Thread: Snow Removal Tickets

Default Snow Removal Tickets

Has anyone else had these?
    Three length of road jobs, curb to curb and 10' onto private property, town was removing snow, they were concerned about hitting transformers and pedestals, no premarks.

In my opinion, these are not One Call related as they are not breaking ground, butttttttt our contract states that we have to protect all equipment owned by our customer. We did end up marking the enclosures using metal detectors and charging our customers on an hourly basis.

How would you guys have handled these?

Mke
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Snow Removal Tickets

We don't have that much snow around here, but what we get is "Ditch Cleaning". There is no digging taking place, all they are doing is mowing the blackberries and weeds along side of the road. The only thing we would do, is travel down the road, and point an arrow to any above ground feature they might come in contact with.

I thought Poles were pretty evident, but I had a mower hit a drop attatched to the pole, and tried to blame me for the damage because I didn't have an arrow in the street pointing to the Pole.

These we charged by footage. Every 500' was a Charge.

Mke

Years of Experience

we locate these for quest after big snows the county tells us where to mark and we put arrows in the road also. you should see what one of those does to a steel 8" ped nothing left above ground , didn't even break the shear pin on the blower. we found a chunk of the ped 300 ft out in a bean field

Years of Experience

Highway 52 North of Dubuque, Iowa near Rickardsville - Feb 2011

--------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

i have some questions about the Dubuque, IA picture. I have been around Ia and it is mostly corn. My friends live less than an hour Dubuque and north of it and do not have that much snow. Finally when did they change the direction of cr travel in iowa? they are driving on the wrong side of the road in that picture

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    i have some questions about the Dubuque, IA picture. I have been around Ia and it is mostly corn. My friends live less than an hour Dubuque and north of it and do not have that much snow. Finally when did they change the direction of cr travel in iowa? they are driving on the wrong side of the road in that picture
    Lol, I was about to reply to that too. Glad I kept scrolling.

Pegged again Wing!
    Character is what you are in the dark. It is the things you do, when nobody can see, and nobody will ever know, that define who you are as an individual.

"Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have ... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." Thomas Jefferson

Per Scientiam Vires!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post

Highway 52 North of Dubuque, Iowa near Rickardsville - Feb 2011

I have some questions about the Dubuque, IA picture. I have been around Ia and it is mostly corn. My friends live less than an hour Dubuque and north of it and do not have that much snow. Finally when did they change the direction of cr travel in iowa? they are driving on the wrong side of the road in that picture
    Yikes! I blindly cut and paste this photo off a corporate USIC email commenting on the 12 feet of snow cover on a pine tree covered Iowa mountain top along Highway 52 north of Dubuque, Iowa! I guess I missed the small fact all the vehicles pictured are traveling on the wrong side of the road. You 'Viners need to be a little forgiving because Wingfoot is not one to believe the people in corporate would ever send out a message that is pure, fabricated BULLSHIT.............

----------------------------------------------------------

Years of Experience
    30+

Wing, you are forgiven...... You always come up with the best.

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I actually got 1 of these tickets last year for the City of Chama. 1, hah, it said to mark each and every street and alley for snow removal in Chama, New Mexico. Now Chama is not that big, maybe 50 streets in all. But add the alleys, and having to dig peds out or just plain find the buried peds. Daunting task to be sure as there was 5-6 feet of snow all over. I called the PRC. I was told because The City of Chama technically were not removing earth this ticket was not a valid one-call. Made my day. I am sure in the future a new rule will come along and we locators will have to do this kind of call.
    Work smarter not harder!!!

Years of Experience

pretty much the same concept for us getting tickets for mowing so the dot dont bushhog the peds

Years of Experience

Hey, just think of the extra work we'll get as a result of the big snow. Utility pedestals on the sides of the roads have been obliterated, signs have been knocked down, mailboxes destroyed, poles broken.....they'll have to call in tickets to replace all that stuff!
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.