Thread: Son is leaving this week!

Default Son is leaving this week!

Well I know y'all know that my son is going overseas. He is home this weekend on a 4 day pass and then leaves this week for 14 mos. I am very proud of him, but still nervous for his safety and the fact that I WON'T be able to see him for so long. Thankfully he is not going to the sandbox.

Between hubby being gone for the last 8 weeks & son leaving this week... this locator is going a little NUTS! So, if I really don't make any sense... please excuse me for now!

Quote Originally Posted by gypsygirl View Post
    Well I know y'all know that my son is going overseas. He is home this weekend on a 4 day pass and then leaves this week for 14 mos. I am very proud of him, but still nervous for his safety and the fact that I WON'T be able to see him for so long. Thankfully he is not going to the sandbox.

Between hubby being gone for the last 8 weeks & son leaving this week... this locator is going a little NUTS! So, if I really don't make any sense... please excuse me for now!
    I have couple friends in the sandbox that have been there 3 years and do not want to come home. For some reason they like it over there. And another friend leaving in June for Afghanistan for 6months. But he is a pilot and blows shit up.
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!

Years of Experience

Cool

Gypsygirl, My nephew just recently left for his first tour he is with the seals so we do not know where he is only that it is very hot. We will add your son to our prayers. Your son and my nephew are now amoung a very elite group of people who we should all be very proud of. it is because of people like them that I can along with every american can walk around with our heads up high and say we are FREE. Thank you all who are serving, or have servered or will be going to serve.
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Gotta love this... after a lot of yes/no stuff... was told that families CAN spend 3 - 4 hours with soldiers before they leave on Thursday... hah... can't get time off to go!!! ... Oh... well..... still in shock.... guess I have been disillussioned... not anymore...

Cool please tell your son thank you

Howdy GypsyGirl,please tell your son thank you very much for serving our country ,I have a brother in the "Sandbox",may not count as he is what he calls himself 'COMBAT ATTORNEY" with the jag corps ,hope that made ya smile ,as an old Jarhead ,I would like say Semper Fi and wish him a safe journey ,happy swaggin!!!

Years of Experience

gypsy .......hang in there... Godspeed to your son and tell him i also said thank you for your service to our country!!! my prayers are with you and yours

Wish your son well and Godspeed. Semper Fi.

Years of Experience

Gypsy,
    I am sorry to hear that he has to leave again...keep your chin up.

Years of Experience

It will all work out in the end so dont worry good things do come to those who are in wait.

I went three times with the marines. It was a blast....literally. I Hope he comes home safe.

Default Hot Box

Well I got back from Baghdad less than a year ago, It was ridiculously hot, we worked 12-14 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week, and rockets constantley coming in. I would go back in a heart beat for a vacation from my lovely utility company!!!! Go figure no where near as stressfull.

Oh and I read a complaint about using contruction port o' pottys. Try using one when its 150. Its just like a poo sauna.

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Gypsy:

Our best friends nephew just left for I think a 6 month tour. The family got a wee bit of time with him so that was nice.

Every parent worries I am sure. I have not had the experience but do have friends in the States and they know better than anyone how parents feel I guess.

Godspeed to him and pass on all our good wishes here in the cablevine to him. I am sure he will be happy to hear many care!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I heard on the news recently that things are going very well over there. Actually I didn't really hear it on the news... what I heard was that you no longer hear that we are losing, that we are in a quagmire, or that we are in the middle of a civil war and whatever else they would say to make the war look bad. This means that things must be going very well. I'm sure he will be much safer than he would have a while ago.

Send him our best.

Thank you for all the encouraging words! It has meant a lot! I have spoken with him a couple of times while he was in Germany. He is heading to his final destination soon. Hopefully the year will pass quickly without incident.

Years of Experience

gypsy keep us informed.........i love this country!!!!