Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Split box question

Default Re: Split box question

I've had the A6 unit for a couple weeks now and while I can't say it does everything for me (no single instrument can) it has filled the need I had for finding troublesome cast and ductile iron pipes. Being a relatively high frequency unit (117kHz), I've had to be careful of bleed off here and there, but anyone proficient with a pipehorn or metrotech 810 should easily be able to get moving with this machine. I've used it several times now in the on handle mode and it works well in open spaces, parking lots full of cars - not so much, but that's to be expected so no surprise there. All in all I'd say for an independent locator or one doing SUE work, this tool should definitely be on your truck. It paid for itself within the first three jobs after I received it.

Aside from that, the training video that came with it was extremely thorough in explaining a lot of the physics involved in electromagnetic locating that I had learned in electronics school, but forgotten over the years. Never too old or experienced to (re)learn a new trick or two.
    Last edited by FreedMan; September 23rd, 2011 at 10:20 AM. Reason: clarity
    "You have enemies? Good! That means you've stood up for something sometime in your life." ~ Winston Churchill

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Split box question

I'm glad you are getting your monies worth. I've recomended this locator to most private locators / SUE guys and I don't think any took me serious.

I've always said that there is not Golden hook up, or Golden machine. (one that can locate everything) But this one definately fills a void that the other pieces of equipment can't do. I actually pull the split box out, before the schonstedt for looking for tanks or burried Manholes.

Congrats on the new machine.

Mke

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12