Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tiger Not Out of The Woods

Years of Experience

Default Tiger Not Out of The Woods

Tiger Woods/Elin, Rachel Uchitel and National Enquirer all under pressure

(HMG) – In my gossip weather forecasting for the coming week, the pressure is building on Tiger Woods and Wife Elin Nordegren, who have avoided speaking to state troopers for a second day and the media too, seemingly giving them time to get their stories straight and put on a united front. But I think there is a second perhaps as big a storm front building over the National Enquirer who broke the original affair story. The New York socialite accused of having an affair with Tiger Woods’ has denied reports of having an affair with the worlds number one golfer with the until now pristine reputation.

Rachel Uchitel

It seems pretty apparent that Woods had a heated argument with wife Elin who may have become violent over reports of romance with Rachel Uchitel, 34, seconds before the car crash outside his mansion in Florida. But divorcee Uchitel, under pressure herself for her role in the scandal, has denied the allegations, describing the cheating rumors as “totally untrue.” Meanwhile, according to TMZ, Uchitel has lawyered up with Gloria Allred at her office — and quickly received a return call. Allred has represented parties in various high-profile cases; like Paula Jones in the sexual harassment case against former U.S. president Bill Clinton. Allred also represented Nicole Brown Simpson’s family during the O. J. Simpson murder trial. With Tiger and Elin looking to put up the united front and Uchitel bringing in her lawyer Allred, it looks like the National Enquirer is going to be facing two huge lawsuits.

The Enquirer is already making their case here, perhaps to sway public opinion that could easily turn on them. We’ve already reported, via TMZ, that Uchitel’s two friends were the main sources for the tabloids story and were allegedly paid +/- $20,000 each to spill the beans. The Enquirer insists that Uchitel has been accused of dating married celebrities before, as in David Boreanaz. Uchitel has reportedly been telling friends about a jet-set liaison with 33-year-old Tiger that began in June. This includes witnessed phone calls and “sexting.” The tabloid says they had multiple sources, verified with polygraphs, but they seem to be leaning a lot on an on-the-record exclusive interview with one of Rachel’s friends, Ashley Samson. Uchitel is now claiming she hardly knows Ashley. But the Enquirer has pictures of the two partying in Spain. Ashley is the one who told the Enquirer how Rachel first met Tiger. In any case, I think the Enquirer is gonna get sued; unless

1), Uchitel decides she can make more money writing a book or giving her story to someone for big bucks; assuming she really did have the affair. Or

2), the united front between Tiger and Elin, breaks down.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Wingfoot; December 1st, 2009 at 06:48 PM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Tiger Not Out of The Woods

Jaimee Grubbs, 24, who says she was 21 when she first hooked up with Woods in April 2007,
    is expected to dish the details in an upcoming US Weekly report, TMZ.com reported Tuesday.

Florida cops cited Tiger Woods careless driving Tuesday, but that's the least of his problems.

Now a Los Angeles cocktail waitress is claiming she and the world's top golfer carried on a torrid 31-month affair - and that she has photos and 300 "racy" text messages to prove it.

Jaimee Grubbs, who says she was 21 when she first hooked up with Woods in April 2007, told Us Weekly their romance began when the duffer tapped her on the shoulder and said, "You don't look like you're having any fun."

Grubbs, 24, said they had 20 sexual encounters after that. Until now, Grubbs was best known as the girlfriend of Shawn "Loud Mouth Tool" Southern, one of the oafish contestants on VH1's reality series, "Tool Academy."

True or not, Grubbs' story is more bad news for Woods, whose good guy image was tarnished by a National Enquirer report that he was cheating on his Swedish supermodel wife with a New York party girl.

Woods' only good news came when the Florida Highway Patrol announced it was ending its investigation - and dropping a criminal probe - of last Friday's accident, which totaled the golfer's SUV as well as his reputation.

"Despite the celebrity status of Mr. Woods, the Florida Highway Patrol has closed its investigation," Sgt. Kim Montes said.

The FHP never got to question Woods about reports the crash was preceded by a bitter argument between him and his wife Elin about the Enquirer report.

A lawyer for Woods' neighbors insisted Elin Nordegren was "trying to help" her husband after the wreck.

"She was not trying to do any further damage," said the lawyer, Bill Sharpe.

Sharpe, who represents Linda Adams and her family, said that if the couple was fighting before the crash, nobody in the Adams household saw it.

"My clients feel like somebody believes they saw something they are not telling anybody," Sharpe said.

They did not witness any domestic violence ... Mr. Woods' minor injuries are not consistent with somebody being beaten with a nine iron."

Woods' neighbors got swept up in the Tiger tempest after it was revealed the 911 call for help that alerted cops about the accident came from their home. It is believed that Linda Adams' son, Jarius, placed the call.

In addition to stonewalling Highway Patrol investigators, Woods has not directly addressed the Enquirer report of an affair with 34-year-old Rachel Uchitel.

Uchitel has vehemently denied a romance with Woods and hired Gloria Allred, a lawyer who specializes in representing scorned celebrity women.

The Enquirer said Uchitel is fibbing and vowed it "has additional facts about Rachel that we have yet to release."

In a statement three days after the crash, Woods 'fessed up only to the "obviously embarrassing" incident adding, "The only person responsible for the accident is me."

"My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble," he wrote on his Web site. "She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false."

With Rose Davis in Orlando, Fla.

----------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Do you mean to tell me Tiger's life isn't so innocent after all? lmao...

That first girl looks like she is really in shape! Wow... I would definitely "hitter in the shitter".

Years of Experience

It's good to be Tiger Woods. Forbes.com is reporting that Woods is the first athlete to reach $1 billion in earnings, beating out Michael Jordan and Michael Schumacher.

Woods earned more than $10.5 million in giant cardboard checks this year on the PGA Tour and added another $10 million 27 September 2009 by winning the FedEx Cup. According to Forbes, that little bonus was enough to push Woods over the $1 billion mark.

Forbes has been tracking athlete earnings since before Tiger turned pro. Woods had earned a cumulative $895 million going into 2009, by our estimates, from prize money, appearance fees, endorsements, bonuses and his golf course design business. If you add his $10.5 million in 2009 prize money, the FedEx bonus and his take so far this year from his more than $100 million in annual off-the-course earnings, Woods' career earnings are now 10 figures.

The article points out that only Woods's accountant truly knows if he's a billionaire, but one thing is certain: Tiger's money-making potential won't slow down anytime soon.

The most stunning part is that Woods is only 33 years old--he might have 15 years of competitive golf left in him, and 30-plus years of designing courses. This is only the first billion for Woods.

Woods has been the highest-paid American athlete for years, and the competition isn't even close. In this year's Fortunate 50, SI's annual ranking, Woods's estimated total earnings were nearly $100 million, far exceeding Phil Mickelson in second ($53 million) and LeBron James in third ($42.4 million). Amazingly, Woods made even more the year before, according to SI -- $128 million.

-------------------------------------------------------

Becoming a billionaire--that is, having a net worth above $1 billion -- is after a sizable chunk of Woods' prize and endorsement money is eaten up by taxes and management fees -- estimated at 45%. Woods receives annualized investment returns of 8%.

From 1996 (the year Woods turned pro) to the present, we based his earnings on estimates from Forbes' Celebrity 100 list. In 2007, we estimate Woods earned $115 million, $65 million more than runner-up David Beckham.

Tiger becoming a billionaire is an unprecedented occurrence. There are plenty of billionaires who have excelled at sports, like Switzerland's richest man and champion sailor Ernesto Bertarelli. But there are no billionaires who accumulated their fortune by playing sports!

Billionaire Tiger is unique for earning his money through paychecks. If a billionaire didn't inherit his or her money, he or she typically made it by holding a stake in a company with a soaring valuation: Think Bill Gates. He didn't make his billions from his Microsoft (nasdaq: MSFT - news - people ) salary, but from all the stock he owned.

Woods became a very unique billionaire because of his tremendous earning power. This is based, first and foremost, on Woods' remarkable golfing ability. His recent U.S. Open victory was his 14th major championship. He's only 33, and is quickly approaching Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 major career wins.

His list of accomplishments keeps going. Woods, a golf prodigy as a child, is the youngest golfer to achieve a career Grand Slam. He won 50 tournaments on the PGA Tour faster than any player. He's been the PGA Player of the Year nine times, another record.

Prize money only accounts for about one-tenth of Woods' earnings. The remainder comes from lucrative endorsement deals. This is another crucial cog in the money-making machine that is Tiger Woods--he's not just an excellent player; he's an exceptionally popular and marketable one.

Television ratings for golf tournaments increase by nearly a third when Woods is playing. "He has brought a new level of interest and fans to the sport that weren't there before he arrived," says Scott Sanford, a senior director at the marketing company Davie Brown Talent.

Tiger's selling power is why Woods has big deals with Nike Golf, Accenture (nyse: ACN - news - people ), Buick and Gillette. Gatorade recently launched a new line of drinks called Gatorade Tiger. Woods will rake in about $90 million in endorsement contracts this year alone. Over the course of his career, he's earned more than $750 million from such deals.

Just how far might Woods climb up the ranks of the world's billionaires? It's difficult to tell. Common risks for athletes include divorce and injuries, which slow wealth accumulation, says an investment manager who works with about two dozen professional athletes.

Retirement would also have an effect. Even though Woods is the best in the world, and golfers have exceptional longevity as pro athletes, there's no guarantee how long he will play.

"After all the records are broken, what else is there?" asks Alan Lancz, president of Alan B. Lancz & Associates. "I've seen that with athletes I work with. They make their mark and then move to other priorities, like family."

The Tiger Woods Family

Wingfoot sez:

After the divorce, Nike Golf and all the other endorsers will flee, Tiger's management team will get their 10% off the top, ex-wife Elin will get her 50% for giving Tiger the best 5 years of her life and Uncle Sam will take his 35% because he can. That don't leave much for Tiger, his bitches and his over-worked putter............

-------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Wingfoot; December 2nd, 2009 at 08:44 AM.

I wonder if he sunk his drive in the rough with any of those girls..lol

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by damageratio View Post
    I wonder if he sunk his driver in the rough with any of those girls..lol
    Hey damageratio - Welcome to theVine. Please post often. As for Tiger, I see him getting excited every once in a while when he drives his balls into the rough with his #1 wood driver. But judging by the age of his most recent "trophys," I see him preferring to use his putter on fast and smooooooth holes.

-----------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Wingfoot; January 3rd, 2010 at 03:27 AM.

Years of Experience

Here are the Christmas cards they will be giving out this year.

Years of Experience

I heard that Tiger is changing his name to protect the privacy of his family. His new name is "Cougar".

Years of Experience

There is a new game out now.

Can you outrun Tiger's wife?

http://www.break.com/games/tiger-woods-wife-outrun.html

Years of Experience

The funny thing is Tiger can drive over 400 yards with a golf club but not an SUV.

Years of Experience

Details just keep surfacing on the secret life of Tiger Woods. This time, Kalika Moquin, marketing manager for The Bank nightclub in Las Vegas, is the one making headlines as the third alleged partner in one of Tiger's secret affairs. Paired with the other two girls - Jamie Grubbs, an LA cocktail waitress, and Rachel Uchitel, a club promoter - Moquin affirms Tiger's apparent attraction to women in the nightlife biz.

The rumors have been piling up for the married golfer, whose loyal reputation and five year marriage to Elin Nordegren seem to already be tarnished. In response to the accusations, Tiger posted the following statement (apology?) on his official website today:

"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone."

Moquin will not confirm or deny her association to Tiger. "It's not appropriate for me to comment one way or the other," she tells Life & Style Magazine. "At this time, I'm just choosing to focus on my job."

Kalika Moquin

The magazine reported that Moquin and Woods got together multiple times during his stay in Vegas the weekend of October 23rd, citing "an insider" as their source of information. "Tiger told Kalika that married life isn't all its built up to be," relvealed the source. "He said he wasn't happy in his marriage or his home life and that there was just too much pressure on him."

Well, it seems that the pressure has not let up now that the golfer's in pretty deep with this triple bogey.

---------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience

Talking Re: Tiger Not Out of The Woods

Some people say that love heals all wounds. That may be true, but money is the extra ointment for the scab; and in this case, Tiger Woods paid up. According to sources following the negotiations between Tiger and Elin’s lawyers, Tiger has offered Elin $80 million for seven years of "togetherness" and keep her mouth shut. Or, according to Daily News, Tiger can stay with Elin for two more years for the price of $55 million.

The lawyers are now in negotiation over altering their prenuptial agreement. If Elin agrees to stay with Tiger, one of the requirements is that Elin can never sell her story.

Rummer has it that Tiger’s endorsers have a big stake in the negotiations. Some endorsers may have paid off one of the girls Tiger was sleeping with to keep her quiet. Enough was paid for one to cancel her news conference today.

Tiger's marriage to Elin is more of a contractual agreement then love. Kudos to Elin to work with a marriage counselor to save this "marriage" to Tiger, the philanderer and womanizer.

I, Wingfoot, feel comfortable in saying that most (if not all) of us men of theVine know Tiger will not change his ways..... I feel "Divine Intervention" is the only way Tiger can stay monogamous. And Tiger ain't no christian! Maybe its time Elin grabs her half of the wealth and takes off.

Hey Tiger - Is it Cheaper to Keep Her?

---------------------------------------------------------

Really? this what we are doing now? Tiger Woods is better at golf than you(and probably most everything else). You may be some sort of deity to the vine sheep but this is pushing it. You sound like Roadmap pushing agenda and bathing in the praise that is given to you. I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT HAPPENS TO TIGER WOODS...and neither should you.

P.S. much credibility is lost when you cut and paste...or worse...you typed it yourself.

P.P.S. It amazes me the amount of time that was spent on this. It's obviously a cut and paste job, reeks of personal agenda, little thought, and shock factor.

And again, I really don't give a shit about TW...live and let live

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by RattleCan View Post
    Really? this what we are doing now? Tiger Woods is better at golf than you (and probably most everything else).

P.S. much credibility is lost when you cut and paste...or worse...you typed it yourself.

P.P.S. It amazes me the amount of time that was spent on this. It's obviously a cut and paste job, reeks of personal agenda, little thought, and shock factor.
    Hey RattleCan - Lighten up buddy! This is your first post and you come out swinging a paint stick like a machete! Sheesh........ When I plagiarize, cut and paste, I give my sources by posting the urls.... Yes, I do add my own comments. I agree with you that I'm not giving Tiger the JUSTICE he deserves. He is better than me in many areas; not just golf. And as FOR THE LOCATORS that are members here on theVine, they are gracious enough to allow me to continue on. Luv Ya Man!

---------------------------------------------------------

i

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Relax Rattle. Wing is the Vine's own "Entertainment Tonight" He keeps us posted on all the gossip in Hollywood, and the ugliness that is our Federal Gov't. And when he is feeling really froggy, he drops an ugly Conspiracy Theory on us. If you don't want to read his posts, skip over them, or use the "Ignore" feature.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast