Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By orangeboots
  • 2 Post By TheCableVine

Thread: Rant: Religious Freedom

Years of Experience

Default Rant: Religious Freedom

First, let me start off by saying that I'm not a religious person anymore. I was raised Catholic, but don't follow anymore.

All week we've seen this story in the press about this Catholic/Christian clerk from Kentucky refusing to allow gay marriage because it's against her moral and religious background. This lady has been crucified in the media, been thrown in jail for contempt, the whole nine yards.

Now, this morning I just got done reading a story on CNN about a Muslim flight attendant who refuses to serve alcohol to people flying because it's against her religion. Now, these special interest groups are coming to her defense and trying to get her job back because she's being discriminated against by being Muslim and refusal to do her job based on her religion.

Link: Muslim flight attendent claims discrimination - CNN.com

So, my question to all of you is this: Why should it be OK for the Muslim to get her job back (she's really been put on suspension right now) because her religion forbids alcohol, but it's not OK for the Catholic/Christian woman to be released from jail because her religion says gay marriage is not right?

Years of Experience

Default Re: Rant: Religious Freedom

Sure this won't be a popular answer but they should both lose they're jobs. they were hired to do a job now they refuse. Fire them and hire somebody that wants to do it.
    locatethis, daman1, UULC and 1 others like this.

Years of Experience

Thank you orange! Kinda simple ain't it. JUST DO YOUR JOB... Why would they hire on to do a job, knowing what is expected of them in the first place? Damn it!
    I must be F#%@ing Daffy!!!

Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

I have the answer. If you read my response to the post about "Black Lives Matter" I touched on it a little. I didn't explain it fully.

In the effort to take over the country by liberals you have to take down the majority or the controlling class. In the USA the majority is the White Christian. If you pay attention to the news the enemy of all groups are white christians. Homosexuals are being attacked by WC's. Minorities are also the target of WC's. Any group you can come up with the liberals will say WC's are attacking them. Whether it is true or not. By doing this the Democrat party has won many elections. The "War on Women" is a great example. The Republican party (The White Christians) is attacking women (white women included) by trying to deny them birth control (a complete lie) as a form of oppression. This successfully turns women against their own and they vote Democrat.

The liberals have targeted Muslims as a potential voting block for the Democrat Party. White Christians refuse to cater homosexual weddings and are run through the ringer. Muslims outright refuse to do the same and they are given a pass. The Democrats are manipulating the Muslim community by coming to their aide every chance they get. Soon enough you will see how WC's are are targeting Muslims according to liberals.

It's all about power and money.
    daman1 and yahoo like this.
    "Change does not always equal progress."

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by orangeboots View Post
    Sure this won't be a popular answer but they should both lose they're jobs. they were hired to do a job now they refuse. Fire them and hire somebody that wants to do it.
    Yep, it's that simple. What I find funny is how the same folks who are so outraged about the clerk refusing to uphold her oath to follow the law stood silent or openly defended the same thing when it suited their agenda. When cops and judges refuse to deport illegals, where is the leftist outrage then? Where was it when states refused to enforce pot laws? Didn't these people take oaths too?

I'm not particularly pro gay marriage but it's the law now. I'm also not opposed to legal pot. Whether it's illegal immigration, legal pot, or gay marriage, the law stands as it is. Until the law changes, an oath was taken to uphold that law. The pattern of refusing to obey the law rather than getting the law changed is dangerous. It was the left that started the pattern.

So the clerk should either quit or go to jail for contempt. She should be sharing a cell with those who run sanctuary cities, and those who don't enforce pot laws.

Years of Experience

She wasn't hired, she was elected. And at the time of being elected gay marriage was not legal. Fire her? You can't fire an elected official.

Years of Experience

I don't care if it was legal when she was elected it is now and if she doesn't want to issue the licenses she needs to step down. What law is there that says it's ok for her to not issue these licences? I think she took a oath to carry out the duty of her office.

Years of Experience

I don't care if it was legal when she was elected it is now and if she doesn't want to issue the licenses she needs to step down. What law is there that says it's ok for her to not issue these licences? I think she took a oath to carry out the duty of her office.
    So how many dispensary owners and operators have been jailed for breaking federal marijuana laws? That's still illegal you know. Yet the government chooses to pick this fight. All those in disagreement will be chastised.

Years of Experience

I didn't say that. I agree There are tons of laws being broken every day obama should be in jail for not enforcing immigration.

Years of Experience
    17 years

Quote Originally Posted by 400 ft swath View Post
    So how many dispensary owners and operators have been jailed for breaking federal marijuana laws? That's still illegal you know. Yet the government chooses to pick this fight. All those in disagreement will be chastised.

I was the one who talked about that. I don't necessarily have a problem with legal pot but the law is the law. Elected judges in certain states refuse to enforce federal law. It may be legal in Colorado but federal law forbids it. Until Congress repeals it, judges and police are violating their oaths by refusing enforcement. If it gets tested in the Supreme Court, it's open shut federal law trumps state. It's a principle and just because I am ok with legal pot but against illegal immigration doesn't change that. To be outraged with the clerk for refusing to do her duty while at the same time defending cops and judges for refusing to detain and deport illegals is rather hypocritical in my humble opinion.

Years of Experience

If I were the feds I would seize all the state taxes collected and all the cash and property from the sale of non medical pot. Bet that would slow em down a bit.

Years of Experience

it will get worse before it gets better ...........for WC's ! WALTON AND JOHNSON !
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato