Default Re: STS / UtiliQuest shake up in GA

Who was your trainer???

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

Todd Grinham

I knew Todd he is a goodman...Whats going on there?

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

when you find out... let me know... right about now I'm wondering how long I'm going to be there... the low pay and all the negativity is wearing me thin...

Todd Grinham left and so did Keith Green ( supervisor Doraville). The biggest mistake STS/Utiliquest ever made was putting Rick Krause in charge. Supervisors, management and techs are running for the hills from this moron. He has not gained the respect of a single employee since he got in power.Clients see that he is clueless and there is no management supporting him. When will his superiors wake up and get him out of there? The response would be immediate from the staff and clients in a positive way. We can only hope that someone opens their eyes before the clients pack it in too.

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

ok... here's how my week ended. I am an LP tech... for those in other parts of the country... what I do is work on projects over a mile in length. Mostly road projects. Yesterday about 10:30 I get a call from my supervisor saying that he just got word from rick that we needed to help production out because they were behind, or else yesterday would be a mandatory work day.. I said fine... send me some tickets. He sent over 5, and I went to them. Well, I got done with these tickets around 2:30 or so. I also stopped in on one of my projects that was out in the area to make sure everything was fine on it... so, upon completing the production tickets, I went back to one of my LP's. Around 3:30 my supervisor calls me again... he's getting ready to load my box out.. and I'm like wtf? said that if I wanted to work late on them I could... so I started hitting the tickets again... a couple of them were real pains in the butt... including one with a gas service that had tracer tape ran instead of a tracer wire....( I had to horn that one and dig it up to verify). So I get through about 8:15 pm. That left 6 tickets in my box for saturday morning...well saturday morning I got up and it was raining in the part of town I live in.. so I checked the radar and saw in the area the tickets were in it wasn't suppose to be raining. I get over there and it is spitting rain anyway... so I start locating anyway (paint it heavy and flag the crap out of it). I get done with my tickets about 12:00. So, I called my supervisor and told him I was heading over to help another tech on his LP as he had asked me to do. He said that he was over there and he would see me there... so I told him I would take my lunch and head on over...well, I get over there and I am still on lunch and he and the other tech were digging down on an 8" HS gas main. So, I jump out to help. we end up spending about an hour and a half trying to trouble shoot it and come up with nothing.... supervisor leaves, the other tech starts working on locating a fiber, and I go down to the next road to start working on some gas.. day ends uneventful... or so I thought.... I am on my way home... and my supervisor calls, and asks me if I have already left. ( I had told him an hour and a half before that I was done for the day. ) he says he got a call from the manager of one of the offices, and apparently rick lives in that area... and he drove by and saw 3 STS techs parked on the side of the road and just " sitting on a guard rail". well he decided to write down one of the truck numbers... and it just so happened to be mine...( keep in mind I was still on lunch when I got there). He wanted to know what we were doing and why 3 techs (one being my supervisor) were sitting on the side of the road doing nothing... needless to say... after me just completing a 60+ hour week.... it kinda pissed me off... my question to rick is... why didn't YOU stop and ask us yourself.... we might have told you and even put you to work...( rolls eyes) in the end the complaint was that we didn't have our cones out... give me a break... I protect millions upon millions of dollars worth of utilities each day.. and he is going to hassle me about some cones... priorities man... priorities...
    Last edited by Danger; July 17th, 2011 at 08:27 AM.

Danger...... You can't do what you don't know!!!!! Ricks an idiot....He can talk the talk....but he can't walk the walk.......He was a Retard at AT&T...(Loser)....It's DYCOM......they are an incestuous bunch....I swear itslike OBAMA.....They surround themseleves with DUMMY's...... Ricck, Dennis.....They couldn't locate their ASS........so how do you run a locate operation...... They are losng it all....USIC will be the biggest soon.....UQ????? Won't be around.....

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    My comments regards Utiliquest have generally been negative and this is based on by first hand experience with them,

I have worked there in both their Byers Engineering and Utiliqest names, all the same mangers stayed on for the Utiliquest name. I found a general air of deceit, lying and corruption.

In training class the instructor taught use how to back date manifests when we got late to a job after the work was completed, this was before computer entry.

After the first year they changed heath insurance companies. A year after that I figured that I had never gotten a new insurance card or any claim forms. I asked for some claim form in case I ever went to the doctor, I had never field any claims there. I was told they were only allowed a few forms and would give me a form if I had a claim to file. This made really suspicious as I had seen the form and it was very simple and the person told me this while standing in front of the copy machine.

So next week I called the insurance company with a made up query about some elective procedure. After searching their records they informed me that yes, they carried health insurance for that firm and that I was not listed as an employee, my health insurance had not been paid.

It looked like that as someone who had not made any claims, and with a high employee turnover rate, they waited until you asked for a form and then put you on the insurance as a new employee. I wondered how much money they "saved" (stole?) by not pay the health insurance payments.

Very nice anaylsis. Excellent attention to detail. You did some independant research and caught them at thier own game. Put thier feet to the fire and call them on thier lies.

Awesome, awesome investigating work.
    TRUST no one !!!
    QUESTION everything !!!
    Find the TRUTH for yourself !!!
    Sound a bit paranoid ???
    That's what this business is. - Don Lyng

Years of Experience

Is Rick Wilson still doing claims up there at Utiliquest? is Rick Krauss his boss?
    seems like too many claims nationwide for mainly one person to handle.

Todd Grinham left to go to another locating company which recently got a couple of the GA power contracts.HJ resigned but it was after they were going to demote him and he told them to shove it up there ass he quit.I know about HJ because I know someone who was in the office that day and Todd has tried recruiting several of my coworkers over to the new company and has suceeded with a couple.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345