Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

Thread: So is union talk not on here?

  1. #1
    Member 4x4jw87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Albany, Indiana
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    9

    Default So is union talk not on here?

    just wanted to find out if union talk was going to be allowedfrom now on?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    I say if you want to talk union go ahead. I know that Steve is a little angry man who is no different then the greedy controling CEO's of the world. It all about power for the little guy. He got his little empire here and its going to his head. I support all my USIC brothers and sister we will fight for change even if little Steven does not like it.

  3. #3
    Senior Member locator00566's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Better Place
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    The union is being voted out here in NC. I guess USIC won this battle...for now.

    USIC=USUK

  4. #4
    Senior Member locatethis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    238
    Years of Experience
    10
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    Please, no more union talk. I must side with Steve on this very strongly. Unions, while once at the very beginning where a good thing, now have cost alot of people there jobs by forcing big greedy corporations to send there manufacturing jobs overseas! The unions just suck the life blood of companies dry, force up prices and in the log run cost jobs...

  5. #5
    Administrator TheCableVine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,943
    Years of Experience
    16
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    I pulled the plug for two reasons.

    1st reason was That LocatingArt's attitude sucked. The attitude that I need to be a "good guy" and be quiet hit me wrong. Those weren't his words but when you tell someone "why don't you be a good guy" what else can you mean.

    2nd, it was late and I didn't want to deal with it.

    So, I haven't pulled the plug on union talk. There are other union threads on here if you do a search. Union talk has always taken place.

    What I don't like is the propoganda.
    USIC does not care what you guys try to do. In they eyes you have lost. You are shit to them. Its all about the customer and stockholders. They dont care about you or your families!!! I promise you....
    Is that really true. There are posts on here where people say they have no problems in their area. I'm sure some offices suck real bad, while others are a pleasure to work in. In a large company like that you'll run into that.

    I know that Steve is a little angry man who is no different then the greedy controling CEO's of the world
    Again, more propoganda. All CEO's are bad. What a brilliant statement.

    If you are not a employee of USIC as a Locator you should keep your comments to yourself. Go USIC brotherhood of Locators!!!! We support you!!!
    Sit down and shut up!!! And, why? You don't want different opinions?

    Please allow us to come together as one group and one voice.
    Again, you don't want more than one voice. I'd much rather hear many voices on the subject.

    This kind of talk doesn't promote civil discussion. It promotes hate and animosity.

    It's early and I have to get to work. I tried to be a bit more articulate to get across my feelings on the matter but I'm approaching go time. I'm not closing down union discussion. I'm closing down the attitude that comes from the union side. Just keep it civil and respectful. Keep it to one thread. Different threads were starting to pop up and all I could envision was the place getting out of control with union threads. I'll open up the Union thread and it can continue from there.

    I banned LocatingArt. I didn't want to prove him wrong.

    Thanks for the good word, LocateThis.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

  6. #6
    Senior Member locator00566's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Better Place
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    USIC sucks, plain and simple. Those of you who do not work for USIC have no clue whats going on with them so keep your opinions to yourself about how good or bad USIC is as a company. I live this nightmare of a company everyday and have every right to speak the truth about it. Trying to censor the truth is a joke.

    And no I do not support the Union...Never have and never will.
    Last edited by locator00566; November 9th, 2011 at 04:25 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    around the corner
    Posts
    552
    Years of Experience
    21
    Rep Power
    32

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    locatior00566 I have the exact opposite opinion of usic I have not 1 single complaint. I go to work every day do my job and get very well compensated for it, no union for me.

  8. #8
    Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    1,808
    Years of Experience
    20
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    93

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    WTF! I get busy at work and ignore the forum for a week and all hell breaks loose. LocatingArt pissed Steve off enough to get banned. And let me tell you folks, that is a true accomplishment, Steve has the patience of a saint and 10,000 times more tolerance for Bullshit on this site than I would have. Count your blessings Steve runs this place, and not me......

    Steve, isn't this your 2nd dance with LocatingArt? I seem to recall that numbnuts creating problems here once before.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia


  9. #9
    Administrator TheCableVine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    2,943
    Years of Experience
    16
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    134

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    Yes, it is. Your memory is better than mine, though. I saw that I gave him an infraction a while back for insulting other members. I don't recall what was said. I guess I could do a search but I'm not too worried about it. He attacked me so instead of a 2nd infraction I just banned him. He called me an angry little man. In the middle east I guess that is one of the worst insults you can hurl at a person besides a shoe.

    See what happens when you don't come by so often.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

  10. #10
    Premium Member daman1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Off the deep end
    Posts
    1,125
    Years of Experience
    17 years
    Rep Power
    54

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o4W06CQbcw

    That's funny. You dodged it almost as well as GWB

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCableVine View Post
    Yes, it is. Your memory is better than mine, though. I saw that I gave him an infraction a while back for insulting other members. I don't recall what was said. I guess I could do a search but I'm not too worried about it. He attacked me so instead of a 2nd infraction I just banned him. He called me an angry little man. In the middle east I guess that is one of the worst insults you can hurl at a person besides a shoe.

    See what happens when you don't come by so often.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    821
    Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs
    Rep Power
    41

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    Quote Originally Posted by locator00566 View Post
    USIC sucks, plain and simple. Those of you who do not work for USIC have no clue whats going on with them so keep your opinions to yourself about how good or bad USIC is as a company. I live this nightmare of a company everyday and have every right to speak the truth about it. Trying to censor the truth is a joke.

    And no I do not support the Union...Never have and never will.
    Refer to: If you are not a employee of USIC as a Locator you should keep your comments to yourself. Go USIC brotherhood of Locators!!!! We support you!!! An earlier quote by the union guy i believe it was

    DUDE really? We Have no clue? Anyone the browses through these posts get an eyeful of the stuff going on in USIC. I am a former employee of USIC. I talk to USIC employees in my own area and get an earful of what is going on. I also still chat with USIC employees from my old district in another state and hear all of it and I am thinking they are open to listening to a union rep. also my best friends still works for USIC and he keeps me abreast of all the BS you guys are going through. Steve was not censoring truth, he was attempting to censor propaganda. The union guy was generalizing it and speculating. Now it may feel like it or actually be truthful that the people in the crystal tower do not care but until it is a known as a fact it is all opinion and speculation. In my opinion I do believe they do not give a shit about us locators and our families.

  12. #12
    Junior Member Gforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    Support the Union in Wisconsin. The Share holders are making so much money it is not even funny. The management makes bonuses from our work, our locates, our sweat. Yet they squeeze every cent from us. Don't believe management, they will say anything now to save their asses. S****, D****, and S**** are going down with the ship. Talk about A-holes!! We locators MUST come together and stand up for our rights. We get damages we loose our bonus Right? A manager plays with the numbers to make him look good. He gets the bonus you don't. But you never hear about a manager getting a bonus because it is hush hush! Lets get it done now. Sloman, follow me again and will get my foot in your ass!

    More to come
    Last edited by TheCableVine; November 11th, 2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Please do not use peoples names, especially when calling them A-holes.

  13. #13
    Senior Member locator00566's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    A Better Place
    Posts
    319
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    Refer to: If you are not a employee of USIC as a Locator you should keep your comments to yourself. Go USIC brotherhood of Locators!!!! We support you!!! An earlier quote by the union guy i believe it was

    DUDE really? We Have no clue? Anyone the browses through these posts get an eyeful of the stuff going on in USIC. I am a former employee of USIC. I talk to USIC employees in my own area and get an earful of what is going on. I also still chat with USIC employees from my old district in another state and hear all of it and I am thinking they are open to listening to a union rep. also my best friends still works for USIC and he keeps me abreast of all the BS you guys are going through. Steve was not censoring truth, he was attempting to censor propaganda. The union guy was generalizing it and speculating. Now it may feel like it or actually be truthful that the people in the crystal tower do not care but until it is a known as a fact it is all opinion and speculation. In my opinion I do believe they do not give a shit about us locators and our families.
    Dude like I said you do not work for them. You do not know what goes on day to day.

  14. #14
    Senior Member [HAF]Foxtrot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pipehorn Kingdom
    Posts
    146
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    When did the Union train pull in? I ain't been on in months and I look like half of the posts are Union.

    Unions hurt business but not nearly as bad as the corrupt government. When the Fed's raided Gibson guitar and the CEO told them that their wood was perfectly legal, The Feds told them they didn't care. If they didn't like it then move the company out of the country. The mafia style government works in such a way that if you don't pay them off they will shake you down.

    I might be wrong but the last person I saw banned on here was that USIC guy that was a dick.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    454
    Years of Experience
    15
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Re: So is union talk not on here?

    Quote Originally Posted by [HAF]Foxtrot View Post
    When did the Union train pull in? I ain't been on in months and I look like half of the posts are Union.

    Unions hurt business but not nearly as bad as the corrupt government. When the Fed's raided Gibson guitar and the CEO told them that their wood was perfectly legal, The Feds told them they didn't care. If they didn't like it then move the company out of the country. The mafia style government works in such a way that if you don't pay them off they will shake you down.

    I might be wrong but the last person I saw banned on here was that USIC guy that was a dick.
    You sure you have your facts straight friend? Henry Juskiewicz doesn't source any of Gibson's wood directly. Much of the ebony and mahogany are sourced from a German distributor who has been in loads of hot water lately. Henry has had many of his Tea Party buddies harping in the press about how they were railroaded by the feds. Trouble is, they have been raided twice. And the wood has been sourced illegally from two different countries, India and Madagascar. If Gibson was making anything of quaility these days, you might have my sympathy. They are not in my experience. I purchase three Les Pauls in two years, and all three were defective. The last one was easily the worst Gibson I have played in the past 40 years. Paul Reed Smith and Taylor get my business these days.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •