Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Stake center locating

Years of Experience

Default Stake center locating

What do you know about stake center??? Just wondering if anyone has any insight.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Stake center locating

i was thinking about applying there.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I'd bet they are like any other locate company. The company is only as good as the office manager.

I haven't heard anything bad about them. They seem to be a middle of the road company to work for... meaning nothing bad but no rave reviews either.

I know that doesn't help much but hope it helps a little.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    30+

They are LIKE ALL contract locating companies. USIC has better bennies. No paid holidays crappy ins, have to give 30 days notice to take a pto or vacation day. Locator program sucks.

All this is just my opinion and does not represent the companies views.

Just left their employment on Tuesday, after working 4 months for them. I had minimal experience when hired and was not trained very well. Next thing I know I'm on my own blundering through the day, doing the best I can to keep up with an ever increasing ticket load. Bam, took a hit on a 200 pair, then a hit on a 100 pair . Nothing bad to say about my local co-workers or area manager, just wish I'd had more training before being thrown to the wolves.

Years of Experience

does anyone know what they locate in Chicago???

Quote Originally Posted by union_YES View Post
    does anyone know what they locate in Chicago???
    yes xo fiber and zayo fiber (anet abovenet 360 networks) they are taking over the abovenet from g4s due to zayo wanting one single provider nationwide to locate their stuff. this was a big money maker for g4s and because of this their locators are all being shifted around to other areas. last i knew they only had 1 locator for the state of il. i got offered this job last year but declined due to them getting rid of their locator at that time an not adding to their staff. they have got to be adding to the staff this time because there is a ton of abovenet in the south and west suburbs, near ohare and in the city of chicago. dont forget the exisiting zayo listed above and the xo(nextlink) fibers.

Years of Experience

well i ust resent my resume to stake center and linder lakes and wow no one is calling me , i guess i dont make the grade ...lol
    surprised , no . most companies FEAR someone like me , knowing the job and not afraid to due the work and stand up for what i know is right . and when i have been wrong , well i say i am wrong . being strong minded and speaking the truth is not wanted by any locating company . but i will find that one company that wants a locator and not a quiet newby . and i know i will make that company money and move up . fear , i have none , i have been married 3 time have 4 daughters and 5 dogs , what the hell do i have to fear that i havent been thru or seen . i know that i have to answer to me and be able to sleep at nite . so i do things right . helll yes i am pissed , no balls in locating management anymore .

Years of Experience

i have been with stake center almost a year n love it.wat company pays double rime pay for any after hours locate

Years of Experience

I work for stake center and I actually can say I like my job again. The area you cover seems almost impossible at first but once you get it down its pretty cake. I have been there 2 months. You order your own supplies they show up on your doorstep in a few days. Don't really hear from my boss at all. No Saturday work. Call outs are a bare minimum. They treat you like an adult and like you actually know what your doing and basically let you just go out and do the job you're paid to do. It's honestly a night and day difference compared to usic. My stress level has dropped. I mean you still have them ass clown contractors and the usual locating stress points. My only complaint actually is the vehicle. Maybe because I'm a tall guy. But the lill single cab rangers is a cramp in the backon two hour drives. But at the same time I don't pay for gas and it's not up for being repossessed like my latest run in at sol. All around good company. Good equipment no micro management. And they aren't breathing down your neck for numbers numbers numbers. I just wish the ranger had an extended cab lol. But all is well it gets me down the road.
    UULC and daman1 like this.

Years of Experience

Ted, glad you feel that way! I was also happy working for them and was a CLS (USIC) drop out. The same was true for me, the stress was gone and I enjoyed my job again. Unfortunately haven't worked since last January when we lost a contract with Fibernet but if ever I got the call I'd be back in a heart beat! Got to admit , retirement ain't so bad! I pick up odd jobs when I want and I'm old enough for Social Security so keep on painting and enjoy your day!!!
    UULC likes this.
    I must be F#%@ing Daffy!!!

Years of Experience
    30+

Quote Originally Posted by locatethis View Post
    true for me, the stress was gone and I enjoyed my job again. Unfortunately haven't worked since last January when we lost a contract with Fibernet but if ever I got the call I'd be back in a heart beat! Got to admit , retirement ain't so bad!
    Kevin hang in there. I keep thinking something is going to break.
    daman1 likes this.

Years of Experience

Thanks Frank, I'm Hangin !
    UULC likes this.
    I must be F#%@ing Daffy!!!

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

I think since they were bought out you get paid for holidays. I heard before you got holidays off with no pay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast