Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ProfessionalLocator

Thread: At&t...

Years of Experience
    10yrs +
    Blog Entries

Default At&t...

Whats going on family..searching for some feedback on the so called loss of the AT&T contract by s&n and why are they still hiring in Louisiana and Mississippi? Is consolidated taking that also?

Years of Experience

Default Re: At&t...

CUS starts the contract in about a month or so here in Louisiana and USIC starts the att contract in Mississippi. S and N Communications .....out of here as fast as they came in . sad sad !!! so many damages it has to be a record . they have more damages in one year than utiliquest had in 5 years ...LOL Tony for s and n if you are reading this ....what an idiot you are !!!!!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    CUS starts the contract in about a month or so here in Louisiana and USIC starts the att contract in Mississippi. S and N Communications .....out of here as fast as they came in . sad sad !!! so many damages it has to be a record . they have more damages in one year than utiliquest had in 5 years ...LOL Tony for s and n if you are reading this ....what an idiot you are !!!!!!!!!

From what I got from USIC locators when I was painting dirt AT&T charged their firm for every damage by default. Did not matter if it was the excavators fault, it was easier to muscle the locate firm than chasing excavator to collect for damages. In addition they did not send a bill to the locate firm they just deducted the amount from their monthly payment owed the locate firm.

I bet USIC signed a contract that protects them from predatory damage billing.
    yahoo and Wingfoot like this.

Years of Experience

that is definitely how it worked here PL . and USIC is still here in LA and MISS . they have picked up some small contracts here and there nothing to brag about but I think they have learned their lesson with dealing with AT&T down this way. there is money to be made here but they need to hire ENOUGH people to do the job even somewhat good . nearly perfect would require about 200 men here in LA. never going to happen .
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    that is definitely how it worked here PL . and USIC is still here in LA and MISS . they have picked up some small contracts here and there nothing to brag about but I think they have learned their lesson with dealing with AT&T down this way. there is money to be made here but they need to hire ENOUGH people to do the job even somewhat good . nearly perfect would require about 200 men here in LA. never going to happen .

If they got a better contract with AT&T, especially not having to pay for excavator at fault damages, they may just hire the amount of locators needed. Enough out of work S&N locators to out there will be enough initially get the complement needed. I say initially because it takes 3 to 6 months to weed out the deadwood that was in the new hires.

Years of Experience

heard today they are offering 1500 dollar sign-on bonus and it will be on your first pay-check . they being a company called CUS . this is going to get good !!!!