Thread: Spring Rush

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Spring Rush

Well... IT'S HERE. The spring rush that is.

I'm overwhelmed with tickets.

My morning didn't help. It took me 45 minutes to do a 5 minute job. My prints aren't always accurate and the homeowner had a very realistic fake rock covering the ped. Oh, and right when I was finishing the job I got a call for an emergency. I showed up and it was just a service line that had been crimped already. It was about 2 feet deep and they could have repaired it with just a couple of shovels. That took another 30-40 minutes out of my day. about an hour and a half to do 2 tickets on a day when I'm swamped. I'm just going to try and keep my head above water until the weekend where I can hopefully get ahead of the game.

THEN... f***ing drivers. Working later in the day puts me in the middle of the 5-6 o'clock traffic. I'm gonna go to jail one of these days for road rage.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Default Re: Spring Rush

You know the Nationwide One Call laws dont establishing a new time frame BY LAW in emergency and short notice cases...

That 2/3 hour response time is only a private locating agreement between the facility owner and the contract locate firm.

And if I am wrong, I would like to know, or see the evidence that alters that standard time deadline.

Just a thought... Im back baby !!!

What else to do unemployed @ 2am!? HA!

Years of Experience

Started with 18 tickets yesterday. After my third locate that took two hours for a phone drop, went bck to the truck and one contractor called in 30 tickets/30addresses for tree planting. Entire prop. Left yesterday with 50 tickets.

ha. know how that goes. try bout 30 tix with 5-7 addresses per ticket. locate entire property.. they called in half the town at once and just got the second half yesterday.

Years of Experience

74 tix on my board, 12 road jobs over a mile, 3 utilities, and I think I lost my mind somewhere. I think the world may blow up soon, no help in my future.

Years of Experience

I'm being sent 2 Hours away from home every day to pick up some slack, and I am being told to keep it under 8 hours. My boss doesn't want to pay me the drive time. There are over 60 tickets on my board due up for Monday, in someone else's area, and I am being told to watch my hours. Go figure.

I believe if you have to drive more than 90 minutes to work you get paid drive time if you are working in someone else's area.

Years of Experience

I guess that depends on what a "district" is deemed. I could drive 2 hours or more, and still be in the district.... Yup, 3 am comes quick when you have to travel to the Keys from Naples.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

11 hours today and about 20 carry overs. I'm hoping tomorrow will be kinder to me.
    "Change does not always equal progress."