Thread: Surgery.

Thumbs down Surgery.

Well I should be going in on Friday the 2nd for my surgery on my biceps muscle that was torn while lifting a manhole lid. Only thing that really sucks is ill be out of the field for 4 to 6 months while this thing repairs! Im gonna go stir crazy sittin at the house. Espically since I cant do a damn thing with only 1 arm....

C.Y.A. like everyone is out to screw you and ya will be fine!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by big boots mcghee View Post
    Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

Default Re: Surgery.

I hope everything goes well with the surgery. I go nuts after being off for just a weekend. Try to stay sane.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Years of Experience

hang in there Godfather.....Godspeed to your recovery!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

The only thing that keeps me sane is going to the gym every night and I havent been for almost 2 months now which blows. I took a couple weeks off right after I got the new Call of Duty game and have played the poo outta it. And then the acident happened and its now been another 4 weeks so im gettin a little crazy LOL!!!!
    C.Y.A. like everyone is out to screw you and ya will be fine!!!!

Like I said, welcome to the world's largest locating company, one that's full of piss poor communication, dogshit planning, and mistreated slaves, err, employees.

Years of Experience

WoW! I bet it popped when the muscle let go!

Every one I've known that has been off that long suffers financially. It's none of my business how much the disability will pay; it's never enough..........

I hope workman's comp don't send you to Dr Dumb Dumb or hold up your compensation checks because of stupid shit. Don't sign a release until you know you are ready to come back to work.

I suggest an immediate lifestyle change. Stay away from things that have a 'sin tax' attached to it. No more movies for a while. A dollar movie is okay every now and then - but NO POPCORN, CANDY or POP! Make it CHEAP! No long trips. NO MORE KINKY shit - You know what I mean! Because things like that are hard to explain and there is no such thing as warranty work when it comes to doctors..........

I've got maybe 4 months in savings for such a calamity. I know I need more just in case.

Here's my question; "What have you learned from this experience?"

Years of Experience

Dude, there's plenty that you can do with one arm. Hell, all you need is one hand, a little Jergens, and -BOOM!- instant party.

Good luck with your surgery and with your rehab. I've been fortunate to have never broken a bone and never had to have surgery on anything, so I have no idea what you're going through, but I wish you the best.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Dude, there's plenty that you can do with one arm. Hell, all you need is one hand, a little Jergens, and -BOOM!- instant party.

Good luck with your surgery and with your rehab. I've been fortunate to have never broken a bone and never had to have surgery on anything, so I have no idea what you're going through, but I wish you the best.
    Jergens? Damn, you go 1st class!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    Jergens? Damn, you go 1st class!
    Yeah, but the socks I use are an off brand so it all evens out.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Surgery is never fun, and rehab can be even worse IMHO... rent some good comedy, you're going to need some laughter to break up the doldrums of downtime...

Good luck sir, and you'll be amazed how fast you can type with one hand with a few weeks practice!

Years of Experience

Good luck, heal quick, and check out www.pogo.com lots of games to kill time with!!

Good Luck To You Godfather!!!!

Semper Fi,

Bob