Thread: S&N Locating and USIC in negotiation?

Question S&N Locating and USIC in negotiation?

As we all know, most rumors that float around are true. Not sure if this is true or not, just curious if anyone has heard anything. Rumor that is currently going around the field right now is that S&N might possibly be bought out by USIC. I believe S&N signed an all in one contract with Verizon for their services so that S&N locates & installs BAU, FTTP, etc. I may be wrong but, I think that was the type of contract they signed since they are currently doing this in VA anyway. Can anyone confirm the rumors? This would open up a new world for both companies and may be worth being employed by either. Thanks.

Years of Experience

Default Re: S&N Locating and USIC in negotiation?

Very doubtful as you answered your own question.. Verizon wants and has a single source provider..
    But you never know in this industry..

Some other news just hit the fan though; ill make a new thread if one hasnt already started.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Anything is possible but I doubt this one. S&N Locating is owned by S&N Communications which has the installation contract with Verizon Virginia. Together they are the single source provider for Virginia Verizon. USIC would have to buy out the controlling interest in both firms, just buying S&N Locating would cause the contract to be dropped by Verizon and overnight the stock would lose most of it's value.

I doubt the two founders would sell their shares and become puppets of USIC management. I just don't think they would go from being the kings to being servants of USIC.

There is always a vulnerability. Years ago controlling interest was sold to an investment company in Texas and I do not know if those controlling shares were bought back. If not then any firm could make an offer to the investment firm to buy those share and gain control over at least the construction parent company.

USIC, and Utiliquest from which it was cloned, needs to increase their number of contracts and both firms do this by buying out firms that hold contracts they want. So there is always a rumor of them negotiating to buy out some firm.

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

I wouldn't put it past the boneheads at USIC. They already have more contracts than they can handle in some areas, and shortstaffed in many of their service areas.

I wonder when they will go after WalMart.....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...