Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By paintitnow

Thread: A Samuel L. Jackson Winter

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default A Samuel L. Jackson Winter

Enough is enough! I have had it with all this *%!#@!!* snow on this *%!#@!!* plane!

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Re: A Samuel L. Jackson Winter

Pro Lo it is nice down here. Just ask your brother.

http://ftpcontent5.worldnow.com/wfla..._temps_dma.jpg

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by UULC View Post
    Pro Lo it is nice down here. Just ask your brother.

http://ftpcontent5.worldnow.com/wfla..._temps_dma.jpg
    I have an app on my personal phone tells me Tampa weather, read it daily. Beats hearing my brother gloat on the phone.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I am getting to old for this snow. I only have a 30" inseam and a bad hammy hard to stretch over those snow banks at times. I stepped over one and about two steps later found the ditch line and face planted myself. Over 2 feet of snow and not packed and trying to brace myself to get up. Also fell backwards and my fat ass put a good size dent into the snow. I looked like a turtle on it's back or that kid from a christmas story all bundled up.
    daman1 likes this.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by paintitnow View Post
    I am getting to old for this snow. I only have a 30" inseam and a bad hammy hard to stretch over those snow banks at times. I stepped over one and about two steps later found the ditch line and face planted myself. Over 2 feet of snow and not packed and trying to brace myself to get up. Also fell backwards and my fat ass put a good size dent into the snow. I looked like a turtle on it's back or that kid from a christmas story all bundled up.
    BEGIN RANT

Just wait. When the thaw starts, the ground begins to heave. Water lines and gas pressure fittings start popping. Even the 30 year veteran utility guys haven't seen the frost line so deep. All they talk about is how bad it's going to get. Emergencies non stop. All the while, every broke contractor in town who sat at home for months calling in project work trying to force start the dig season. Soaking wet by 9am. Frozen snow piles won't hold your weight anymore. 200 lbs of wet snow covering your fiber pit and nothing but a trench shovel to deal with it. Jaggasses blaming it all on global warming each evening.

I miss the old days when I didn't see it coming. Ignorance truly is bliss sometimes. I'm getting too old for this crap too. Shoulda took that job greeting people at Walmart.

Minimum wage probably going to be a dollar less than I make pretty soon anyways.

END RANT
    Feel much better now. Thanx for listening guys

Years of Experience

You forgot to mention the pot holes in the road. Already I need the front end and my spine realigned.

Quote Originally Posted by daman1 View Post
    BEGIN RANT

Just wait. When the thaw starts, the ground begins to heave. Water lines and gas pressure fittings start popping. Even the 30 year veteran utility guys haven't seen the frost line so deep. All they talk about is how bad it's going to get. Emergencies non stop. All the while, every broke contractor in town who sat at home for months calling in project work trying to force start the dig season. Soaking wet by 9am. Frozen snow piles won't hold your weight anymore. 200 lbs of wet snow covering your fiber pit and nothing but a trench shovel to deal with it. Jaggasses blaming it all on global warming each evening.

I miss the old days when I didn't see it coming. Ignorance truly is bliss sometimes. I'm getting too old for this crap too. Shoulda took that job greeting people at Walmart.

Minimum wage probably going to be a dollar less than I make pretty soon anyways.

END RANT
    Feel much better now. Thanx for listening guys

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    You forgot to mention the pot holes in the road. Already I need the front end and my spine realigned.
    They're not so bad around here. We just drive accross the tops of the last car to go into them.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I have a section of state hwy not potholing but wavy, Sad thing is they are about to start a bypass and state probably will not fix it. It is winter and I put in 41 hours of regular hours and 18 hours of on call this week. It would of been more on call but some of the call outs were where usic locates the gas. Around 1500 it seems as it cools down water mains start popping.