Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Reliable Locating Machines: What is the best one to buy?

Stuck outside of Mobile with the Memphis blues again
    Years of Experience

Default Re: Reliable Locating Machines: What is the best one to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by The Marlboro Man View Post
    Why are you locating utilities as a land surveyor? Are there not any contract locating companies in that area? Or, are you concerned about private utilities?
    I generally ignored survey tickets when I was locating, I didn't have time to waste spraying paint that no one was going to dig on anyway. Most of the survey companies finally got the hint and would call in a meet to get the info they needed.

Years of Experience
    11.75 yrs

Default Re: Reliable Locating Machines: What is the best one to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Turk182 View Post
    I generally ignored survey tickets when I was locating, I didn't have time to waste spraying paint that no one was going to dig on anyway. Most of the survey companies finally got the hint and would call in a meet to get the info they needed.
    And that is why survey company would call in a ticket as a regular ticket because otherwise guys like you would not come out. instead of having 10 days to do the ticket and could do it a few hours a day, now I would have to have the whole thing located in 3 days. Had one guy just get out of truck and spray some paint. They went off his marks and planned everything out. When it came to the project and they called in regular ticket and it was marked out properly they had and go spend serious cash to move the utilities that were in the way now and delayed the start of the project.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12