Thread: So, you think transformers are boring? Well, this artist agrees with you.

Senior Member CableAvoidanceTool's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default So, you think transformers are boring? Well, this artist agrees with you.

A few years ago I noticed some local neighborhood artist decided to paint up a transformer as a dice block. I thought it was pretty clever. I'm sure it's illegal, probably, although these transformers are already painted green anyway. So the additional paint on top shouldn't be harmful as far as I can see.

Embedded images:

Years of Experience

Default Re: So, you think transformers are boring? Well, this artist agrees with you.

I could get used to looking at that all day ...LOL
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Default Re: So, you think transformers are boring? Well, this artist agrees with you.

I actually had a homer owner's association built a building around a switch gear. I was going nut trying to find it.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    I actually had a homer owner's association built a building around a switch gear. I was going nut trying to find it.
    Had same thing, should be able to see a large switch gear enclosure. Switched to 60 cycle and found and followed mains to brick wall surrounding switch gear.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    Had same thing, should be able to see a large switch gear enclosure. Switched to 60 cycle and found and followed mains to brick wall surrounding switch gear.
    That is how I found it also in power mode