Thread: Retirement

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default Retirement

Thought I would share this with everyone in the hopes that you get on it right away.

I screwed up and waited to start on my retirement. Now I'm playing catch up when I could probably be retired today if I had started when I was 18 with my very first job.

I'm reading a book on getting rich... SLOWLY. It tells you how to invest and how to save money for your future. Some people are retiring with respectable portfolios and all they have been doing is putting a couple thousand dollars a year in their retirement since they were young.

You don't have to have a great job to retire a millionaire, just the discipline to invest monthly without fail. You don't have to throw in huge amounts... just 100 to 200 dollars a month and you could retire a millionaire. This is a great case for telling the "Rabbit and the Hare" story but I think you can figure it out.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Default Re: Retirement

Check out the "Dave Ramsey Program" He has changed the way I look at money

Years of Experience
    17 years

I Like Clark Howard. Clark Howard: Save More, Spend Less and Avoid Rip-offs | www.clarkhoward.com . I learned from his radio show years ago how paying half your mortgage every two weeks rather than all of it once a month can save you tens of thousands over the life of a home loan. I talked to an accountant about it and it's absolutely true. No shady legal tricks to it.
    Since your interest is calculated monthly, paying half of it each two weeks lowers your principle debt by that much at the end of the month. The end of the month balance is what your interest is calculated on. The principle will be a few hundred bucks lower than it normally would. It adds up to some real savings if you start near the beginning of a your home mortgage.
    I've gotten tons of little smart ideas from his show over the years.

Years of Experience

thanks for that Steve...I totally agree
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato