Thread: Sent to my death bed!

Years of Experience

Default Sent to my death bed!

Well, Peoria is popin again. Just got the call that up north is going under and I was picked to go up there and work for a week. "So, What does that mean Mr.USIC82?" hahaha Let me tell you little one. How does 30 late tickets sound, and expected to get done that a day in a 5 to 7 way area????OOHHH Mr.USIC82 how would that be possible without ever doing the area and never located water before? I do not know small grasshopper. time to ride out the storm after the storm of 110+ straight days of heat. God help us all.........
    Wish me luck guys. I'm going to need it..
    Last edited by USIC82; July 9th, 2012 at 07:32 PM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Sent to my death bed!

Be careful USIC82... especially with the heat... I remember being sent to Champaign and then to Rockport to help when I was with CUS a few yrs. ago up there...

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. My sister died of dehydration as a baby, so that's the first thing out of a family member's mouth when it comes to illness or heat.

The instant you feel thirsty, your brain's ability to function has dropped 10%, so keep up with the fluids. Isotonics (Gatorade, Powerade, Etc) and enhanced water are better for you than regular water. I'm not really a fan of them, so I just stick with straight water.

When I was a locator, I kept four sport bottles (flip-cap) of water with me, plus two frozen bottles to thaw out throughout the day. Take care of yourself, USIC82.

Years of Experience

TMINTH has it right. DRINK LOTS OF WATER.

I buy the Gatorade powder mix packs down at the local BISCO. (Bonneville Industrial Supply Co.) for $1.30 a pack. A pack makes a gallon. A huge savings over purchasing them at the store. I drink about a half gallon a day. I should actually be drinking more cause when I get home I still drink about 3 more glasses throughout the evening.

Oh, and good luck with the past due tickets.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

You guy's still got your own mechanic at the office 82?

Years of Experience

good luck up there!!! one ticket at a time !
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

You were picked to go help out? There's guys up north that would be lining up at the offer to go downstate and help out.
    My boots may be red but I'm no clown.

Years of Experience

Well it was
    More forced to go. I didn't have any choice.

Years of Experience

So, it wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be, but I can see why people dont like this place.
    I was giving some pretty easy tickets minus a few ugly locates.Every ticket up there had 9 different utility codes to bill out and the ones that did take me awhile had several fibers and HP gas mains which was only single address tickets. it also seemed there was some kinda of major construction on every major block.
    the worse one I had was a empty lot that had 2 ATT fibers, a major duct package, 3 ATT copper cables, 1 mcloud fiber, a Three phase line (that wasnt on print.) 2 primary lines, 3 services, 2 gas mains (that also were not on print) 3 gas services, and 1 comcast cable. All for a ticket that says "Potholing" and the head guy for the company that called it in came up to me asking why im marking the lot... All in all, it took me almost 3 hours to do this single address lot and From the road, I would say about 50-75 feet into the lot was marked with something.
    forgot to mention the sewer main also.
    This is normal locates throughout the city. its no wonder people are quitting up here. Even a seasoned locator of 9 years it would be a nightmare, and they are sticking newbies (guys straight out of training in this area). I think USIC has taken on way to much and cant handle it.
    I have to say though that the supervisor runnning this area is a really good guy and deff has balls. Hats off to you sir

Years of Experience

a newbe would probably have quit before that job was completely done .....or he would have missed at least 3 utilities.....????
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

I'm glad you are still with us, USIC82!