Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tired of nothing getting better @ usic

Default tired of nothing getting better @ usic

i locate in pa and have been for some time. i have seen so many locators leave our district that we could start a new district with them. most of the people that leave are not worth having around any way but it sucks because the ticket load goes up and the on call time increases. the pay sucks. no bonus for us (union and all). a new district has formed in pa and those locators start out making more than most of us in the union district with years of experience do. as far as working for usic it maybe better in other states i don't know but here in pa things could be better.

Years of Experience

Default Re: tired of nothing getting better @ usic

Sounds about the same in illinois. Minus the union part.
    Not only am I oncall today and forced to be oncall tomorrow but I have to come in today and clean up all of Monday's tickets. Tickets that take 2 hours for single addresses. This year alone has been the worst and this month just left a sour/bad taste in my mouth. Not to mention just being sick of it all.
    I'm all out sh*ts to give anymore. Ran out this year. Goodluck buddy

Bad part about it is you are in a union state. Just goes to show that the union has no balls!

Years of Experience

hang in there buddy ! a better day is always right around the corner.......
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Quote Originally Posted by dead like me View Post
    i locate in pa and have been for some time. i have seen so many locators leave our district that we could start a new district with them. most of the people that leave are not worth having around any way but it sucks because the ticket load goes up and the on call time increases. the pay sucks. no bonus for us (union and all). a new district has formed in pa and those locators start out making more than most of us in the union district with years of experience do. as far as working for usic it maybe better in other states i don't know but here in pa things could be better.
    you know usic is the best

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC82 View Post
    Sounds about the same in illinois. Minus the union part.
    Not only am I oncall today and forced to be oncall tomorrow but I have to come in today and clean up all of Monday's tickets. Tickets that take 2 hours for single addresses. This year alone has been the worst and this month just left a sour/bad taste in my mouth. Not to mention just being sick of it all.
    I'm all out sh*ts to give anymore. Ran out this year. Goodluck buddy
    Yesterday on our sister site locatorjobs.com Premier posted for locators in ten counties in Illinois. That may be what you are looking for.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

They must of either retained of got the ameren Illinois utilities contract for zone I or III. I wonder if Vannguard did get zone II area? Someone asked in an earlier post, buton a different thread. If they get it will basically be between Peoria and Springfield.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    They must of either retained of got the ameren Illinois utilities contract for zone I or III. I wonder if Vannguard did get zone II area? Someone asked in an earlier post, buton a different thread. If they get it will basically be between Peoria and Springfield.
    I am not familiar with that area. The counties they are looking for locators to work are Clinton, Coles, Franklin, Jackson, Jefferson, Macon, Williamson, Madison and St, Clair counties. Which is nine counties not ten, I previously miscounted.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by dead like me View Post
    my wife just texted me , no she wasn't driving...lol ,she work for a dealer of heavy equipment .
    And told me USIC was there to locate a gas line for some construction near by . The locator told her that they have to move their equipment so he can do his job . Well I have been there many times and the equipment is parked about 15 feet apart and no where near any edge of the property,where any gas line is . I have seen a riser marker there and it is 10 feet off the road . And the equipment is still an additional 30 feet away . Do you all know of any reason for this ? I have thought about it and since they ain't locating the gas for my wife's place of work , then why is the locator making such demands . I dont want to just jump and call the locator an ass . But I can't think of why he made such a request. Input please.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Dragon, Unfortunately this happens quite a bit. Two things could be behind this request. No knowledge of the task at hand or no knowledge of the utility involved. I've had a few locators ask me to move parked cars in one of our parking lots..... guess what? That ain't going to happen. Its one thing if they are parked on top of an access point, but typically its a flexing of muscle by the locator. Wether he is an ass or not, this one instance doesn't help. He could be a noob and not thinking that the work is taking place in the street and not in the yard at the equipment lot. He just has an address and a genaric set of marking instructions.

Typically what I tell them when I get requested to move equipment....... Talk to the guys who called in the ticket. If they are going to work there they will have to move the equipment then. Schedule with them a better time to comeback and mark.

Mke

Years of Experience

Cool Re: tired of nothing getting better @ usic

Things getting better at USIC? All I can say to that is....

Quote Originally Posted by locator00566 View Post
    Bad part about it is you are in a union state. Just goes to show that the union has no balls!
    The Workers ARE the union, so what are you trying to say?

Years of Experience

My Supervisor was out in Southern Illinois this week speaking to people about coming on to Premier to work on the Ameran Contract. From what he said is that the guys that they met were all good guys. He didn't think the field was the problem.
    The management staff that Premier has set up to run the Ameran Contract are all very experienced and will definitely be helpful to you. i can tell you that Premier has treated me good and i like working here. I have volunteered to come out and help get the Contract started. Look forward to seeing some of you.

Years of Experience

I worked for usic for a few months that was more then I could handle. I quit, I have been locating 9 plus years, this was the worst company I ever worked for. They will tell you what you want to hear but there is no follow threw, and then when you approach them about it. They will say they never said that. Its a joke! The only way they keep contracts is to by the companies that have them. They have no trust in any of there employees.

Years of Experience

Again!!! Good Luck with that Ameren crap in Southern IL... (the former CIPS area)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast