Thread: Texas Teachers Packing Heat!

Years of Experience

Default Texas Teachers Packing Heat!

Don't Mess With Texas!

Texas School District Will Let Teachers Carry Guns

Friday, August 15, 2008
    FOXNews.com

A tiny Texas school district may be the first in the nation to pass a law specifically allowing teachers and staff to pack heat when classes began in August.

Superintendent David Thweatt told FOXNews.com the policy was initiated because of safety concerns.

"We have had employees assaulted before by people in the last several years," Thweatt said. "I think that safety is big concern. We are seeing a lot of anger in society."

The Texas superintendent linked gun-free zones with the uprising of school shootings in recent years.

"When you make schools gun-free zones, it's like inviting people to come in and take advantage," Thweatt told FOXNews.com.

"The naysayers think [a shooting] won't happen here," Thweatt said. "If something were to happen here, I'd much rather be calling a parent to tell them that their child is OK because we were able to protect them.

Teachers and staffers who want to bring their guns to the Harrold Campus as an added layer of protection -- when police too often have proven themselves tardy and flatfooted in deadly school shootings, including those at Virginia Tech and Columbine High School in Colorado -- have to be certified by the state of Texas to carry a concealed handgun, get crisis training and permission from school officials. Ammunition that ricochets minimally may be required.

While the district's plan shot them into the national spotlight, carrying guns to school is nothing new to some states. In Utah, the law allows anyone with a permit to carry a gun in public schools and state institutions of higher education.

Congress once banned guns at schools nationwide, but the Supreme Court struck down the law. The federal government is refraining from attacking the fundamental right to keep and bear arms, thereby allowing the states and localities to work matters out without interference, in the spirit of the 10th Amendment to the Constitution.

-

Default Re: Texas Teachers Packing Heat!

I also bet there are fewer kids with "ADD" in that school district now!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

No one messes with the teachers there I bet.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't mess with texas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or any of it's neighboring states!!!!!!!!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    30+

I believe if more folks carry guns (who can qualify) for a concealed gun permit, would carry them the world would be a safer place. Here in Florida, they just enacted a law allowing you to have your gun in your PRIVATE vehicle. Before a company could say you cannot even bring one on the premises.

You have to have a mental state to you it when you pull it. It is kinda like if you pull a certain body part out, you will use it. Sorry Ladies. I have carried one legally for 18 years and have had to use it twice. Both times I was cleared as a justified shooting.

When you pull it, use it. If you hesitate, and the person has a gun YOU will be dead. If you confront three bad persons and you have one talking the most, that is who you shoot. I have found out the other two will put their guns down and be very nice about waiting for the cops.

On a very personal note, If it wouldn't have been for the 1/2 dozen witnesses, I would have shot the other two in the knee caps so they would have never been able to run again. As it turned out the cops had been looking for these three guy's for a while. Arrest records in paper as much as I weigh. A couple of detectives thanked me for shooting and killing the one. He had shot and killed 2 people already and had a list of FELONY convictions already. He should not have been on the Street. Our justice system SUCKS.

Somewhere I feel Wing can find some stats to back up what I have said.

I pray all the time for forgiveness from GOD for taking another human being life. I will do it again if I'm ever put in that position.

I am going to get off my

Years of Experience

and now ............you are a locater??????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    30+

Yahoo I am now a supervisor for a contractor installing FIOS. I worked for a goverment utility back then.