Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R.I.P. Metrotech 810DX Transmitter and i500 set - No longer manufactured as of Friday October 14 2011.

Years of Experience

Default Re: R.I.P. Metrotech 810DX Transmitter and i500 set - No longer manufactured as of Friday October 14 2011.

They're building a unit to replace the 810dx, it's supposed to have 810 & 850 frequencies. I'm still waiting to hear the specs & full features.

Default Re: R.I.P. Metrotech 810DX Transmitter and i500 set - No longer manufactured as of Friday October 14 2011.

I guess this will have the 9.82kHz and 83kHz frequencies in one locator. seems strange to do this when they have just launched the vLoc 9800 with 9.82kHz. I wonder why they didn't add 83kHz to this unit and then they would only have one unit rather than 2.

Senior Member FailedSafetyAudit's Avatar
    Years of Experience

The new brochures look a little unpolished. for example in the vLocPro2 vLocML2 UserHandbook VXMT Eng V1.0(Publish) 20110919 .pdf it says "weighs much less than previous vlocpro."

Well, how much less? Be specific.

Also it claims "normal and modulated" audio modes. Care to explain further what is meant by the term "modulated"?

Talks again about Multiple location modes... delve into those more a little. I'm going to read the usermanual now that I'm curious.

Looks like it comes with an A-Frame which means it has fault finding. Is this something the original vloc didn't have?

Hmm... unforunate naming scheme with the 9800 being in the name. The original 9800 was one of the worst locating units ever made... hard to believe they would be that dense and keep the name in a new product. Put it out to pasture, metrotech.

Automatic gain options!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you finally!!! I am very interested in trying one of these out.

Nice to know that the 5 watt middle level version of the transmitter has signal direction on it... sweet. Don't have to get the big 10 watt version to get that feature.

I gotta find out if the peak mode can be used with automatic gain control.

Lol, i love what it says on page 17 of the user manual "most of the frequencies you will never use"

Damn, actually i just read in the data sheet that the gain control is manual, i see conflicting information. I'll have to email them. Or maybe just the regular vlocpro2 doesn't have automatic, but the vloc-9800 does. Yeah I think that's it.
    TRUST no one !!!
    QUESTION everything !!!
    Find the TRUTH for yourself !!!
    Sound a bit paranoid ???
    That's what this business is. - Don Lyng

Years of Experience

I have a METROTECH 810Dx that has never been used, it still has the protective plastic cover on the display screen. I bought it in March 2011, and before I could use it for the first time, myself along with 22 others, were laid off. I've since started working underground as a coal miner. I've been trying to sell the 810Dx with no luck. If anyone is interested, here's my email: wvbowhunter21@aol.com. Thanks

Senior Member CableAvoidanceTool's Avatar
    Years of Experience

I think you would have the best success putting your 810dx on ebay. Alot of people from all over the USA and canada look at locators on ebay every day, but don't neccessarily come to thecablevine for buying/selling.

Years of Experience

Though Metrotech Transmitter is dead but it is still available and people using it who loves it. Just check this Metrotech 810 Dx available from a dealer in USA.

Used Metrotech 810 by Test Equipment Connection Corp. | used-line.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12