Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A story

Default A story

My posts will be fewer in the coming months, these are some topics I will be covering,
    My time locating in B.C.
    The Collected works of R.D. Wrangler
    The :douchebags" thread(I've noticed this one reemerging)it's author, timeing and meaning
    Thank yous to those deserving
    Some other stuff.

Some years back, I was doing a locate on a farm somewhere. There were many cats and a couple of dogs. I noticed what appeared to be the "mean" dog was tied up across the yard, and there was another dog lazing in his house and some six or seven cats hanging around.

AdvanceMan loves animals and would sooner beat up a person than do injury to a defenceless animal(unless i was being attacked by a bear or tiger, you know what i mean) If you make fun of this thread, you're a piece of shit and deserve nothing less than death

I had to locate at the front so I walked down the driveway, I heard a noise behind me, it was a little white kitten. He was playfully following me, so i stopped, gave him a pat, picked him up and put him on my shoulder. he was very happy and i can remember him purring in my ear. the road out front was a busy trucking road, and when i set him down, he continued to follow me. not wanting him to get run over, i brough him back tothe yard and placed him with the other cats. I turned, walked down the driveway, and proceeded to do my locate. It took about two minutes. I turned and walked back to my truck parked by the house.
    Something was wrong. I turned just in time to see the dog that i thought was the friendly dog CHEWING on that little kitten that had just been purring on my shoulder. All the other cats had moved away. he dropped it, I can't realy remember what my reaction was. I just wanted to kill that dog. I picked the little cat up, he had puncture marks in him, his eyes were going glossy, then green, then dead, He died in my arms.

I was horrified and very upset by this, but retained my composure as I was on a job, and it wasn't my dog or cat. I had moved him from the road to keep him safe and this had happened. all the other cats were hanging around the dog and he'd given no indication that he'd do that. This was my fault.

It was hard to concentrate after that. I knocked on the door, and the young mother i was locating for appeared. I had the kitty in my arms and I said" Yur dog just killed the kitten' She didn't seem to concerned. I left the kitty's body with her and got back into my truck. The last thing i saw in my rear view mirror as I drove out of the yard was her little boy, running across the yard holding the little kitty body by the tail, swinging him over the fence like a bagof garbage.

Life and death on the Farm.....That little boy probably thought nothing of that, nor does he probably remember. It was the first thing I thought of waking up this morning, happened over 6 years ago.. Probably won't be a good week.
    I am haunted by this.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A story

Yep, I am an ass, but not even I am touching this one........

But Advance I want to let you know, i did see your Dissaproval for my thread about my son donating my gas money to Children's Cancer Research. In fact, it was on March 23rd at 1:32 pm and you made sure to include the note "**** your gay" on it. Nice move man.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

I think God looks down at this world and what we have done to it and cries himself to sleep every night................

Don't let it haunt you another minute advance, you did the best you could. You have to answer for what you do in this life, just as they will have to answer when their time comes. But, all things tend to come full circle, and any good or bad you do in this life has a way of coming back to you.

Plant a good seed, reap a good crop.
    Job Applicant: What does this job pay?
    Employer: I'm going to pay you just what you are worth!
    Job Applicant: I don't think I can work for that......

Mother Nature is no creamcake.
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    But Advance I want to let you know, i did see your Dissaproval for my thread about my son donating my gas money to Children's Cancer Research. In fact, it was on March 23rd at 1:32 pm and you made sure to include the note "**** your gay" on it. Nice move man.
    One of my neighbors kids actually came out of cancer. They found it early, I forget exactly which kind it was. I remember him being all messed up for awhile, bald and never leaving the house etc. But now he's clean, and installing Direct TV...living a normal life...I've never been one to support charities, because I always think about the deep and dark motherfkc...U know..the guy behind the guy, who takes a piece of what anyone donates...nonprofit or not, someone's eatin' steak off that cash..I wonder if that means that I'm corrupt, which I am. But...I always just look further than the superficial surface...I look past it all and look for controversy and dirt....

But I can't imagine how proud you must've been to see your son show that kind of character. I can only hope that when I have children, they'll make similar choices. Raisin' him right, ifindit.

Yep, I am an ass, but not even I am touching this one........

IFINDit, you have my sincerest apologies

Years of Experience

what?????? some respect?????? Advanceman ....I'm impressed!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Accepted Advance, - personally hate cats but would have been sick to my stomach if that happened to me. Cat or not, I don't ever want to see an animal die like that.
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

personally hate cats .
    Why do you hate cats? Just curious.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    what?????? some respect?????? Advanceman ....I'm impressed!!!
    Not buying it.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by scap View Post
    Mother Nature is no creamcake.
    Population control is a bitch sometimes, that's for sure.
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I just do Scap, I am allergic to cats and they make me miserable anytime I am around a cat.....but more so, I don't like the "Cat" personality. I am a dog guy through and through. I prefer the short haired German breeds with docked tails, but I wouldn't have any dog with trimmed ears.

I like ALL animals, just happened to have grown up with cats. They seem to like me too. Would actually like a ring tailed lemur. I can't see why anyone would HATE a cat personally but my pa's like that too.

i like dogs, have lived with a few, but I just don't have the time they need. advancemama wants one when we move.
    The guy I'm jamming with had one cat when i met him a few months ago, now has 4 and just got a female doberman. I would have waited for a male, guess they're hard to come by.

P.S. Thank you Ovus, kind words.

Years of Experience

Been a dog guy all my life - never much cared for cats - until a couple years ago my son brought in a stray kitten. Turns out to be best pet ever. No mess, no maintenance, incredible athlete, incredible hunter and killer of unwanted critters, and as sweet and loyal as any dog I've owned. Our dogs love him too. Sam rocks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast