Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sick/Personell Days

Default Re: Sick/Personel Days

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    Is this something thats regular in this industry? I can't help but wonder why they give me these Vacation/Sick hours if they don't ever want me to take them!

I'm pretty much fed up with the way I have been treated from my Company, so much I am considering quitting very soon!
    Yes, this is regular in this industry. Your sup used to deliver pizzas for a living, and he had a very hard time "managing" those inanimate objects.

They give you the personal / vacation time so they don't have to pay you a living wage in the winter when there is no work.

They hope you will quit. Then they can hire someone more "pliable" than you. You obviously have a mind, and can think for yourself. You simply will not work out in this industry, unless of course, you enjoy the misery. Good Luck!

Default Re: Sick/Personell Days

It's that invisible cherry kool-aid. I've been drinking it for years. I swear that it's spiked with something, but I just can't put my finger on it. If I'm sick. I call the sup early in the morning. If he starts to get pissed, then I hang up. Must be a bad connection in the house. Then I will forward an email that also mentions the bad connection to CYA. Can't get in trouble for that. Crank up the ovens, It's time for some of that hot and buttery cornbread.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

I like sweet, jalapeno cornbread!
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

How it works around here is if your sick your sick, take the day off.. If the rest of the team is overloaded that day then I (the sup) will run your area till your better.

Some sups are some d**n lazy they will not get in the dirt anymore because they are too comfortable on the their couch watching TV all day or sitting in the office doing absolutely nothing, unfortunately these are the more common type.

Years of Experience

yes we all get that nonsense from the sups.... tell him bluntly that you want to take off a sick day and you'll let him know how it turns out at the end of the day ......if the cursing starts hang up!!! you do not have to put up with that mess at all from no company.if he is a man....he'll apoligize soon enough!!! if not then you know what type of person you'll continue working for!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Geez! You all must have some horrible sups. We don't have that issue here and we are swamped, but we cover each other.

Years of Experience

we dont have these problems here but i know some other folks that have to deal with these issues......when you're sick you are sick!!!!! do everyone a favor and take off and get well!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by bareclaw View Post
    How it works around here is if your sick your sick, take the day off.. If the rest of the team is overloaded that day then I (the sup) will run your area till your better.
    Thats what we got here too. If my boss went off on me like that for being sick I woul probably quit on the spot. Thats bs!

Years of Experience

If you are sick you are sick. I could see it if the person was doing it all the time. You get the time you take it. Managers and sups just have to deal with it, maybe actually have to do some work that day. Sounds to me like it is lazy supervisor syndrome.

I crawl in, I don't call in

I sprained my ankle running one night, and another time I legitimately had food poisoning.(BK Tendercrisp- Don't eat it) So, two days out of 6 months and one week. Still, to me, that's shady...If I were a boss, I'd wanna see a guy go six months with zero days calling in...But we get alot of guys calling in at times, and you just know it's for BS reasons especially if it always is on a Monday..

We had this one guy call in for 3-4 days after the hurricane claiming he was sick. lets just say i had my doubts
    "The truth is rarely pure and never simple"-Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by scap View Post
    I crawl in, I don't call in

I sprained my ankle running one night, and another time I legitimately had food poisoning.(BK Tendercrisp- Don't eat it) So, two days out of 6 months and one week. Still, to me, that's shady...If I were a boss, I'd wanna see a guy go six months with zero days calling in...But we get alot of guys calling in at times, and you just know it's for BS reasons especially if it always is on a Monday..

We had this one guy call in for 3-4 days after the hurricane claiming he was sick. lets just say i had my doubts

The last time I called in I had double pneumonia and the flu, with a temp of about 105. I was off a day and a half.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12