Thread: Recession or Depression?

Years of Experience

Default Recession or Depression?

Recession is when people around you is out of work. Depression is when you are out of work!

Yesterday I was marking out a sewer/water main project that covers 8 blocks of lower priced homes. While marking out the gas lines in a 2 block stretch on the south side of the street, I encountered 2 homeowners wanting to know if I was there to turn off their gas. Another one asked me how to bypass the gas company's meter lock............. WoW!

My brother-in-law works for the local power company. Every Halloween there is a costume party with food and big cash rewards for best costumes. This year the party was light snacks and candy rewards for best costumes..... It was just announced there will be no Christmas party this year at the power company. In the years past the Christmas party there was a big feast with free booze, many gifts and plenty of FUN....... The power company's subscribers are not paying their electric bill. The power company is feeling the pinch of reduced revenues and sees no relief thru the coming months. Consequently, there will be no more parties at the power company for the immediate future.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Recession or Depression?

i wonder what type of depression we was in years ago when our parties stopped!!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I say recession......but I'm praying things will get better before I have to change that to Depression.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

I went to an emergency locate last week and when I pulled up there were 3 gas trucks and a Police car. The gas co. was there to pull the meter for non-payment but the Homeowner refused to put her 2 Rottweilers in the house. The Police couldn't force her to do anything with the dogs so the gas co. dug the service up at the main and capped it off. Now it will cost the homeowner a minimum of $1500 plus the past due amount to get her gas service back. Of course there was a nearly new Beemer sitting in the driveway.
    I might not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was !

It's better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On or Stood On and Pissed Off Of !

The views expressed on this website/blog are mine alone and do not reflect the views of my employer. or my wife , if that matters.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sprayandpray View Post
    I went to an emergency locate last week and when I pulled up there were 3 gas trucks and a Police car. The gas co. was there to pull the meter for non-payment but the Homeowner refused to put her 2 Rottweilers in the house. The Police couldn't force her to do anything with the dogs so the gas co. dug the service up at the main and capped it off. Now it will cost the homeowner a minimum of $1500 plus the past due amount to get her gas service back. Of course there was a nearly new Beemer sitting in the driveway.
    I bet she is pissed the "Prophet" missed her plight........uh oh, let the mass dissapointment begin.
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Years of Experience

There is a high rent subdivision on the east side of Kansas City. These are 3+ acre estate lots that in it's prime was dotted with unique 6,000 sq. ft. and larger custom homes valued at $1 million plus. Today there are 13 foreclosures in this subdivision! There is one new model home priced earlier this year @ $950,000 on sale today for $750,000! One of the 4,000 sq footer foreclosures in this subdivision was sold for $850,000 in 2005 and today the bank is asking $530,000!

Still too rich for my blood.

Hell wing that is chickenfeed for you. You and your wife should drop down 25% and finance the rest. I know that subdivision you are talking about. I remember them building those homes. I thought some of them at 500k in the beginning were to much. What were people thinking. Like the market was going to stay high forever!!
    If you are not a Liberal by age 20, then you do not have a heart! If you are not a Conservative by age 40, then you do not have a brain!!!