Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket loads this year

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Ticket loads this year

I'm pretty sure my ticket loads are down this year about 20%. Just guessing on that but that is what it feels like.

Anyone else seeing this?

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Steve:

I cannot say for certain but I really do believe we are down. Could not say the percentage.

Whats peculiar is that our economy is moving along really well, but houses are not selling due I believe to overpricing.

Not as much new subdivision grading leveling this year either which would make sense if houses are not selling.

Road work is down as well as there was too much activity last year which lead to substantial gouging on prices.

Years of Experience
    16 yrs

Well ours in northern Indiana are up.... some of our areas seem to be up by 30 or 40% if i had to guess a percentage........

The load has remained about the same here in N.Tx. The housing starts are down but with all the other activity going on ie: Verizon still installing several hundred drops per day and expanding into ATT territory; 100,000 gas line repairs, and cities and counties getting a chance to play catch-up with developers gives us all of the work we want or need. But, if the rest of the country is slowing, that might be what USIC is seeing and why they instituted this hiring freeze.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

It's hard to say weather we are above or below average. I know as far as ticket counts I have had more than ever this year. This is just my area but I think as a district we are about on course for a typical year.

I do know this is the first year we don't have to ask if we can work OT on the weekends. It is pretty much expected that we all work most every weekend. The extra hours seem to be coming from losing some experienced guys and gaining a ton of trainees. Once the trainees come up to speed we should be doing quite well out here.

Years of Experience
    na

About the same load... Just more shortcuts so seems less...

In this one state recession, we are way down, but we were severely understaffed, and had to hire a few locators
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

in north louisiana it's up about 20% but down south the numbers are down .....this is very odd to say the least if any of you know anything about my state..... more ot for me so i m ok with our situation

Years of Experience

We started off a little slow now we are slowly picking up the tickets counts are down but the tickets sizes are up lots of big locates

Years of Experience

Default Re: Ticket loads this year

We haven't slowed down a bit this year. It seems like it's never gonna end. I don't know if the ticket load is up or if it's just because our office has sent quite a few locators out of state too help. All I know is there is still plenty of OT to go around and it's the heat of summer.

Years of Experience

still getting it here in la.......................hasn't slowed a bit with the gas prices.....up to 405 a gallon.....going to work in a little while upstate......heading to the hotel....at least the family and i will get to see the fireworks on the river tonight.....

Not sure about the difference in ticket loads this year.. as I spent most of last summer on the road... but it seems to be down a bit from what I remember. New housing market still seems to be going strong though.

Years of Experience

Is the summer slow down ever gonna get here?

It's going to be fall rush soon and we haven't had our summer slow down.

Sorry to hear that Golden. I know I look forward to the couple weeks at the end of August when tickets drop just enough where I can get home in time for dinner. Hopefully the fall rush hits later, and lasts a little longer into December. If that happens, maybe the lull will hit a little later for you

Now last year we were slowing down quite a bit at this time... haven't seen much of that yet.... fall push is coming just around the corner...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast