Thread: A questions for all the NFL fans out there.

Conservative Meanie ifinditunderground's Avatar
    Years of Experience
    Blog Entries

Default A questions for all the NFL fans out there.

My wife purchased four tickets to a Redskins vs Saints game in Washington. She purchased them thru Ticketmaster who actually sells them thru a company called "Tickets Now". We paid $140.00 for each ticket. I got the tickets today and found that the face value of these tickets is $29.00. I of course called my wife and told her what the face value was and she said at no point did Ticketmaster state the actual face value of the tickets. Is this a standard thing? Or did we get taken? Do I have any recourse? I called Tickets Now, the woman on the hold gave me a bunch of "sorries" and told me that it is all about supply and demand. She also told me that any game involving New Orleans, Dallas (this I can understand), Atlanta, New York, and a couple others have these high markups on the tickets......any thoughts?
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness."
    "America isn't free, in America you are free to follow the rules." -Anthony Cumia

Default Re: A questions for all the NFL fans out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ifinditunderground View Post
    My wife purchased four tickets to a Redskins vs Saints game in Washington. She purchased them thru Ticketmaster who actually sells them thru a company called "Tickets Now". We paid $140.00 for each ticket. I got the tickets today and found that the face value of these tickets is $29.00. I of course called my wife and told her what the face value was and she said at no point did Ticketmaster state the actual face value of the tickets. Is this a standard thing? Or did we get taken? Do I have any recourse? I called Tickets Now, the woman on the hold gave me a bunch of "sorries" and told me that it is all about supply and demand. She also told me that any game involving New Orleans, Dallas (this I can understand), Atlanta, New York, and a couple others have these high markups on the tickets......any thoughts?
    Sounds similiar to Stub Hub. I checked the Redskin's website, and they sold all regular season tickets thru stub hub.
    STRESS: The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living daylights out of some idiot who desperately deserves it.

I heard that those companies buy the 'rights' to sell the tickets. That would reduce the price that the venue/team would want (ie the face value), but then gets passed downstream to the attendant.

Still.. depending on seat/event/etc.. $140 sounds about 'normal' afaik.

I think its crazy, and ppl should stop payin those prices and leave alot of seats open to force the prices back down..
    But they dont..

Nearest 'major' anything is 5hrs away from here. Fine by me..

otoh, ya got the tickets now.

Go, Enjoy.. water under the bridge etc.. and dont forget to buy one of those foam fingers.. theyre good for home use, when ya wanna blame the wife for something.. say "You !!", and point the finger.

lol
    (May you live in interesting times)

Years of Experience

I think that somehow your wife got re-directed to a ticket broker which in all cases, the face value of the tickets are horribly inflated. I see alot of concerts and buy everything through Ticketmaster which shows a final price everytime I do the online checkout. Sorry dude, you got taken.

Buy a couple of $5 hot dogs, a few $7 beers and have a blast!
    "It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip someone the bird"

Hey.........pull my finger!!!!!!!!!!