Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stake Center

Default Stake Center

Anyone know much about this company, I am a NOOB and have been offered a job in Wyoming, I'm in NE now and just trying to get as much info before I totally commit to moving. I know Wy well. Just want to hear views on this company. Thank you all

Years of Experience

Default Re: Stake Center

never heard of it.....
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

LOL That helps

Years of Experience

sagedog - Why Wyoming with a company owned by Mormans? Not that there is anything wrong with that...... Why not move south to Kansas City? or Dallas? or east to St. Louis? Apply here..........

-----------------------------------------------------

I do know this about them the ONE locator they have in the kansas city area is oncall twenty four hours a day and only gets paid when he leaves his house he can't even schedule a vacation because they seem to never get a second man hired for there. He doesn't complain to much about it altho when ha askes us about how we do stuff he seems amased we get time off. There for awhile he even had to buy his own paint.

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Stake Center has some contracts out here in Washington and Oregon... and this sounds horrible, but.... Typical contract locating company ( at least this faction of the company)

Too many tickets, not enough locators and topped with a little splash of too little training.

just a normal Contract Cocktail.

mke

Sounds like a good company to break in with so far. Seriously though thanks. Still have time keep the comments coming

Years of Experience

If you don't want to re-locate, On Target is looking in CT.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix827 View Post
    If you don't want to re-locate, On Target is looking in CT.
    I've applied with them, have not heard back.Certainly would be more sensible . I was hoping to hear from them but in this job market I don't know how wise it is to turn things down. Maybe they'll call me but I hope its soon.

In general how many hits or bad locates is a newbie allowed before getting fired? This company is saying 2wks training. Although I believe I can do this well, cuz I ain't no dummy, seems risky to move 2000 miles just to get canned for a few learning mistakes

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    sagedog - Why not move south to Kansas City? or Dallas? or east to St. Louis?
    Contrary to what many people think, I do know which way is up, down, North, South, East and West. For some strange reason, I was led to believe you are living in Nebraska. I thought you had listed as your location as 'NE' (an abbreviation for Nebraska) and instead your in the Northeast section of America. Sorry............

Also the post from jo4jo4 just can't be right. We are all locked down to 40 hrs/week here in Kansas City with no OT budgeted for this month........ Still, I encourage you to apply at SM&P. This application is good for all our locations in 20+ states.

-------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

sagedog - Why Wyoming with a company owned by Mormans? Not that there is anything wrong with that...... Why not move south to Kansas City? or Dallas? or east to St. Louis? Apply here..........

-----------------------------------------------------
    Yeah those Mormons are horrible people. Why not get a job with a company owned by Catholics or Protestants or Baptists, Oh my. Mormons... you can trust them and all but you never know when they might do that Mormon thing they do. Ummmm... what is that Mormon thing they do? Hmmm. What is bad about working for Mormons... Wingfoot?

The only Mormon I personally ever knew was Danny White - ex Cowboy QB. Never could win the Big One.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Contrary to what many people think, I do know which way is up, down, North, South, East and West. For some strange reason, I was led to believe you are living in Nebraska. I thought you had listed as your location as 'NE' (an abbreviation for Nebraska) and instead your in the Northeast section of America. Sorry............

Also the post from jo4jo4 just can't be right. We are all locked down to 40 hrs/week here in Kansas City with no OT budgeted for this month........ Still, I encourage you to apply at SM&P. This application is good for all our locations in 20+ states.

-------------------------------------------------
    I applied. Thank You

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by sagedog View Post
    In general how many hits or bad locates is a newbie allowed before getting fired? This company is saying 2wks training. Although I believe I can do this well, cuz I ain't no dummy, seems risky to move 2000 miles just to get canned for a few learning mistakes
    If they're a company worth their weight, you won't be locating on your own for a little while after your training class anyways. Field tech work is worlds away from what they show in class. Just be sure to absorb as much technical information as possible. Understanding theory and putting it into practice comes with time and hands on experience. If they fired every noob that failed an audit the first week, NONE of us would have made it.

Just make sure you take it slow and easy once you're in the field. You really shouldn't be doing more than 6-10 single-address tickets a day for the first 2-3 weeks. Your Sup. should be screening your tickets to insure they have no HP facilities (high profile) in scope, and if you DO see HP on your prints or signs of such in scope, CALL HIM/HER!

Some words of advice - Routing efficiently is the key to success and saves you MUCH stress, LEARN IT! If you're locating phone/cable, make sure you root around good in the peds to make sure you don't miss lines. Take good pics, they've gotten me out of many a damage charge. And finally you WILL have a stress breakdown at around 3 to 6 months (trust me, everyone does), ride it out and it gets easier from there.

Good luck. It's not as easy as some seem to think, but it IS an adventure!
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast