Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: STS / UtiliQuest shake up in GA

Default Re: STS / UtiliQuest shake up in GA

What's up with all the hireing?????? I know UQ didn't get any more contract.....Do they suck as much as they seem to be???? Look at Locator jobs, CA, GA, TN...... Who's the Boss today????

NO one has answered the original question of this thread. Who was axed in the shake up and why? Does anyone even know?

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

I know.... but since I know there are trolls on the forum... I'm keeping my mouth shut...

Tell the Trolls to KiSS UR A__ __!!!!!! It's a free country for a while......Tell us !

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by deevol View Post
    What's up with all the hireing?????? I know UQ didn't get any more contract.....Do they suck as much as they seem to be???? Look at Locator jobs, CA, GA, TN...... Who's the Boss today????
    Nationwide they have a high loss rate, either through firing locators or locators quitting.

I know one guy who backed his truck into a fire hydrant. No damage to the fire hydrant and a 1" ding in the bumper, fired him.
    Many look around and see the hand writing on the wall and get a job with another firm.

It works like this. The loss rate is so high they are constantly hiring during a recession, jobs are hard to get. So you hire on at Utiliquest because they have to hire you and let them train you and get locating experience to put on your resume. Then try to hold onto that job until you get hired by another firm.

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

correct pro... one of their major problems is retention...a lot of experience has gone out the door...and the experienced locators that are left are disgruntled... I'll be completely honest... I have never worked in such a negative environment as I am currently working in... Everyone seems to hate their job, and when you ask... they say they don't hate their job... that they just hate the way the company treats us...

Years of Experience

And that friend, is contract locating today. Everyone hates the company they work for, and wants out. What a great way to maintain order and protect the utility infrastructure of our great nation!

Cool Re: STS / UtiliQuest shake up in GA

The only way for UQ to turn itself around, would be for 1. Jamal or Terry F. take over, fire Dennis, he has no idea about the locate business. 2. Fire Rick K. he's just a plain DumbASS......he doesn't know, he doesn't know the locate business......3. Bring back management who know the business, focus on the employees who do a good job and invest in them. But I fear it is too late, DUCOM has to much money tied up in Echasketch....to drop it.......it's like OBAMA....he'd rather kill or country than do what needs to be done!!!!! There is hope for UQ.....but they need to listen to simple people...not educated idiots........

Years of Experience

You can bet jamel is working on a plan to get back in the locating business somewhere else, then it will be look out dycom. Overall utiliquest is a good company to work for, lots of stability and very good local management. At least in my area. The trouble is the execs wont let them make any decisions, its like the big guys spend all their time looking for ways to fire people. They wont work to help the new guys develop, they just train them, and then fire them when the have a problem or accident. If youre under 1 year look out. We donít habe the loyalty we used to. Need the family feeling to come back.

Hopefully....the TROLLS..... will get the word or wishful thinking someone with some cents about them will realize the era of there way and get the company righted.....They are a GREAT company!!!! Just abunch of dirt bags are running it into the ground now....maybe the will get it right????

Interstate 270 reopens after gas main break
    Monday - 7/11/2011, 10:50pm ET
    CLARKSBURG, Md. - Interstate 270 has reopened between Father Hurley Blvd. and Md. Route 109 after a gas leak closed the highway for six hours Monday.

The six-inch gas main ruptured late Monday afternoon.

The ramp from northbound I-270 to Clarksburg Road (Md. Route 121) is still closed. The southbound ramp is open, but drivers cannot access Md. Route 355 from Clarskburg Road.

Montgomery County Assistant Fire Chief Scott Graham says work on the leak was expected to continue through the night, but he did not expect any problems for drivers during Tuesday morning's commute.

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

and this has what to do with STS in GEORGIA?

I was wondering this also????? Any word on any one else???

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Danger View Post
    and this has what to do with STS in GEORGIA?
    For that area gas is located by Utiliquest though the article does not infer any mismark. Utiliquest and STS are the same firm.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    For that area gas is located by Utiliquest though the article does not infer any mismark. Utiliquest and STS are the same firm.
    That was a major damage.
    If Utiliquest is involved this might be the final nail in the coffin for them in Washington DC metro, and a major blow for the whole company.
    They are hanging on a thread. In last year they lost more than half of the business here.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast