Thread: Slush Fund for Locators-

Years of Experience
    na

Default Slush Fund for Locators-

I think our companys should help us all by creating a slush fund to be doled out to fellow locators who cant make ends meet...layoffs,bills, hours, medical, emergencys...

It would be a fitting democratic thing to do and help usher in a new era of policies and agendas after the election that are about giving to others that cant provide for themselves...

Years of Experience

Default Re: Slush Fund for Locators-

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    I think our companys should help us all by creating a slush fund to be doled out to fellow locators who cant make ends meet...layoffs,bills, hours, medical, emergencys...

It would be a fitting democratic thing to do and help usher in a new era of policies and agendas after the election that are about giving to others that cant provide for themselves...

Dude, whatever you are smoking I want some. Wait, I can't have any; piss tests and all. Don't we already give to others who can't provide for themselves? I think it's called welfare. Sure, I am willing to give even more money from my paycheck for "social causes" so someone doesn't need to work. I think that my kids will understand that more of dad's paycheck is going to some POS that makes no effort to further themselves.
    "It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip someone the bird"

Hey.........pull my finger!!!!!!!!!!

Years of Experience

Bubba - Bubba - Bubba - The SIC 1 was making reference to one of our own. Not the low life pant loads we see every day in the streets.

We do have workman's compensation coverage provided for free to the locator. Without supplemental coverage, locators forced under workman's compensation for an extended period usually go broke and their credit turns to shit. Short term disability and long term disability coverage complements workman's compensation and is available for those locators who elect this protection with payroll deducted premiums.

policies and agendas after the election that are about giving to others that cant provide for themselves...
    Charity is well and fine provided that government isn't MANDATING it. I'd be in favor of VOLUNTARILY giving to someone who has fallen on hard times but I don't want a corrupt gov telling me that I HAVE to.

Years of Experience

since you guys brought this up I am looking into starting a not for profit area for just this reason I have been tring to do some extensive searching for grants and programs that will allow me to do something for all of us. I Know what it is like being down I am still not able to make ends meet but the kindness of the vine has me motivated to try to help you the way you special few helped me. any I deas would be greatly appreaciated. the way I want it to work is if you are between jobs or sick and out of sick time or a real verifable conflict that is making it hard for you to make ends meet I want to be able to get enought to atc least help get food on the table or get one months mortgage or rent paid. It is not off the table yet so do not be knocking yet I have a lot to do so any help and advice would be great.................
    TO FORGIVE IS DIVINE BUT TOO FORGET IS STUPID

Years of Experience

thumbs up to the idea!!!!!!!!!!! but maintaining the idea is going to be a major hurdle to cross!!!!!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Wingfoot View Post
    Bubba - Bubba - Bubba - The SIC 1 was making reference to one of our own. Not the low life pant loads we see every day in the streets.

We do have workman's compensation coverage provided for free to the locator. Without supplemental coverage, locators forced under workman's compensation for an extended period usually go broke and their credit turns to shit. Short term disability and long term disability coverage complements workman's compensation and is available for those locators who elect this protection with payroll deducted premiums.
    Wing - I guess it was the part that SIC1 brought up about about new policies and agendas for those who can't fend for themselves that got my britches in a bunch. What he said was a broad, general statement that in my mind included the low life shitheaps that we see each day. I know who you are speaking of and I agree that a "slush fund" to help those who are truely in need would be a great asset. Locating is such a profit driven and cut-throat environment that I don't think that any company would ever set this up. You are either a shark or a minnow. On a different note, my junker Dodge truck got a huge breath of fresh air with the headers. The neighbors are lovin' it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blunderbuss View Post
    I'd be in favor of VOLUNTARILY giving to someone who has fallen on hard times
    I have had several instances this summer with employees having a death in the family and no vacation time accrued and immediate family emergencies and have put the call out for people to donate vacation hours but nobody is willing. With the way the economy is, how willing are we to VOLUNTARILY donate hours. My yearly release is 10 days of snowboarding in the mountains and I admit that I am also hard pressed to give up any of my vacation days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I have had several instances this summer with employees having a death in the family and no vacation time accrued and immediate family emergencies and have put the call out for people to donate vacation hours but nobody is willing. With the way the economy is, how willing are we to VOLUNTARILY donate hours. My yearly release is 10 days of snowboarding in the mountains and I admit that I am also hard pressed to give up any of my vacation days.

I have donated vacation hours a couple of times and declined a couple of times. I don't donate to people who burn their own hours as soon as they accumulate them and therefore have nothing saved back for emergencies.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    thumbs up to the idea!!!!!!!!!!! but maintaining the idea is going to be a major hurdle to cross!!!!!!!!

Good job cmon over to the blue side!!! Sprays getting closer...

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    Good job cmon over to the blue side!!! Sprays getting closer...

Don't hold your breath! I really dislike the choices we have. I do not respect anyone who's entire adult life, other than Military service, has been spent feeding at the Public Trough.
    Unless something drastic happens, I'm still voting independent. In case you are wondering, McCain has a large lead here in Texas and my vote wouldn't help him or Obama.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.