Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ProfessionalLocator

Thread: S&N Locating - It's past and it's current changes

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Default S&N Locating - It's past and it's current changes

I hear SN Locating has under their new owners of about two years ago has had a significant change of leadership I hear the CEO no longer has control of locating.

You have to understand the management structure of S&N, rot from the top. S&N Locating was created when S&N Construction wanted a Verizon contract in Virginia. Verizon told them they wanted them for the installation contract it requires the bidders to also provide locating. So S&N Locating was created to get the construction contract. Management of S&N Locating was a disaster because although a separate corporation was almost fully controlled by construction management, The CEO had no interest in locating and management structure was the same as construction. The management jobs almost exclusively went to family and friends of the construction management which was dominated by their family and friends. If a family member or friend of the CEO or those family and friends he had hired did not want the job then qualified people from locating were recruited.

I hear that on of the surviving management from taken over StakeCenter Locating is in control now and the old CEO does not control him. That guy was saddled with a management team that needed a massive purge and years of reeducation of most of management.

M hat is off to Steve Roarke who struggled through trying to make locating the best in the nation. Back then I had spoken with him many times and he knew how to operate locating properly. But every move he tried to make was countermanded by the construction people. IF I were Steve I would have left S&N to work for a competitor but he hung in there still trying. Being the visible person at the top he unjustly got the blame for the things corporate management imposed.
    Last edited by ProfessionalLocator; February 5th, 2019 at 07:43 AM.

Years of Experience

Default Re: S&N Locating - It's past and it's current changes

that company will never be able to pick a contract up here in this state after their last performance. they are better off changing their name and starting over I think . I can still remember T. Belfords words ringing in my ears , the CEO of that company at the time of picking up the contract here. " I can work that entire contract with all newbies " .
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    that company will never be able to pick a contract up here in this state after their last performance. they are better off changing their name and starting over I think . I can still remember T. Belfords words ringing in my ears , the CEO of that company at the time of picking up the contract here. " I can work that entire contract with all newbies " .
    The CEO was Allen Powell. Tony Belford was Senior Director of Operations & Business Development of Stake Center Locating. Stake Center had by then had it's majority interest, if not all of it, bought by S&N. I heard it was Stake Center that won the contract and S&N took half of it for their own S&N Locating. S&N had complete control of Stake Center and was the real power behind all decisions. From what I know of S&N operation Belford would not have been able to implement anything without the permission of S&N. I heard that the new majority shareholders of S&N removed Powell from control of locating and relegated to the construction division. I believe that Belford is now controlling things for all locating for both companies.
    Last edited by ProfessionalLocator; February 6th, 2019 at 12:19 PM.

Years of Experience

I have to wonder if we are going to see these people pop up again on the scene ??? maybe under a different name ??
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by yahoo View Post
    I have to wonder if we are going to see these people pop up again on the scene ??? maybe under a different name ??
    One thing I learned about about the locate industry management. They are an incestuous lot and keep showing up in bed together.
    yahoo likes this.

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by professionallocator View Post
    one thing i learned about about the locate industry management. They are an incestuous lot and keep showing up in bed together.
    lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!