Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UULC

Thread: Stake center

Years of Experience
    10yrs +
    Blog Entries

Default Stake center

Good friday fam...hope everyone has a great and safe holiday weekend....one question what utility(ies) are stake center locating in colorado? Are they even worth looking into?

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Re: Stake center

I worked for them for 6 years. I liked it. Then went to the Dark Side(contractor side).
    daman1 likes this.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Stake Center is now owned by S&N Locating. Looks like S&N is using Stake Center name and reputation to gain contracts for S&N.
    S&N management brought their way of doing things and last I heard they quit buying pickup trucks and put their locators into the cheapest subcompact cars they could get.

I am wondering if the S&N policy, unwritten but real, of no raises hit Stake Center.

Years of Experience

Already has

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by JonCrosby View Post
    Already has
    Don't worry, things will get worse.

Years of Experience

Did they say why you weren't getting a raise? We just had our evals a few weeks ago and were told Sups were approved to give up to 3% raises (The highest I've ever been offered in my working lifetime is 3-4%, so pretty standard to me). Up to 2% is based on your damages, takes 4 damages to get knocked down to 0%, and the other 1% is supervisor expectations.

I know some of the big city workers do have cars. Honestly, the cars don't bother me (I'm not a truck guy anyways). My old old company switched to cars and gave us Aveo or Versa hatchbacks. The Versa was actually really ride. Everyone I know around me right now has trucks, one guy had his ranger replaced a year ago with a Nissan truck. I just had my ranger replaced with an SUV that was about 1 1/2 years old with 27K miles, and actually has some options on it (rims, power windows, alarm, and backup cam).

Years of Experience

Stake Center locates Zayo fiber and Xcel Energy gas and electric in Colorado. Yes, they are subsidiary of S&N Communications, have been for 2.5 years. Their raises blow. It is up to 3%.... but when you start at $14 an hour, 3% is only 42 cents. Oh, and I drive a Nissan Rogue.... only supervisors get 4wd trucks... locators drive Toyota Corollas, Rogues, or Frontiers.
    Last edited by Piedog10; June 14th, 2017 at 08:53 AM.