Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: STS / UtiliQuest shake up in GA

Unhappy STS / UtiliQuest shake up in GA

Can somebody tell me what happened???? Who's gone and who's left?????
    Last edited by deevol; June 20th, 2011 at 02:31 PM. Reason: misspeled

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

Default Re: STS / UtiliQuest shake up in GA

i'm still left.... at least for this week...

Danger.....What's up???? Who got the hammer and why????? Is it a going out of business sale????? Or are the deck chairs being rearranged for another Titanic.......Do they Suck......as bad as they sound??????? Keeeerrrrplunk

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

not sure what or how much I can say... I never know who is trolling.... I will confirm there has been a bit of a shake up... no going out of business sale, and from what I understand it was due to a major damage... STS has it's good points, but it has it's bad points as well.... its pretty much the same with all of these companies... we've got guys that came from USIC in DFW and swear it is the best place in the world to work... it's like every place else... ya have good managers and you have bad ones... you have good policies, and you have bad ones... the only real things I dislike are the drive cams and the low pay.... everything else... is just water under the bridge...

Danger.......I understand....Did they get rid of Rick Krauss????? He's the main one they ought to ax!!!!!

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

rick is still there...

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

What happened with the damage? Where and when was it? I'll try and find it in the news.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

If I were the Prez????

1. Fire Rick!!!!! he's a real Richard???? I'm keepn it clean.....
    2. Get rid of Esketch
    3. Put people in.... who know the business, not all the retired rejects from AT&T who couldn't find their own ass.....

Thoughts?????

Years of Experience
    5+
    Blog Entries

I've never met Rick personally... so I have no opinion of the man... I just go out and do my job everyday... and leave the politics to other people....

Danger..... I understand.....I on the other hand know him....and thats my opinion of him a true, former retired AT&T "RICHARD"

Any word on who is in charge now????

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by deevol View Post
    If I were the Prez????

1. Fire Rick!!!!! he's a real Richard???? I'm keepn it clean.....
    2. Get rid of Esketch
    3. Put people in.... who know the business, not all the retired rejects from AT&T who couldn't find their own ass.....

Thoughts?????
    Start cutting unnecessary cost. Start with the drive cams. They are already in place and the market for used ones probably would not be worth the money to remove them. So convert them from spy cameras back to their original use, recording traffic accidents as indicated by the g-forces. (The cameras come with the factory default settings to only go off on impact. Utiliquest / STS reset them to go on routine movement to convert them to spy cameras.) Once the cameras are reset there is no need to pay a fee to a company to monitor and screen all those hundreds of hours of video and audio.

Next reduce training costs and damages by reducing attrition. Make an employee retention plan so as to keep the valuable skilled employees. This was the budget for training, recruiting and damages is reduced and the cost of keeping good employees is still lower than those currently budgeted items I mentioned.

Develop a management training program whereby managers are taught the principals of good management. This would require hiring an outside firm to conduct the classes as the current structure may be described as 'rot from the top'.

There are so many things broken there that this list can go on for a very long time. I do not want to become known as long winded.

Years of Experience

Personally I was very happy to see UQ get the boot out of TX. They had soooo many things going wrong for them, and they never really tried to fix it. They would slap a band aid on their problem and hope the problem would just go away. One thing I never understood was why you would hire a manager or regional manager who had no real understanding of what went on in the field and what it took to locate the lines we had to mark. All they would say was "do more tickets". When UQ first came to TX, things were great, but over the years they just got worse and worse. Hopefully they can pull their heads out of their butts, and fix their problems, so that all the good ppl that still work for them wont have to suffer.

Talking Re: STS / UtiliQuest shake up in GA

UtiliQuest, lost its way.....I know Jamal, hes a good man and a true visionary....the problem in my opinion was he surrounded himself with people who have no idea about the locate business....I don't fault him, I believe the higher ups placed people around him...that were retired dipsh-ts from AT&T....Its almost like OBAMA is running UtiliQuest.....they could locate their on Ass.....It's going to kill them.....To be in the locate business, you have to know the locate business.....the people (locators, managers, supervisors) make the business..... Not the retards at the top.....never forget what got you to the dance???????

I got a new truck today, and traded my vivax for a rd4000. It was a good day. Good thing the "shake-up" didn't trickle down to the techs yet.

Who is your boss now?????

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast