Thread: sts,utiliquest lawsuit

Years of Experience
    na

Guess thats all I have to say...

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post

Guess thats all I have to say...

Keep your grimey money grubbnin paws out of that kettle

Among other things I helped get a new office started for sts anywhere from 1:45 to 3:00 hrs from my house.how many times did I get called out after hours with multiple emergencies at opposite ends of the area and get called back out when I was almost back home only to hear the next day that I could not charge out all of the agreed upon time for emergencies(time from house to emergncy and back home including time at locate).I never once padded my time and only charged what I actually did.Its things like that that get these lawsuits started.I have purposly not taken my place in line with other lawsuits with other locate companies because I did nt feel they were right.I'm not so sure I can do that this time.Its things like this(along with no company loyalty or job security)that have turn me away from this business for the time being.Maybe someday some company will emerge that actually will value its good locators.I have heard that those conpanies exist but not around here.

Default Re: sts,utiliquest lawsuit

I answer to a higher authority than any court or locating company and I have to be ethical and moral about any decision I make. (Couldn't live with myself otherwise!) Therefore, I won't steel from the company by claiming time I haven't worked, nor will I work without getting paid. I also don't stand around and gab to contractors or ho on company time, unless it is to answer a question in a professional manner. And even then I keep it short and sweet. It keeps everything on the up and up and fair to everyone.

Years of Experience
    na

I think alot of locators are like boxers that have been hit to many times in

the ring of life...

So we all need to find something to survive and believe in...

Maybe one day a great locator will be born to save us...

Years of Experience

if you're looking for that person he has done come.....

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by TechMaster View Post
    Quick question on this law suit. How many of you chose to route yourselves at home off the clock while watching tv just to make your life easier? I know I have worked off the clock a million times just for that reason. Also how many times have you really drug your feet all day and stopped and talked to every contractor at almost every site way longer than you should have about nothing pertaining to work. Oh and do not forget all the times you went home early and charged overtime. Just something I have been thinking about!!
    i am not for sure what you are getting at.......lawsuit is a done deal....the money has been a settled issue since january....who will get it ....the lawyers or the workers ( or whatever you want to call them) my point is some one will get the money.......

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Ainsquest View Post
    This entire lawsuit is a result of a disgruntled employee who found a way (and a smart attorney) to screw the company. I have been here 16 years, and the company has been pretty dang easy to work for. As long as you do your job correctly, you are pretty much your own boss. Not many jobs out there provide the freedom that this one does. I hope everyone that plans on taking the money is actually owed the money. I'll bet if you've been doing this for any amount of time, and you tally up all the time you've charged when you actually were done 15, 30, or 45 minutes before your timesheet states, it would far exceed any time the company owes YOU!! IF YOU AREN'T OWED THE MONEY, DON'T ACCEPT IT! It doesn't say much for the integrity of a man who accepts something that he doesn't deserve. Also, if you think for a second you won't have an * by your name, then your just not being realistic. Yeah, the letter SAYS there will be no recourse if you accept, but anyone with half a brain knows that the company COULD make your life miserable to the point of wanting to quit, if they so choose to. Bottom Line... DO THE RIGHT THING FOLKS!!!

totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!i will accept the money and i will still be here posting years from now with the same job and the same company.....who will get this money me or the lawyers???????? some one will get the money!!

On the note of the recent lawsuit which i received papers on.I dont think its stealing in any way.I couldnt count how many times ppl in Balt complained about hours not being paid as overtime.How can u work 95 hours in two weeks and only get 8 hours pain as over time.So i say they owe us alot more than whats been set aside for the lawsuit.Now i no longer work for utiliquest but i liked it there for the 10 plus years i was there.But dont think i wont cash that check im more than deserving of it and more.

all the guy's I've spoken to about it down here, cashed in.

My paperwork says the final decision will be made on July 23rd,so how come we won't get our money till October?And is there any chance the money will change by that time? Anyone got a clue?

Years of Experience

i haven't heard anything in months now but everyday i have all the class action lawsuit news coming straight to my computer......i keep checking the dycom website and there is nothing in the news.......

How do you hav this stuff sent to your computer?I am outside the loop so to speak.

Years of Experience

ok I wasn't really going to say anything on this subject again but for some stupid reason I feel compelled to throw my two cents into this mix. Yes I am one of the first hundred or so guys who signed up for this suit. This suit was actually brought up by the same lawyers who represented the cls guys and some how it came over to us. I spoke to one of the lead lawyers, my reasons were not out of greed, my reasons for joining this suit was because, I was at my uncles funeral in tampa florida, I was told that in order for me to attend I had to bring my lap top and clear the tickets in my area. Now keep in mind that my area was almost never behind and I was actually one day ahead in my area at this time. I was told by my manager that if I wanted the time off to go to the funeral, I would have to close my clear tickets and I would also have to use personal time. Keep in mind I was the most seinior guy and the highest producer the office had. I started to think back on how these guys had screwed us in the past. It was our offices unwritten policy to route ourselves after hours while routing we were clearing tickets at the same time. This was not to make our lives easier but it made the ofc. mgr. look good because of our numbers. That is what it was all about our numbers. The manager we had was not a bad guy just a bad manager.We were told to leave our radios on 24hrs a day seven days a week. When we went on vacation we were to take our computeres with us and clear our tickets.If we were sick we still had to cover our areas for emergencies and still had to use sick time. now the only compensation we got for doing this was the bonus programs. When dycom took over the bonus program was taken from us. Do I feel I did the right thing yes do I feel I am screwing anyone no because this manager screwed us first. I can not speak for all offices just the one I worked out of...........
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Quote Originally Posted by NINJA View Post
    ok I wasn't really going to say anything on this subject again but for some stupid reason I feel compelled to throw my two cents into this mix. Yes I am one of the first hundred or so guys who signed up for this suit. This suit was actually brought up by the same lawyers who represented the cls guys and some how it came over to us. I spoke to one of the lead lawyers, my reasons were not out of greed, my reasons for joining this suit was because, I was at my uncles funeral in tampa florida, I was told that in order for me to attend I had to bring my lap top and clear the tickets in my area. Now keep in mind that my area was almost never behind and I was actually one day ahead in my area at this time. I was told by my manager that if I wanted the time off to go to the funeral, I would have to close my clear tickets and I would also have to use personal time. Keep in mind I was the most seinior guy and the highest producer the office had. I started to think back on how these guys had screwed us in the past. It was our offices unwritten policy to route ourselves after hours while routing we were clearing tickets at the same time. This was not to make our lives easier but it made the ofc. mgr. look good because of our numbers. That is what it was all about our numbers. The manager we had was not a bad guy just a bad manager.We were told to leave our radios on 24hrs a day seven days a week. When we went on vacation we were to take our computeres with us and clear our tickets.If we were sick we still had to cover our areas for emergencies and still had to use sick time. now the only compensation we got for doing this was the bonus programs. When dycom took over the bonus program was taken from us. Do I feel I did the right thing yes do I feel I am screwing anyone no because this manager screwed us first. I can not speak for all offices just the one I worked out of...........

all I can say is...WOW...bring your laptop to the funeral and clear out tickets? wtf? were you the only guy in the area?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast