Thread: Stake Center Locating Memphis

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Stake Center Locating Memphis

Can anyone give me any info on them? How are they to work for? Good Sups, DM's? Equipment? Vehicles?

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Stake Center Locating Memphis

Well around here they are driving open backed rangers with tool box. I've only seen them use RD's mostly 4k's but some have 7's and 8 k's. As for working for them, i've heard mixed reviews. I'm thinking its going to be about the same, as any other contract company. I wish I had more information but some of those guys are new enough they are still gun shy when talking to other locators. The only thing that gets me, and maybe its only the Sup or DM in the area, but they don't keep the same people in the same area, and won't accept any help from outside agencies. For Example, We own quite a bit of facilities, and I have given out my buisness card and cell phone number to the Sup and locators stating " Give me a call when ever a ticket comes in near our facilities, or with our company name on it and we will tell you exactly whats going on, and help get you access to the sites." Sounds plain and simple. I'm still coming accross tickets that are marked late, and incorrectly.

As the old saying goes, " you can lead a horse to water, but you can't beat them senseless".

Mke

Years of Experience

Default Re: Stake Center Locating Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by Mke View Post
    As the old saying goes, " you can lead a horse to water, but you can't beat them senseless".

Mke
    There were these two not so bright guys who had to get across the desert. Since they didn't have enough money for a car they decided to buy a camel.

The camel dealer promised them that the camel would get them across the desert if they made sure he was full of water before they left.

They took the camel down to the water hole, but the camel would not drink. So finally the first guy says, "I have an idea. Why don't I hold his head down in the water and you suck on his butt. That way the water will be drawn up into him like a straw." The second gut thought about this for a while and finally agreed.

After a while the first guy asks, "Well.... Is it working?"

The second guy replied, "I think it is going to work, but you have to pick his head up just a little because I'm just getting mud."

----------------------------------------------------------