Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Mark

Thread: Quality of Workers

Years of Experience
    30+

Default Quality of Workers

I need to get on my soapbox for a few minutes.

What the hell is wrong with people these day's? Since going to the Dark Side(contractor) We cannot find quality workers. They cannot pass a drug test, are on probation/parole, have DUI's or no driver license. The folks we do hire want a easy job and do not want to work for their money.

We pay good money and benefits but I can't find any drill operators/locators or people who want to work with our excavation crews. All we do is put in conduit, set handholds, pull fiber. We are a fiber installer. Folks there are jobs out there to be had but Damn it is not going to be given to you on a silver platter. You have to work for it.

It seems in today society people do not take into account that their actions can have long term affect on their future. A DUI stays with you for 7 years. How do you expect to work if you can't pass a drug test.

Also let's talk about LAZY ASS people. I have people who work here and are lazy but I can't let them go because I have no one to fill their positions.

Okay off my soapbox.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Quality of Workers

It's the pussification of today's youth. If they ain't on drugs they are on their dam phones all the time. Get a kid from the country on a farm, they seem to hold up good. City kids seem to be little bitches.

Years of Experience

Default Re: Quality of Workers

how close are you to Disney World ....................heehee........just messing with you my friend !!!!
    wise men talk because they have something to say and fools because they have to say something....plato