Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yahoo

Thread: Threatening loose dogs vs Wasp spray-

Years of Experience
    na

Default Threatening loose dogs vs Wasp spray-

I was defending myself with the paint stick and reciever(on a public street) to no avail... I was being double teamed... Went to the truck and got the show stopper out...

Then I was the boss of the territory again...

Didnt even get the direct hit.. But that nose must have understood LETHAL if a direct hit occured...

ITS AMAZING AND EFFECTIVE STUFF!!!

When its them or me, and the owner or someone is nt around to manage them, they will be the statistic...

Last edited by USIC1; June 16th, 2009 at 10:49 PM.

Default Re: Threatening loose dogs vs Wasp spray-

Thanks for the tip.

I would never go and kick an animal etc for funs..but yes when it comes down to me (or family, or some young kid i dont even know or ..).. a dog is going down.

Never could understand those 'real' videos of a dog attack, where someone is hitting a dog mauling someone.. but they're hitting it with not much more force than a "Bad Dog !!" kinda hit. Then ya hear the owner screaming out "Stop, you're hurting him".. geezus.. Id be running up with a pick-axe. No 'unreasonable force' in my books when it comes to any animal attacking someone (including my own).

I have to remember the wasp spray trick.. we have it at work. It would be unfair to use it to gain access to a yard for a locate tho. Thats the dog's territory, rightfully. For us, if the owner isnt home or wont remove the dog, that locate doesnt get done. But a wild dog out in the street lookin to take a slice of my calf.. nu-uh.. you're gettin the new test spray, Mr.

Hard call on a country-dog, that didnt come chase you until you were already there. His turf.. but my ass.. sorry.. me first. lol

k, ill put the flame suit on for this thread..

Im sure someone's gonna..
    (May you live in interesting times)

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

When I was a Meter Reader they supplied us with http://www.halt.com/halt.html

and its small enough to keep in your pocket or on your belt or in your vest. When you spray the dogs with paint or the bee bopper, you tend to get some feed back from the dog owners. With this stuff, it is designed to stop dogs pretty darn quickly.

I've seasoned quite a few dogs and they all stopped with a good squirt of that stuff.

mke

Pepper spray is a wonderful thing.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

IFINDIT would not like me saying this but the wasp spray works when shot in the direction of a bad dog!!! just be nice though !!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

I'm all for bear spray (google it) shoots out a cloud 30 feet and works on bears, might be a little over kill for ankle biters Halt and wasp spray come out in a stream which means you need to aim bear spray on the other had is point in the general direction.

Years of Experience

well Usic1 finally made 3 red dots....congradulations
    Mark likes this.
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato