Thread: Son of a Beach

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Default Son of a Beach

Okay, so I have had 2 weeks of laying on the beach watching.....well...whale watching among other things if ya catch my drift.

This "livin la vida SOFA" is starting to wear a bit thin now....

Did get to climb the ruins at COBA and did some caving, rapelling and ZIP lining....how much more excitement could an old guy handle. Oh yea, almost forgot, got to watch the super bowl too...what a heart stopper that was.

Tomorrow, I am back on the sky bus and heading for the snow belt. Crap!

P.S. Met a 100 people down here...everyone one of them was from WISCONSIN....

just one comment... will the last person out of wisconsin please turn out the lights!!!
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

Default Re: Son of a Beach

i'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!! dude i'm glad you enjoyed the sightseeing!!!!!!!!!.....oh and the family time!!!!!?????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by underground quester View Post
    Okay, so I have had 2 weeks of laying on the beach watching.....well...whale watching among other things if ya catch my drift.

This "livin la vida SOFA" is starting to wear a bit thin now....
    What?! I'm confused.... Having Vida living on your sofa for the last 2 weeks is starting to wear thin? Or living with Vida for 2 weeks is wearing your sofa thin?

-----------------------------------------------------

That's ok, Norm will turn the lights off when he goes to bed tonight. LOL

Now that would cause your sofa to wear thin in a couple of weeks! Thanks Wing!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience

UQ.....Where you vacationing at?

Senior Member underground quester's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    What?! I'm confused.... Having Vida living on your sofa for the last 2 weeks is starting to wear thin? Or living with Vida for 2 weeks is wearing your sofa thin?

-----------------------------------------------------

Well, wing, talk about putting out the heavy artilary. That definately would be warfare on the sofa...and here is me bringing a knife to a gun fight!! Damn!
    P.S. Mrs. UGQ walked into the room when I was laughing my ass off...she just shook her head a left...looks like the sofa for me tonite.
    Thats quite a name she has Vida Guerra "warfare for life"

HURRICANE: do you remember HER in any of the posters you saw about joining the forces?

NOT FOR ME: We were in Playacar which is a fenced in compound next to Playa del Carmen about 45 minutes out of Cancun. At one of the all inclusives.

Funny story I have to relate about the holiday:

My wife and I (you have already seen a picture of her above)invited one of her friends along on the vacation. So, the three of us shared one room...two separate beds. And just in case anyone enquires I will quote Bill here " I did not have sex with that woman" nor did we share any cigar secrets.

She is about 120 pounds and about 5 foot six. At night though, she would tie on a snore that would make a 300 pound trucker proud!

I went downtown to Walmart (no, really, they have them here too!! The only difference is most of the crap was made in Mexico not china). I bought some of those small spongy earplug things (6 for $6.50 U.S. and I thought Walmart had this falling price thing going on...hmmmm, must be mistaken).

Anyway, the earplugs were no match for her snoring.
    She wins round one hands down!!!

So, I put in my earplugs AND turned on the air conditioner. This thing was louder than a freeking freight train and rattled more than my 1986 Mazda beater.
    She wins round two hands down!!

And I was left staring at the ceiling at 03:00 each morning, or should I say mourning!

And that my friends is the REAL reason I came home more tired than when I left. That's my story and I am sticking to it!

Let me state uncategorically that WING has NO proof anything other than what I have stated occured in Mexico while I was livin la VIDA SOFA!!!
    Last edited by underground quester; February 9th, 2009 at 11:10 PM.
    Success is a journey, not a destination...

Years of Experience

I'll be in Cozumel later this month. Just a stones throw away.