Thread: Restructuring areas?

Default Restructuring areas?

With all the other happy promising news from USIC, I have heard that they are restructuring the groups within the Districts to cut staff while covering a bigger area with less supervisors. Anyone else with USIC having these issues?

Locating both sides of the road, so the chicken can bore underneath it...
    Years of Experience
    too many

Default Re: Restructuring areas?

Quote Originally Posted by HPMadness View Post
    With all the other happy promising news from USIC, I have heard that they are restructuring the groups within the Districts to cut staff while covering a bigger area with less supervisors. Anyone else with USIC having these issues?
    From what I have seen, most areas of USIC here in NC are already shorthanded and have been for at least two years now....
    "No, installing your fence is NOT an emergency"...

- or -

"It's call BEFORE you dig, not AFTER you've hit something."

Yes, my avatar does describe my attitude towards many others...

Years of Experience

My district is safe as it sits. Standard turnover took a couple new heads already, so we've got the right amount (One extra in one crew). I just keep my nose down and do work. I think that this combined with good numbers and the relatively small wage I'm being paid will at least guarantee me a job through the winter, but I've kinda been pissing my DM off recently. I'll keep ya updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjoythefall View Post
    My district is safe as it sits. Standard turnover took a couple new heads already, so we've got the right amount (One extra in one crew). I just keep my nose down and do work. I think that this combined with good numbers and the relatively small wage I'm being paid will at least guarantee me a job through the winter, but I've kinda been pissing my DM off recently. I'll keep ya updated.

Well, keep us posted and I will do the same! Just found out big news is coming tomorrow for our area.
    I know that in my area right now, we are about 2 guys shy of what we need in the field. Well, of course the DM will not give the ok for some of us to come off of RIF to give a hand. I have heard from several contractors that are very pissed off that their tickets are not getting done on time due to this RIF period. This will come back and bite them in the ass.

Years of Experience

I can see where there could be significant cost savings of combining some districts, doing away with some of the non-productive job titles and salary's and maybe placing those folks in the field - you know, the dead weight.
    Heard that help is on the way for NC and SC.

I heard yesterday that 25 from USIC side got cut from Tulsa. CUS side came out unscathed! Go Figure!

Years of Experience
    All of them

Quote Originally Posted by Reece View Post
    I heard yesterday that 25 from USIC side got cut from Tulsa. CUS side came out unscathed! Go Figure!
    That doesn't sound accurate....CUS didn't have anything in Tulsa before the merger.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I have heard that they were restructuring northern IL. I think someone on the vine said that they have closed some HR offices and took them back into the crystal towers. Also I heard rumors of they restructuring the QAM ad some might have to cove multiple states

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Reece View Post
    Tulsa did not lose 25. They would be up the creek if that haappened. I know people there.