Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Remember contract locators ONLY FUEL UP ON THE CLOCK !!!

Years of Experience
    na

Default Remember contract locators ONLY FUEL UP ON THE CLOCK !!!

We still expect you to abide and execute DRIVE CAM standards OFF THE CLOCK though...

Yes. I agree to be responsible for the company vehicle during off hours. But that should not be subject to executing an exceptional standard beyond what the state driving laws require unless I am still being compensated for this exceptional standard...

I believe one is performing company labor being subjected to DRIVE CAM surveillance of exceptional company standards and guidelines WHILE ONE IS OFF THE CLOCK. If your actions while on personal off the clock time is subject to disciplinary action beyond the scope of abiding to state driving laws this time should be accounted for as specific company related labor beyond the basic non compensation time of commuting a company vehicle.

Just a thought for pondering....

Years of Experience

Default Re: Remember contract locators ONLY FUEL UP ON THE CLOCK !!!

I was at Burger King one day for lunch with my co-worker not long ago. I was sitting in a booth by an employee, and his boss walked by and asked him if he could "grab that napkin off the floor". The guy pointed to the clock and says "sorry, I don't start until 11". I looked at the clock and it was EXACTLY 2 minutes till 11. She had her hands full, shook her head and walked away. This guy then starts complaining like a little whiny bitch about his job to his buddy. How he hates it so much. Like a little whiny bitch. I thought - in today's economy I would be thankful to have a job. And if I didn't like my job I would go LOOK FOR ANOTHER ONE. Geezus cripes, I thought, what a lazy little bitch, I should reach over and smack that ******. That's just me tho I guess.

^^^ Just a random thought I remembered after reading that post.

Years of Experience
    na

and to that I say -

To cog or not to be a cog

Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by USIC1 View Post
    We still expect you to abide and execute DRIVE CAM standards OFF THE CLOCK though...

Yes. I agree to be responsible for the company vehicle during off hours. But that should not be subject to executing an exceptional standard beyond what the state driving laws require unless I am still being compensated for this exceptional standard...

I believe one is performing company labor being subjected to DRIVE CAM surveillance of exceptional company standards and guidelines WHILE ONE IS OFF THE CLOCK. If your actions while on personal off the clock time is subject to disciplinary action beyond the scope of abiding to state driving laws this time should be accounted for as specific company related labor beyond the basic non compensation time of commuting a company vehicle.

Just a thought for pondering....

I do anything and everything that has to do work-related on the clock even fuel up.

Years of Experience

I agree .....that's their rules anyway ! I wouldn't have it any other way !
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Years of Experience

When I was in contract locating, I would often wait till I was almost home at the end of the day and then fuel up the company truck and then clock out.

Doesn't everybody?

Years of Experience

I think it also depends on your area. I lived 30+ miles contract locating from my area. In one (of the many) areas I used to frequent, there were few gas stations I could fill up at. It would never fly for me to drive 16 or more miles away to get gas on the clock and throw my route out of whack.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

I was almost an hour from the area I located and would drive home and get gas at my local gas station. I was off the clock when doing this. I use to get "red flagged" by the fleet because I was filling up almost an hour after being off the clock.

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

When I had a supe that wasn't a total company tool I would accept going out of my area by an hour or so of travel, but he would always give me a cable drop ticket in my area as my last ticket of the day so that I got paid for my travel time at least one way, there were days he would make sure I got paid for the travel both ways. Needless to say USIC demoted him from his supe position.

Years of Experience

I am suprised that this even has to be stated. Much less as the heading of a thread.

Always, Always, Always perform all job functions while on the clock.

This should be common sense.

Fill up on the clock, get maintenance done on the vehicle on the clock, screen your tickets in your area after the first locate on the clock.

There have been so many lawsuits for uncompensated wages that the "Company" must protect themselves.

You do something work related off the clock, you could be terminated. I know people this has happened to.

So protect yourselve (CYA) and do everything on the clock that you are supposed to.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

Quote Originally Posted by PokerAdam View Post
    I am suprised that this even has to be stated. Much less as the heading of a thread.

Always, Always, Always perform all job functions while on the clock.

This should be common sense.

Fill up on the clock, get maintenance done on the vehicle on the clock, screen your tickets in your area after the first locate on the clock.

There have been so many lawsuits for uncompensated wages that the "Company" must protect themselves.

You do something work related off the clock, you could be terminated. I know people this has happened to.

So protect yourselve (CYA) and do everything on the clock that you are supposed to.
    Actually these vehicales are 'commute' vehicles and the US Department of Labor says any employee who gases or washes a vehicale after hours cannot demand wages for that time. If the company orders this work after hours then there may be a requirment that the company pay.

Totally agree with doing all work related activities on the clock only. If I am not going to be paid to do all required work, it's not going to happen.

Senior Member ProfessionalLocator's Avatar
    Years of Experience

When I was on PFP I always gassed up off the clock. Also when I was on a bonus for every 3,000 party charges without a damage, and the bonus got larger each time, I gassed up off the clock.

Years of Experience
    na

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessionalLocator View Post
    Actually these vehicales are 'commute' vehicles and the US Department of Labor says any employee who gases or washes a vehicale after hours cannot demand wages for that time. If the company orders this work after hours then there may be a requirment that the company pay.
    The company's are taking out and reimbursing our paychecks to not incur paying the commute time... But we do incur tax charges as it adds an additional amount to our gross... So if we are essentially paying to use the vehicle as incremental as it may be would nt a gas up be done on our tab anyway???

HA!!!

Years of Experience
    17 years

I've never been hassled for stopping at a gas station. If you need gas first thing in the morning or on the way home then get gas. If you need it during the day between tickets then do it then. We're quibbling over a few minutes a week.
    Cheddar likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast