak victims.

    I'm proud of both my Native and Anglo ancestors, particularly those who founded the Great Republic of the U S of A. Sadly, we have a load of limp-wrists, intent upon destroying it all to provide for the weak-willed and low of character. Of course that accounts for most of our population now, so it all makes sense. Perhaps it's time for the strong to go on the warpath again...anyone want dibs on USIC's scalp? *evil grin*

    Happy 4th of July folks!

    Long live the Republic, and God Bless the USA!
    that was so well said......i'm getting kinda misty!!!! and for you USIC1don't go there again!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

  8. #8
    Senior Member NINJA's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    S.E. Florida
    Posts
    134
    Years of Experience
    20
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    wow, there seems to be alot of wish I were an american undertones in those statements advance. Listen I have a lot of relative's that live in canada and the one consences they all have is it is better to be AMERICAN then canadian. My other relatives in europe also say the same thing They love where they are living but would Bail in a heartbeat if they had the oppotunity to come to AMERICA. We are so bad that we have people jumping the boarders by the thousand's every month. Yes your right America Sucks so bad Please STAY THE F*@k OUT. We all know your sorry ass would be on the first plane over here if we would let you in. Wow Canada what the hell do you have to contribut to the world? What ? Not a damm thing worth mentioning. You guys have such a great country that your own people wanted to be disassociated themselves with you so bad they rather would be associated with the FRENCH W.T.F. Quebec? The french?? Advance you suck, Your posts, your attitude, your not a locator thats for sure. Such a small minded person . I kinda feel sorry for you. You probably still live with Mommy and Daddy in the basement of your little duplex. When I picture you I see Homer simpson. Dude are you married? is there a women on earth that would be dumb enough to actually hook up with you. alright lets face it we don't like you I'm sure you will loose all kinds of sleep over that fact. You tried to get a rise out of us, Well done you just did. God help you, if you were to ever be put in front of someone like me I would be happy to show you the darker side of the American male. We love our family, our God , Our guns and Our Country. You love You. Sorry..........
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

  9. #9
    Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    1,808
    Years of Experience
    20
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    93

    Default Re: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    LOL Love you Ninja......you are about 6 months late to the party. But hey, better late than never. Wow, Ninja likes everyone.....Advance, you must be a really bad person on the inside.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia


  10. #10
    Senior Member Mr810's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Doing more with Less
    Posts
    142
    Years of Experience
    16 yrs
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    damn, un-advance, you just got told off by ninja, thats pretty bad, like ifindit said, "ninja likes everybody" hell there really isnt anything left to say that ninja didnt already say, guess i can make more fun of your guitar skills,, lmao.. i actually said you have skills, opps... my bad, i bet you play a mean air guitar or hell maybe you think playin "rock band" and "guitar hero" is playing guitar, hell truth be told, you probably only how the play "smoke on the water" eh ... ya kno....

  11. #11
    Senior Member USIC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Md. Va. Wv.
    Posts
    1,802
    Years of Experience
    na
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RD_Wrangler View Post

    Of course that accounts for most of our population now, so it all makes sense.
    "so it all makes sense." !?!?!?!?!

    Please!!! NOT!!!!!!

    You would nt be ranting about what worrys you most over our present society, or the population, if you considered the "order of nature"... The native cultures who roamed nomadically if you choose, balanced that law intended or unintended regardless the technique... Look where modern day society is falling short??? YOU SAID IT!!!! bringing up meddling by preserving weakness, and in turn altering the laws of nature.. So now here we are, and the outcome is a lot bleaker... In previous centurys a balance of life existed in harmony with nature...Now, do to advancing to much technology to preserve and cater to an artificial environment, the planet is on track for a faster and more eminent demise...It most likely will occur sooner than if it had been left to the original inhabitants and their way of living...

    So everyone, let me question your better judgement- sparking that charcoal grill or cutting your grass, could mean one less inhabitant of our panet, and reduce the intended goal- more people...

    As for you Haggler, it was a valiant effort without the end to the means you
    avoided justifying...

    But I took care of it...here s the reference shttp://www.hasbro.com/playdoh/en_US/ society instilled into your assimilation on this type of issue...


    Last edited by USIC1; July 5th, 2009 at 12:57 AM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member USIC1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Md. Va. Wv.
    Posts
    1,802
    Years of Experience
    na
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    Quote Originally Posted by advanceMan View Post

    You brought 911 on yourselves, all that bullshit about protecting freedom is just that..bullshit. There was never any plan to bring down the west.
    It was revenge against BUSH and his father that we all had to pay for!!!



  13. #13
    Administrator TheCableVine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,943
    Years of Experience
    16
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    It was revenge against BUSH and his father that we all had to pay for!!!
    I don't have a coo coo clock... but I hear a coo coo bird somewhere.

    I always thought it was revenge against CLINTON. Wait no, it's revenge against all the mcdonalds that are popping up everywhere in the middle easst. Or, all the women who want equal rights. Hmm. The list could get pretty long. But, I think it all boils down to one thing: a group of people who don't like the modern world. I think the left would refer to them as regressives but oddly enough the left embraces these regressives known as radical islam. Why do they embrace regressives in a foreign land who attack our country? Maybe Michael Savage has it right: Liberalism is a mental disorder.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Dave72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    353
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    It was revenge against BUSH and his father that we all had to pay for!!!
    Those Saudi's probably figured it was a 'oh ya, watch this' kinda retribution.. little did they know that the Bush machine had bigger ears than they thought.
    Sadly, people had to die in the game (but dont they always..)
    (May you live in interesting times)

  15. #15
    Senior Member RD_Wrangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    U S A
    Posts
    669
    Years of Experience
    10
    Rep Power
    38

    Default Re: Trail of Tears-Independence Day ???

    Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    "so it all makes sense." !?!?!?!?!

    Please!!! NOT!!!!!!

    You would nt be ranting about what worrys you most over our present society, or the population, if you considered the "order of nature"... The native cultures who roamed nomadically if you choose, balanced that law intended or unintended regardless the technique... Look where modern day society is falling short??? YOU SAID IT!!!! bringing up meddling by preserving weakness, and in turn altering the laws of nature.. So now here we are, and the outcome is a lot bleaker... In previous centurys a balance of life existed in harmony with nature...Now, do to advancing to much technology to preserve and cater to an artificial environment, the planet is on track for a faster and more eminent demise...It most likely will occur sooner than if it had been left to the original inhabitants and their way of living...

    So everyone, let me question your better judgement- sparking that charcoal grill or cutting your grass, could mean one less inhabitant of our panet, and reduce the intended goal- more people...

    As for you Haggler, it was a valiant effort without the end to the means you
    avoided to justify...

    But I took care of it...here s the reference shttp://www.hasbro.com/playdoh/en_US/ society instilled into your assimilation on this type of issue...


    First, the planet isn't on a fast track to demise. The planet has survived far worse calamities than we are capable of inflicting. The human race may perish, but not the planet.

    Second, my post was intended to address your implication that the USA was founded upon the subjugation of innocent victims. Nothing more. Stick to the damn post topic, particularly when YOU started the thread. Start a new thread if you wish to address the effects of technology on the environment/our culture...preferably in Politics.

    Third, I never once stated I prefered today's culture over a more natural structure, quite the opposite is true. If anything, YOU have argued against a natural order of things. Allowing those with strength, ambition, and intellect to succeed and prosper without limit, how natural can you get? Darwin was right baby, only the FIT survive and prosper...the rest end up in sh*t-hole apartments, whining about how "unfair" it is.

    Finally, you of all people should be extremely grateful for our artificially engineered society. I have extreme doubts that you would last long at all in a nomadic tribal culture. Hunter-gatherer societies didn't tolerate weakness long. Only the strong, powerful, succesful, and down-right aggresive individuals made a place. You aren't that type. Without our "to much technology to preserve and cater to an artificial environment" the best you could hope for would be to be remembered as a scalp-trophy on a real man's lodge-pole. Even that isn't likely, as only respected opponents were honored.

    and just so you can try again...

    THIS ---> "As for you Haggler, it was a valiant effort without the end to the means you
    avoided to justify..."
    <--- made absolutely NO sense. Loser.
    Last edited by RD_Wrangler; July 5th, 2009 at 01:32 AM.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

    "Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

    Per Scientiam Vires!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •