Thread: Summer Damage Prevention Magazine

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Summer Damage Prevention Magazine

For your reading pleasure.

Excavation Safety Guide

Years of Experience

Default Re: Summer Damage Prevention Magazine

Check out the article on "Utility Graffiti" on pages 26 thru 28...

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Re: Summer Damage Prevention Magazine

Greg great article. You did hit the nail on the head even though I use water based paint, when the ticket is call in several months before the first shovel of dirt is turned and then for the next 10 months they call in updates. Every time a contract locator will go out and remark the same marks and the paint will build up.

I now will move off the current paint marks and remark in a new place. The thing is in the Florida Sunshine if you only mark one time on a mark in 45 days it is faded to a point you can hardly see it.

I lay blame on contractors who do not do manage their tickets. You call it in and I will mark it. If you are complete and you call a ticket in I will mark that new sidewalk or any other place i.e. roads, curbs, new grass, ect. I do not have time to call contractors only to be told I will check and get back to you. Well I will give you 10 min to make up your mind and then I mark whatever needs to be marked. I am on site and will not make a unpaid return trip.

This will cure a lot of extra paint being put down. This is just my opinion and does not reflect my employer's view. To be truthful I do not know where they stand.

Marking standards would be great. I have worked in several states in the last 6 months and all have different markings.
    Last edited by UULC; July 3rd, 2014 at 06:33 AM.